WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

We move them. We count them. We flip them. We treat them as little pieces of ourselves, our little proxies in an abstract world of fantasy. And then they're gone, lost under a dresser or dropped down a heating duct. They are game pieces. They are us. Do you know the games to which they belong?

Game Pieces

Answers are here. Please post your guesses, speculations, or arguments below! But know this: the Trivial Eye is presented for public amusement and no prizes are offered other than that familiar feeling of aggravation that so much of your mind is occupied by useless trivia.

Quality Posts

• (4:44 PM, 7/26/2013) [STAFF] Jason Toon pieced together the winner.

olcubmaster

quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster

For once a trivial eye I where I can answer 99% (maybe 100%).

1. Risk
2. Trvial Pursuit
3. Othello
4. Stratego
5. Chess – Civil War Set
6. Perfection
7. Candy Land (they were paper when I was a kid. Or maybe they were dinosaur bones.)
8. Tri-Ominoes

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon
olcubmaster wrote:For once a trivial eye I where I can answer 99% (maybe 100%).

1. Risk
2. Trvial Pursuit
3. Othello
4. Stratego
5. Chess – Civil War Set
6. Perfection
7. Candy Land (they were paper when I was a kid. Or maybe they were dinosaur bones.)
8. Tri-Ominoes

Ding ding ding! Nailed it!

bacalum

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bacalum
Jason Toon wrote:Ding ding ding! Nailed it!

Interesting to note you used the new pieces for Risk; I prefer the older style. If Woot is still around in 50 years and runs a similar quiz, how many people will recognize the iron from Monopoly - or any game pieces at all? Will anyone but throwbacks still play physical board games?

When rich or powerful people propose a change, it is designed to make them richer or more powerful.

kfujita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kfujita

surprised there weren't entries for Woot!opoly or Settlers of Catan.