WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Sony Laptops

Are you ready for the inevitable Sony nostalgia revival of early 2014? These VAIO laptops offer compact, potent mobile computing from the name that brought you the Walkman, the PlayStation, and Betamax. Hey, two out of three, right?
Sony official site

schrody

quality posts: 9 Private Messages schrody

Yay! Finally a laptop with Blu-Ray!

No shirt, no shoes, no pants, no gods. No worries!

abrahamsong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abrahamsong

I've cried over having lost the chance to purchase the hottest deal on the Acer Aspire S3-391-6423 Ultrabook, 13.3 (http://tech.woot.com/offers/acer-13-3-core-i3-ultrabook?utm_campaign=Commission+Junction+-+10836818&utm_source=Commission+Junction+Publisher+-+4068665&utm_medium=affiliate+-+woot.com), but having talked over with Sony representatives, I'm convinced that this deal is just as good as the Acer one. Of course, the price differential is 200 bucks, but we are talking about i3 versus i5 and 4 gigs of ram vs 6 gigs of ram, not to mention that Sony is a premium brand compared to Acer. Both products were on 35% discounts and so I feel fairly happy about this purchase, though still find it a bit pricey for laptops these days.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

Woot left this rather important little nugget out:
"Average Battery Life (in hours) 2 hours"

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

registrationid

quality posts: 3 Private Messages registrationid

I'm in for 1. Hopefully this is a happy medium between portability and functionality. But I can't find a thing about upgrading the hard drive capacity. I can't see myself sticking with an 128gb SSD. I figure I'll eventually want an 256gb one at minimum.

Blowing out someone else's candle does not make yours burn brighter.