WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Have you ever watched a master pianist play Rachmaninoff's 3rd and thought, "I could do that"? Us too. 

Announcing the first-annual Employee-Designed Shirt Contest, a week-long experiment in hubris and megalomania. We may lack basic Illustrator skills and aesthetic sensibilities, but that didn't stop us from designing our own tees! So come check out our fair-to-middling offerings, and buy one if you feel especially sorry for us. 

Here's how it works: 

•  All Woot employees were eligible to submit designs. No "expertise" required. 
  •  Winners will be chosen based on number of shirts sold. 
  • 1st place: A date with Joel Lewis, director of Shirt.Woot (pictured above)​
  • 2nd place: An "Almost Good Enough" trophy ​
  • Last place: A framed poster of your design 

We'll post updates in the next week as these shirts FLY OFF THE SHELVES, and expect to see a lot of hectoring, cajoling, and downright bribery from desperate employees in the forums. Speaking of which, we can all agree right now that this is the best design of the bunch: 

Y'see, because some people pronounce that Greek letter "mew" and others "moo" so...listen, I don't need to explain it, OK? Just buy it and let me win that date!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Nooooooo. Buy mine! Mine is the best! Please!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

dfunk29

quality posts: 54 Private Messages dfunk29
ThunderThighs wrote:Nooooooo. Buy mine! Mine is the best! Please!

Which is yours? Oops, nevermind. My brain's a little slow tonight.

ceagee

quality posts: 66 Private Messages ceagee

Are the Woot employees really that hard up for a date ?

( Nothing personal Joel. I'm sure you'd make a fine date )

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew

I feel like Last might be the place to play for. How nice is this frame?

skemmis

quality posts: 18 Private Messages skemmis

Staff

matthew wrote:I feel like Last might be the place to play for. How nice is this frame?

See I'm gunning for that trophy, so am going to have to cool some jets if I start veering into Joel-date land.

jfenchel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfenchel

an ass or bran poster would be absolutely hilarious. Also, I'm not quite sure how you would frame the wait for it design ... would it have a front and back and you have to take it off the wall and flip it?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jfenchel wrote:an ass or bran poster would be absolutely hilarious. Also, I'm not quite sure how you would frame the wait for it design ... would it have a front and back and you have to take it off the wall and flip it?

Could mount it in an acrylic block so it could be seen from both sides. Not that they'll do that.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

brndnstffrd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brndnstffrd

So if whoever sells the most shirts gets a date with Joel, if i buy the most shirts from one staffer, do i get a date with that staffer????

pinchecat

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pinchecat
brndnstffrd wrote:So if whoever sells the most shirts gets a date with Joel, if i buy the most shirts from one staffer, do i get a date with that staffer????

yes