napoleonkim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages napoleonkim

to answer 'zonkerrob's' question the lids are 1mm thick which is between 18 and 20 guage. This is on par with other grills on the market.

jeffstuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffstuff
napoleonkim wrote:For starters the warranty. For replacement parts it is very easy to get. Contact Napoleon and we will send you parts free of charge.

Do you mean the replacement parts are free or the shipping is free, or both?

napoleonkim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages napoleonkim

if it is under warranty then parts and shipping are free

celecshop

quality posts: 1 Private Messages celecshop

I have the 605 build-in model. This is a budget version of high end grills with cheaper materials. Only outside surfaces and cooking grid are 304SS. Rest is magnetic steel. Design is similar to a Weber and relative easy to clean.
It cooks well and can easily get to 600 deg.
The rotisserie burner sits 3-4 inches below the spit level. It would be better if it was at the same level. The Napoleon rotisserie kit is chrome plated steel so not that durable. I got another kit from Grillpro that is 304SS but had to make mods to fit it. The infrared burner is only about 5x8 inches, so it will only fit one large steak or two smaller ones but it works really well - similar to charcoal but easier to use. It actually works better than Lynx prosear 2 if you can live with the small area.
Biggest negative is the control knobs. They only turn ~ 80 degs and are loose so you can turn the knob ~ +/-5 deg without actually changing the gas flow. So don't expect setting temperature with precision. Weber grills have a much better knobs with 180 deg rotation.
If you want infrared grilling (rotisserie/sear) on a budget get a Napoleon 605. If not get a Weber.

zonkerrob

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zonkerrob
napoleonkim wrote:to answer 'zonkerrob's' question the lids are 1mm thick which is between 18 and 20 guage. This is on par with other grills on the market.

From a neutral buying guide (link in previous comment):

Here are some common gauges of steel used in making grills.

10 gauge = 0.1345" thick
12 = 0.1046
14 = 0.0747
16 = 0.0598
18 = 0.0478"

Yours: 1 mm = 0.03937"

How is this on par, and not below bottom of the barrel?

nuggy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nuggy
zonkerrob wrote:From a neutral buying guide (link in previous comment):

Here are some common gauges of steel used in making grills.

10 gauge = 0.1345" thick
12 = 0.1046
14 = 0.0747
16 = 0.0598
18 = 0.0478"

Yours: 1 mm = 0.03937"

How is this on par, and not below bottom of the barrel?

I kind of like the deal I got on the Weber Summit I bought on Ebay last year for $500....Had to convert from Natural to Propane....But no big deal....Raised on Weber....Will always be a Weber griller....None better....

chycoll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chycoll
mm20 wrote:Chump change. I'm in for three!

Liar, no one bought three. Who's the chump now?

olcubmaster

quality posts: 30 Private Messages olcubmaster
djmj99 wrote:But you CAN be the mess and carcinogens you get from charcoal. Enjoy!

Agreed - you CAN be the mess and carcinogens, but it's a whole lot less painfull if you pick another protein to grill.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

mm20

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mm20
chycoll wrote:Liar, no one bought three. Who's the chump now?

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to use the [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] tags.

The 12 days of crap was just that- crap.

It's funny how when Woot! calls their stuff crap, it's ok, but when *YOU* call it crap, *poof* you get banned. Hypocrites.