quality posts: 3059 Private Messages lichme

Item: Vornado Tower Fan or Air Circulator-Your Choice
Price: $59.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

DrTorch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DrTorch

I think 'Vornado' is one of the coolest brand names in existance.

I just worry that some day it will enter the common vernacular, and the trademark will be challenged, like Jacuzzi, Band-aid and Thermos.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 592 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all, deleting some off topic posts. There are plenty of threads in World of Woot to discuss our business.

So, how about this Vornado offer?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dwilkins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwilkins

What's an "Air Ciruclator"?

rflashman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rflashman

$69.99 at Target http://www.target.com/p/vornado-143-whole-room-tower-circulator/-/A-13829143

reachsanto71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reachsanto71

The VORNADO portable fan sale is going on in COSTCO for USD 39.99 plus taxes. This has an evergreen Costco warranty as well.

WOOT needs to check against market while posting such sale. WOOT FOR PROFIT

gg11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gg11

What is the difference between an air Circulator and a Ciruclator?

tigerxchaos

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tigerxchaos
reachsanto71 wrote:The VORNADO portable fan sale is going on in COSTCO for USD 39.99 plus taxes. This has an evergreen Costco warranty as well.

WOOT needs to check against market while posting such sale. WOOT FOR PROFIT

Near as I can tell, the air circulator is $25 more and the tower fan is $20 more at Costco, on their site anyway. I'm not sure if there is a sale going on at their physical locations--if there is, I am running over there right now to take advantage of my membership.

mburns425

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mburns425

I've actually got 2 of the 184 Vornado fans - and they're really great. They move a great deal of air, and when running on speeds 1 or 2 (4 speed options) they are VERY quiet.

Downside, no built in ionizer or air filter, it's just a fan. and the customer support on these is terrible. -- First one I bought got tipped over by a CAT (weighing about 7 pounds) ((which gives you an idea as to how stable this is, if a small cat can tip it over) anyway, it fell over while running, and a few of the plastic fan blades snapped. I called the manufacturer so I could order a new fan blade. they don't sell ANY repair parts for ANY of their fans - however they did offer me 20% off, if I wanted to purchase a new fan (which I did)...

anyway, for the money, there are better fans that move more air and there may be fans that are quieter, but I've never seen a fan that looks as good as this one does. It's pretty sharp.

Right now, I've had both fans for almost 18 months - and they're still running like champs.

photobobk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages photobobk
tigerxchaos wrote:Near as I can tell, the air circulator is $25 more and the tower fan is $20 more at Costco, on their site anyway. I'm not sure if there is a sale going on at their physical locations--if there is, I am running over there right now to take advantage of my membership.

Didn't see it in Costco's 7/11 - 8/14 sale mailing either.

KingAdrock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KingAdrock
dwilkins wrote:What's an "Air Ciruclator"?

It's just a fancy name Vornado came up with for their fans.

Although despite the somewhat pompous name, they aren't your average fan. Vornados are quiet and blow a surprising amount of air because they are ducted fans.

showcaller

quality posts: 33 Private Messages showcaller

I bought one of these things and I have to tell you that using them as a bar b cue is impossible. Everything tasted like burnt chinese plastic. It did not impress my boss or his wife. So much for being promoted at the end of year.

yocum137

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yocum137

Came for a Sharknado reference. Left disappointed.

inthelead

quality posts: 7 Private Messages inthelead

I'm not a fan.

bruce57

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bruce57
KingAdrock wrote:It's just a fancy name Vornado came up with for their fans.

Although despite the somewhat pompous name, they aren't your average fan. Vornados are quiet and blow a surprising amount of air because they are ducted fans.

I believe he was referencing the typographical error — which no one at Woot has fixed, because that's how you spell "circulator" at wood, er, toot, er, woot.

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser

The tower fan has a good review here: http://tower-fan-review.toptenreviews.com/vornado-tower-circulator-review.html

Seriously thinking about it.

ceagee

quality posts: 66 Private Messages ceagee
mburns425 wrote:I've actually got 2 of the 184 Vornado fans - and they're really great.

-- First one I bought got tipped over by a CAT (weighing about 7 pounds) ((which gives you an idea as to how stable this is, if a small cat can tip it over)

Am a little confused. Neither of these is a "184". What is the difference ?
I was thinking of this tower, but I have cats and one weighs a lot more than 7lbs He is not overweight, just very tall and big boned. ;-)
Although fans freak him out so he wouldn't go near it. But if it is really wobbly, would a game of zoom tag through the room cause it to tip ?

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn
dwilkins wrote:What's an "Air Ciruclator"?

An air circulator is to a fan as hydration is to water.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn

I just found this ugly green 1953 GE fan (wall mountable!) in the garage of an inherited house. Blows like crazy but has just a wire cage with 2" spaces between the wires. Definitely not for a house with cats or kids. But seen in every old 50's sci-fi flick in a lab or military base setting.

I guess some new stuff IS better than old stuff!

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

Hoser768

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Hoser768
radi0j0hn wrote:I just found this ugly green 1953 GE fan (wall mountable!) in the garage of an inherited house.

I guess some new stuff IS better than old stuff!

I could almost guarantee these Vornados won't still be going in 2073.

Listen to me now, or hear me say "I told you so" later.

rjquillin

quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin

All the Vornado's I've owned absolutely rock, and I've got 3-630B's, a 615L and a V* Flippi. All still work, the first was purchased July of '09. This 753 is from a series rated for larger rooms than most of the 600 series units and has blades over 2-inches larger in diameter. Ahh, the good-old-days; the 630's were only $30 and not $60 like this one. Sigh.

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin

Gurrr, slow woot servers; double post removed.

CT

tmb931

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tmb931

I have the tower fan shown in the picture. It's very good. Moves a lot of air. 4 speeds. Remote. Time for auto shut off. Would buy again.

gildorthemad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gildorthemad

I don't have either of these fans, but I have a 733b, which is a suped up version of the shorter one being sold here. People talk about how quiet they can be while they move air, but you don't buy a vornado because you want a quiet fan. You buy them because they cycle faster and move a lot more air than their competitors. I don't even know why they bother putting any setting other than high on fans like this, but if this model is anything like the bigger one I have at home, you can use it to create an AWFUL big sheet fort, probably at least two queen size sheets. Mine will do 4. But, on that setting they are awfully loud, if that matters for you. Personally, I find it easier to sleep with some noise than I do when I am basting in my own sweat.

scipio1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scipio1
photobobk wrote:Didn't see it in Costco's 7/11 - 8/14 sale mailing either.

I can confirm the round model 753 is at Costco for $20 cheaper. Bye bye woot.

Razup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Razup

According to the website, Costco's $39.99 fan is the model 530, not the 753 for sale here. And the 733 is selling for $84.99

Maybe it's different in the store, but I don't know.

scipio1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scipio1
Razup wrote:According to the website, Costco's $39.99 fan is the model 530, not the 753 for sale here. And the 733 is selling for $84.99

Maybe it's different in the store, but I don't know.

Just fished the box out of recycling and the model number is 633. Slightly less powerful, but not by much.

Gailyn

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Gailyn

I love my Vornado fans! They work well, fairly quiet & MOVE TONS of air! Can't go wrong with these...