WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Gear Up For Golf

Golf requires gear. Without gear, golf is just bowling. No, wait, bowling requires shoes and pins. Look, forget we said anything. You don't need any distractions. Just buy this stuff and focus on your game.

Quality Posts

emmabean2000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000

As usual, I seem to be finding similar items cheaper on Amazon...

rickyo34

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rickyo34

Are the Niblicks right or left handed? The picture is right handed but you never know ...

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 167 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

rickyo34 wrote:Are the Niblicks right or left handed? The picture is right handed but you never know ...

I just got word from the staff.
The Niblicks are right handed.

Thank you for the inquiry!

eliwanag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eliwanag

Do the rbz max irons come with a sand wedge?

ROGETRAY

Staff

eliwanag wrote:Do the rbz max irons come with a sand wedge?

It appears that in the Specs tab of the sale the SW is included.

eliwanag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eliwanag
ROGETRAY wrote:It appears that in the Specs tab of the sale the SW is included.

Hmmm but the title says "8-piece set" which is irons 4-9, PW and AW... The SW would make 9.....

Can you confirm please?

Thanks!

ROGETRAY

Staff

eliwanag wrote:Hmmm but the title says "8-piece set" which is irons 4-9, PW and AW... The SW would make 9.....

Can you confirm please?

Thanks!

AHHH! I see what you did there.

Yes, I'll ping the staff and find out. I very much doubt that I will get an answer tonight, but someone should post an answer soon.

regassert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages regassert
ROGETRAY wrote:AHHH! I see what you did there.

Yes, I'll ping the staff and find out. I very much doubt that I will get an answer tonight, but someone should post an answer soon.

It depends on the set makeup that you select. The men's sets left do not include a SW.

need4mospd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages need4mospd

The Pinemeadow Men's Hybrids are $25 less on Pinemeadow's website now. How bout a deal Woot?

jdciasulli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdciasulli
regassert wrote:It depends on the set makeup that you select. The men's sets left do not include a SW.

This is my understanding...
If you specify 4-PW it is a 7 piece set for 349. Everything else is an 8 piece set that includes the AW (gap wedge), and the only set that includes the SW is the ladies 8 piece 5-SW set (including AW also).

Correct me if I am wrong, please.

bbbthompson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbbthompson

I just ordered a women's set of irons. Could I change that to another set which includes rescue clubs?

Bill Thompson

dgb2i

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dgb2i
eliwanag wrote:Hmmm but the title says "8-piece set" which is irons 4-9, PW and AW... The SW would make 9.....

Can you confirm please?

Thanks!

The only set that includes a sand wedge is the ladies set. Irons will often run 3/4-9, then a pitching wedge (PW), approach/gap wedge (AW/GW), sand wedge (SW), and lob wedge (LW). Sand/lob wedges aren't typically included with most iron sets, as most people play a different brand of wedges based on their swing.

I wouldn't be looking at the RBZ Max irons unless you're a senior (even though the only flex left is stiff), or just plan to be a ~10 rounds a year player (in which case you should buy much cheaper used irons), as they're veritable shovels in every sense of the word. At the very least, read reviews of them to understand the demographic to which TMaG was catering when they designed them.

Back to wedges: TaylorMade has released several nice wedges for high handicappers recently - the ATV series of wedges, as well as the RocketBladez sand and lob wedges. They have a much larger sole than most players' wedges, making them substantially easier to hit than a typical wedge. Check those out if you're in the market for game-improvement wedges.

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra

The RBZ set with the 4 and 5 hybrids: There is no choice of shafts, it just describes them as "lightweight". Can you tell me if they are senior, regular or stiff? Thanks.

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

bolligra

bolligra wrote:The RBZ set with the 4 and 5 hybrids: There is no choice of shafts, it just describes them as "lightweight". Can you tell me if they are senior, regular or stiff? Thanks.

To clarify, I see you can choose steel or graphite shafts, but not a specific flex.

bolligra

bolligra wrote:To clarify, I see you can choose steel or graphite shafts, but not a specific flex.

No answer, so I guess it's unknown. Too bad, I have two friends that would order if they were regular flex.

mphillipswoot

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mphillipswoot
bolligra wrote:The RBZ set with the 4 and 5 hybrids: There is no choice of shafts, it just describes them as "lightweight". Can you tell me if they are senior, regular or stiff? Thanks.

Both are regular shaft

bolligra

mphillipswoot wrote:Both are regular shaft

Thanks!

mayesg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mayesg

July 26 I got an email saying my clubs had shipped. Fedex said they would be delivered last Saturday. Now Fedex is saying they only have the shipment information. What is going on?

jkow96

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkow96

Hi, does anyone know what type/brand of shafts are included with the taylormade r11 irons?

jkow96

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkow96
jkow96 wrote:Hi, does anyone know what type/brand of shafts are included with the taylormade r11 irons?

Specifically on the steal shafts.

mdogs444

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdogs444
mayesg wrote:July 26 I got an email saying my clubs had shipped. Fedex said they would be delivered last Saturday. Now Fedex is saying they only have the shipment information. What is going on?

Mine is doing the same thing. I think we got screwed. I'm requesting a cancellation of my order and full refund. They did this same thing to my father regarding the same RBZ irons.

mayesg

mdogs444 wrote:Mine is doing the same thing. I think we got screwed. I'm requesting a cancellation of my order and full refund. They did this same thing to my father regarding the same RBZ irons.

Did he ever get his irons?

mdogs444

mayesg wrote:Did he ever get his irons?

No. They said there are no more left and refund. Gave the runaround for 3 emails.

savar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages savar

For the people having issues getting your items, are they the RBZ or RBZ max clubs?

mayesg

savar wrote:For the people having issues getting your items, are they the RBZ or RBZ max clubs?

RBZ Max. This is the response I got from Woot:
Please allow a few additional business days for the tracking information to update. If nothing has changed by this time next week, please let us know.

mayesg

mayesg wrote:July 26 I got an email saying my clubs had shipped. Fedex said they would be delivered last Saturday. Now Fedex is saying they only have the shipment information. What is going on?

Got an email from FedEx stating the clubs left CA and will be delivered this Saturday. We shall see!

mdogs444

mayesg wrote:Got an email from FedEx stating the clubs left CA and will be delivered this Saturday. We shall see!

Mine was just updated to being delivered on Tuesday

pshong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pshong
mdogs444 wrote:Mine was just updated to being delivered on Tuesday

yeah same here...mine originally said Friday..not got shifted to Friday.

Sucks cause my dad and I were suppose to golfing this Sunday cause he wanted to try out his new RBZ.

dgb2i

I haven't heard anything either. Mine was scheduled to be delivered last Tuesday, but I've gotten the same runaround through two emails with Woot's customer service. I sent one last email moments ago, but I don't hold out much hope. If I don't hear something back today, I'm cancelling the charges on my card.

I don't see myself doing business in the future with a company that holds your money for a full week, yet refuses to update you on the status of your items.

sca1985

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sca1985
dgb2i wrote:I haven't heard anything either. Mine was scheduled to be delivered last Tuesday, but I've gotten the same runaround through two emails with Woot's customer service. I sent one last email moments ago, but I don't hold out much hope. If I don't hear something back today, I'm cancelling the charges on my card.

I don't see myself doing business in the future with a company that holds your money for a full week, yet refuses to update you on the status of your items.

My advise would be get out while you can. I purchased a set of burner 2.0 a few months ago. Multiple people in that sale received the wrong clubs. Woods response is always generic and blames the supplier. They offered all of us a $20 refund on our order. No one had a choice to return or deny the refund. Woot just applied the refunds onto the purchase card. I have also heard of them over selling the lot. They hold your money for weeks then say its out of stock. Not the way a business should operate. Check out the BBB rating. They are sitting on a D+ rating because of issues like this.

dgb2i

sca1985 wrote:My advise would be get out while you can. I purchased a set of burner 2.0 a few months ago. Multiple people in that sale received the wrong clubs. Woods response is always generic and blames the supplier. They offered all of us a $20 refund on our order. No one had a choice to return or deny the refund. Woot just applied the refunds onto the purchase card. I have also heard of them over selling the lot. They hold your money for weeks then say its out of stock. Not the way a business should operate. Check out the BBB rating. They are sitting on a D+ rating because of issues like this.

Well, this is unnerving. I have yet to receive a response from them - could any staff confirm that if we are sent the incorrect clubs, we will be able to return them? I could've had these clubs at my doorstep in 2 days for $40 more - this has been substantially more than $40 worth of a headache.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

dgb2i wrote:Well, this is unnerving. I have yet to receive a response from them - could any staff confirm that if we are sent the incorrect clubs, we will be able to return them? I could've had these clubs at my doorstep in 2 days for $40 more - this has been substantially more than $40 worth of a headache.

absolutely. if you receive the incorrect item, we can provide a refund. just email Support@Woot.com and let us know.

i apologize for the frustration this delay may have caused.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

dgb2i

PemberDucky wrote:absolutely. if you receive the incorrect item, we can provide a refund. just email Support@Woot.com and let us know.

i apologize for the frustration this delay may have caused.

Your support has been lackluster thus far. I've been lied to (saying that it's FedEx's fault), condescended (implying I didn't understand what a business day was), and had my most basic question - why can't anyone tell me where these clubs are and/or why they are so delayed? - completely ignored. I've been a member here since 2008, and have never had an issue before now, and this is the largest purchase I've tried to make with you all. My reward is to sit here, no clubs, no working tracking number, no information, and no $435 that could've already bought me these exact same clubs.

I just want some answers, but no one seems able and/or willing to provide them.

I know people will likely stop discussing this deal once it's taken down, leaving a lot of people with no clubs and no answers, just like me. Has anyone else actually gotten their clubs, or a tracking number that shows something besides 'initiated'?

Edit: I've been replied to by customer service with yet another form letter, saying that my order is being processed by their external vendor and cannot be refunded or modified. Of course, it included no actual information - just more garbage excuses. If you're thinking of ordering anything from this sale before it's over, I urge you to reconsider.