WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Hey Ma', Where's The Protein?

Who's Ma? Why does she have the protein tucked away? Why does her son or daughter need it? What purpose do they plan it for? Hidden in the title of this sale is a mystery novel just waiting to unfold. Maybe you'll be the one to solve the mystery. Or maybe you'll just buy protein. Either way, fine by us.

deadeye37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deadeye37

I have a hard time buying protein powder when I can get Muscle Milk protein powder from Costco for ~$8/lb (cheaper if its on sale) or the Body Fortress protein powder at Walmart for ~$7.50/lb.

mphillipswoot

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mphillipswoot
deadeye37 wrote:I have a hard time buying protein powder when I can get Muscle Milk protein powder from Costco for ~$8/lb (cheaper if its on sale) or the Body Fortress protein powder at Walmart for ~$7.50/lb.

Always check the grams of protein per grams of serving so you know how much is protein and how much is filler.

jagrime2

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jagrime2

I order this same protein powder using subscribe and save on amazon. It has free shipping and is a couple bucks cheaper than here.

xxooss

quality posts: 12 Private Messages xxooss

so the protein bars are 96 grams. I hate math but when I add up the amounts on the label of just the items shown in grams I get over 127 grams. Is this new math or some sort of witch craft?

EvilA4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EvilA4
deadeye37 wrote:I have a hard time buying protein powder when I can get Muscle Milk protein powder from Costco for ~$8/lb (cheaper if its on sale) or the Body Fortress protein powder at Walmart for ~$7.50/lb.

Muscle Milk usually has tons of sugar. I would recommend Gold Standard over that and whatever woot has listed.

For your health...

LaKASkill

quality posts: 17 Private Messages LaKASkill

Typo in Force Factor Pre Workout directions, can you see it?:

Directions:

Workout days: Take 2-4 capsules 30 minutes before lunch and 2-4 capsules 30 minutes befor working out.

[MOD: I spy with my little eyes, a fixed typo. Thanks!]

rgraf2503

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rgraf2503

You can get the phase8 protein at bodybuilding.com cheaper

2lbs buy one get one free - 4lbs for $30($7.50/lb) - can also choose more flavors

Here you get 4.6lbs for $40 ($8.70/lb)

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger
EvilA4 wrote:Muscle Milk usually has tons of sugar. I would recommend Gold Standard over that and whatever woot has listed.

For your health...

Pretty sure the Muscle Milk at Costco has 1 gram of sugar per serving. Not exactly tons...

e23flores

quality posts: 0 Private Messages e23flores

Has anyone used this? Is it any good?

zeta30

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zeta30
DaZoneRanger wrote:Pretty sure the Muscle Milk at Costco has 1 gram of sugar per serving. Not exactly tons...

But is does contain toxic heavy metals and cadmium. (Unless they have changed since 2010.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine-archive/2010/july/food/protein-drinks/what-our-tests-found/index.htm

mmapes2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmapes2

Great title! Love "My New Haircut" on teh youtubes :3

=^-.-^=

Jayrookie

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jayrookie
e23flores wrote:Has anyone used this? Is it any good?

The syntha-6 protein mixes well, tastes good and I feel is one of the better of its category. Worth a shot considering the price is exactly the same where I buy ALL my stuff cheap.

m2sniffles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages m2sniffles
zeta30 wrote:But is does contain toxic heavy metals and cadmium. (Unless they have changed since 2010.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine-archive/2010/july/food/protein-drinks/what-our-tests-found/index.htm

That report has been debunked for quite a while not to mention that the testing facility they used is owned by consumer reports

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 39 Private Messages Pufferfishy

Wow Woot! - do you have Google? Not even a deal on the Syntha-6. $46 at both Vitacost and BB.com - and you can't throw a stone without hitting 10/12/15% off coupons for either site.

Please try harder or stop trying - or just redirect your URLs to Amazon and get it over with already....

You've been put on posting probation for this post

sashton1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sashton1
rgraf2503 wrote:You can get the phase8 protein at bodybuilding.com cheaper

2lbs buy one get one free - 4lbs for $30($7.50/lb) - can also choose more flavors

Here you get 4.6lbs for $40 ($8.70/lb)

ALSO, on here - the description lists 22 servings, but the picture of the container says 50 ?? (phase 8)

Pinker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Pinker

From what little bit I looked. (gnc, bb, nutraplanet) There are 3 deals here, Battle Fuel, Compound 20, and the Fat Burner. The Supreme Protein bars aren't a bad price either, especially when you consider that most people buy them at their local gas station/grocery store for over double the price woot has them for.

Both MusclePharm and USPLabs have quality products, but I haven't ever tried these particular ones. I'm always hesitant to buy supplements off of Woot, or any overstock place for that matter. Seems like old recipes, and old batches of stuff would end up there.

The protein business is weird though, a large majority of companies order their protein through 1 outlet, and then add their "proprietary" additives and flavors. Thing is, you can order your protein from this same outlet, and eliminate the middle man. Google "True Nutrition" and build your own higher quality protein, or a cheaper if that's the avenue you want to go.

mattkrets

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mattkrets
DaZoneRanger wrote:Pretty sure the Muscle Milk at Costco has 1 gram of sugar per serving. Not exactly tons...

I have my bag'o'MM from Costco here at my desk. It's got 16g protein and 2g sugar (9g carbs overall) per scoop.

mphillipswoot

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mphillipswoot
sashton1 wrote:ALSO, on here - the description lists 22 servings, but the picture of the container says 50 ?? (phase 8)

This is the 4.6 lb. container, so there are 50 servings.

Pinker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Pinker
mattkrets wrote:I have my bag'o'MM from Costco here at my desk. It's got 16g protein and 2g sugar (9g carbs overall) per scoop.

And your scoop is 35g, so you're getting less than half the scoop for protein. So you're having to scoop twice, where a higher quality protein, with less additives won't. I'm not bashing on MM, but if you're taking MM for protein, there are much better options out there, options where you're not being duped by a seemingly low price.

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger
mattkrets wrote:I have my bag'o'MM from Costco here at my desk. It's got 16g protein and 2g sugar (9g carbs overall) per scoop.

Still, not exactly "tons" of sugar as another wooter was saying. Maybe the protein with the 1g of sugar is the Met-Rx from Trader Joe's, then. I know one of the ones I buy has only 1 gram of sugar!

schrody

quality posts: 9 Private Messages schrody
EvilA4 wrote:Muscle Milk usually has tons of sugar. I would recommend Gold Standard over that and whatever woot has listed.

For your health...

Another vote here for ON Gold Standard. Great stuff - 24 grams protein per (32g) scoop, and virtually no fat (.5g) or sugar (1g).

No shirt, no shoes, no pants, no gods. No worries!