WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Despite being by far the best artist at all of Woot (proof here and here), I didn't enter a shirt in the Employee Designed Tee Contest. Just leveling the playing field, I guess.

But anyway, I'm not here to talk about how awesome I am. I'm here to provide this...

UNBIASED UPDATE ON THE EMPLOYEE DESIGNED TEE CONTEST!

After 17 hours, the TOP 3 shirts are…

1. "Hello Snikty"(submitted by Garrett, who's a designer, so that's kind of cheating.)
  2. "Wait for it" (submitted by Lance.)
  3. "Cats!" (submitted by Ariela, another designer. C'mon, you guys. It's lame if we let the actual designers win.)

Close behind in 4th place, we've got "Ass," which I only mention because it's not every day that I'm allowed to say "ass" the blog without repercussions. Ass, ass, ass! It feels good, you guys. One sale behind "Ass," rounding out the top 5 is "Poe Poe," and after that it really doesn't matter to me.

An early front runner for the unofficial Shameless Self Promotion Award goes to Jason Toon for his shirt "Dandy Xing." Jason has taken to Twitter and Facebook to promote his design, and all that effort has earned him sole possession of the 11th place slot! Good work, Jason!

That's it for now, but keep your eye on the blog for more exciting updates!

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I demand a recount!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

"Legen" is pretty slick.

XD

And as much as I love my favorite woot people, I'm still partial to "Never Read the Comments" for some odd reason. Probably because that's the advice that I've heard from every actor EVER. "Oh! Mr. Goodbar!. DON'T READ THE REVIEWS. IT'S WHY WE'RE ALL STILL SANE, AND OTHER ACTORS ARE NO LONGER IN ACTING."

arismella

quality posts: 16 Private Messages arismella

"UNBIASED UPDATE" my ass (the shirt). It appears you've been indulging in the haterade, SEAN. X-(

Please note, everyone, this "unbiased update" was written by the same Sean Adams who is listed as FIRST SUCKER for Matthew's Ike shirt. Unbiased???

arismella

PS -- I've never seen that Disturbing write-up, but that is pretty good. Thumbs up.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

arismella wrote:"UNBIASED UPDATE" my ass (the shirt). It appears you've been indulging in the haterade, SEAN. X-(

Please note, everyone, this "unbiased update" was written by the same Sean Adams who is listed as FIRST SUCKER for Matthew's Ike shirt. Unbiased???

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
Despite being by far the best artist at all of Woot (proof here and here), I didn't enter a shirt in the Employee Designed Tee Contest. Just leveling the playing field, I guess.

I was a little disappointed not to get a Sean University crest on a t-shirt. >_>

Y'know. Being an alumn and all.

lichme

quality posts: 3191 Private Messages lichme

Dear woot staff, if you vote for my derby shirt, I will buy yours.

(Just kidding). Great designs, some really good talent woot has.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

ceagee

quality posts: 66 Private Messages ceagee

I want to see some hard numbers. I want an update.Please.
I need to know who's willing to pay the most for my purchase !!

ceagee

quality posts: 66 Private Messages ceagee

Dear woot! employee T-shirt contestants,

I am very surprised and somewhat disappointed at how un-wootlike this contest has been (so far anyways). To quote @chopwood from woot-libs: " Your Woot is weak,old man!" Are you guys so deluded that you think your artwork can stand on its own? Hello. That's why the designers are the ones in the lead. Not only that, it is painfully obvious the rest of you do NOT work in marketing.
Where are the shameless ploys ? Are they relegated to FB and Twitter by JT, where many wootizens do not hang?

Maybe you are now thinking : Ok ceagee, if you so smart, just what should we be doing ? How can we win a a date w/ Joel ? Or better yet, that nice trophy or framed print ?

Free unsolicited advice. ( If you get disqualified or fired you can always use the "customer is always right" ploy. BTW- Good luck with that.)

1.. Only one, uno, ein contest member has tried to woo the Deals crowd. That in itself is insulting to the Power of The Black Triangles. Kudos to @wootfast for recognizing the untapped resources waiting there. Want more shirt sold? Appeal to the almighty Triangles.

2. Inside scoop. Although several posted on the actual contest thread. Only one, uno, ein bothered to explain the creative spark behind her design. All hail @ThunderThighs for that move. I am amazed that some of the "artists" , and I use that term loosely, didn't post anything. Not even a humble, yet sincere,"hello, I hope you like my shirt." They should lose at least 5 votes for that blunder.

3. Infiltration. I have seen absolutely no infiltration on the rest of the site. You don't have to disrupt a deal and go off topic. @arismella only has to go the Home's Plus' Cat Stuffs and pick a product that she likes to talk about and throw in how great it would be to get a cat shirt ( with link of course ) to go with the cat items. It's not rocket science. @ThunderThighs could explore the tech phone related deals. Or the futons -- "when your wookie friend drinks too much Romulan ale and needs to spend the night." ( Yes, yes, I mixed Star Trek and Star Wars see#4 ). "Goat Goat Goat" ? The Roomba. "Goats sure keep the grass down w/o mowin' like Roomba keeps your floors aglowin' " Jason's Dandy-Xing shirt obviously should be promoted over at Accessories' King's underwear. Yes, yes so could "Ass". A little too obvious for my taste. Better to start a discussion about the Zonkey. As said, no need to get in trouble w/ the boss --talk up the product and throw in the perfect t -shirt to go with those nice boxers. Sell more of both. Plus, I bet you will have more wooters checking out products to see who connected what to what shirt and boost some sales that way too.
Win-win-win situation.
Besides promoting products and shirts, post on the polls and discussions. Like candy from a baby you could twist the subject and have it relate to your shirt. @skemmis has a built in audience at sellout SD polls w/ his cow. Better yet, start your own thread on some topic you can relate to your shirt. ( See previously given Zonkey idea or try "Are tribbles related to wookies?") It's not brain surgery. It's simple deception and manipulation,um, er, I mean marketing.

4. Controversy sells. If I were @Thunderthighs, I would post on one of the aforementioned threads( or start one) and throw in "greedo shot first" Everyone will be all over you like a duck on a junebug. We all know Han shot first. But who cares ? Controversy will get you more wootizens involved and more buyers. Especially when you bring it back around and say " Well the wookie was there and ..... yes Han did shoot first" viola ! that's now 2 links to your shirt on one thread. Plus, now you have everyone thinking about Star Wars. Cha-ching!

5. Ancillary Value. Make your shirt a more interesting purchase w/ add-on value. Dennis' "poe poe" shirt looks very Peter Max circa "Yellow Submarine". Too bad it's on white, not yellow. Or is it ? With a white shirt wootizens can tie dye it and bring out the whole psychedelic ambiance of the YS/Max influence. AND have a fun art project too. Get the kids involved. You printed it on white for just that reason ! *wink wink*
Be creative. I bet everyone could come up with something along those lines.

6. Bribery. Ask a popular T-shirt Woot poster to pitch for you. As you know, it doesn't take much to make us wootizens happy. We will do anything for a stale stick of gum, or even a promise of a shout out in your winning acceptance speech. Be the first to ask @narfcake-- who probably owns the most shirts and is well respected for his t-shirt savvy--to post on your behalf : "Yes siree bob ! That {insert your name here} has the best darned design ever. Yes siree bob they do ! "

Ok. I've given away enough. Way too much. Private consultations available. Maybe. I'm under the weather, hence the time to write this, and I've got a movie from Netflix sitting here waiting.

TL;DR : You need to up your game. This contest is way too tame, which makes it kinda Raisinets.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Good advice and thanks! I posted on Deals.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

alanhwoot

quality posts: 40 Private Messages alanhwoot

Just got today's e-mail. SOMEONE is trying to run up their sales....

arismella

If this doesn't help my cause, NOTHING WILL.

Cats? Cats!

And that is what we call a true creative MEWS. (Oh man, I can't believe how solid that pun is.)

Slydon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

arismella wrote:And that is what we call a true creative MEWS. (Oh man, I can't believe how solid that pun is.)

slow clap

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

lancej83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lancej83

I'm just super excited to be able to have a shirt on Woot! My wife and I have been buying shirts from Woot! for a long time, so win or lose this event is really fun for me