doughboy65

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doughboy65

I've got the double. It came with hooks that are pretty poor quality, one of them bent with "light abuse", two kids in the hammock. I replaced the hooks with steel caribiners (from Amazon) rated for heavy weight.

trilete

quality posts: 3 Private Messages trilete

If you want a real hammock tent, try Hennessy Hammocks. I have had one for years and love it. They cost a bit more than $20 - but you get what you pay for. A $20 hammock is guaranteed to last until it ships to you, and that's about it.

Spyrus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Spyrus
TavisB wrote:At 6', would I be too tall for the netted version? I've been searching online and can't seem to find an answer.

I have the netted version and I am 5'10". I fit in it with room to spare. I usually throw a sleeping pad in there and then I can still throw my shoes past my feet with room to spare so I think it could handle up to about 6'5"

sluttylimeade

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sluttylimeade

All these comments about the "double" model not being able to handle the weight of two people.

A double bed isn't meant for two people, either...

jmk06d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmk06d

Thanks for the response 3sunsets and doughboy! I think I will go with a double this time around.

glenasmith

quality posts: 5 Private Messages glenasmith
Yoooder wrote:
but will say hammock camping is bomb compared to taking a tent. No need for flat ground, just have to find trees that are within the right distance.

I'm sure everyone knows this, but make sure that you try it out at home before relying on a hammock for your only sleep location. I strung up the hammock when we went camping over July 4th thinking it would be cooler than inside the tent. It was, but I just could not get to sleep in the hammock. At about 1:30am, I threw in the towel and went into the tent to sleep on top of the sleeping bag.

It may have been improperly suspended, or a matter of finding the right position, but I was in no mood to dink with it any more at that hour.

To be fair, there were also a few mosquitoes and I did not have the netted version.

Glen

coltmacbraid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coltmacbraid
ROGETRAY wrote:I've ticketed the problem and it should hopefully be back online shortly.

Thank you guys for catching the issue.

I purchased one the last time they were offered. As for the •Marine-grade tie down line is included with threaded quick links, the metal hooks/threaded quick links/carribiners(sp)on mine where missing. Would I be able to have those sent to me and how would I go about that or am I just out of luck and have to go purchase them at a hardware store? Thanks

maxmouse2008

quality posts: 1 Private Messages maxmouse2008

Can I use slap straps or Atlus straps with these hammocks?

coltmacbraid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coltmacbraid
coltmacbraid wrote:I purchased one the last time they were offered. As for the •Marine-grade tie down line is included with threaded quick links, the metal hooks/threaded quick links/carribiners(sp)on mine where missing. Would I be able to have those sent to me and how would I go about that or am I just out of luck and have to go purchase them at a hardware store? Thanks

As per the video shown, it appears I also recieved no ropes..

chips437

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chips437
andoriah wrote:What do you hang the hammock on? Do you have to find 2 trees that are just the right distance apart and strong enough to bear the weight? I've always sort of wondered...

i actually keep a hammock like this in my truck. what i usually do is find a tree, park about 15~20 feet away and hang it using ratchet straps. the trick is getting the strap to stay on the tree if there is no available branch. takes me about 3 minutes to set up.

joshbut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshbut

I bought one awhile back. Still in good condition after being kept outside all the time..

WLAURENT

quality posts: 7 Private Messages WLAURENT

In Alaska these are called Saccus prandium nam ursus.

moles1138

quality posts: 9 Private Messages moles1138
andoriah wrote:What do you hang the hammock on? Do you have to find 2 trees that are just the right distance apart and strong enough to bear the weight? I've always sort of wondered...

Would Skyhooks work?

drau92mk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drau92mk

Trees sold separately.

zhinka

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zhinka

I usually hang them while I am on alcohol. If you mean what type of surface should the hammock be hung, you can sink two treated posts into the ground and use those.

If you Don't Rescue, DON'T BREED!

yukonoutfitters

quality posts: 5 Private Messages yukonoutfitters
jmk06d wrote:Could someone tell me if the Double Hammock comes with hooks or carabiners? I bought the netted hammock last time it was available and it came with ropes and metal hooks is that so for the double?

Hi There... these come with threaded quick links for attaching the hammock to the straps or rigging system of your choice.

Thanks!

cambill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cambill

Anyone know if the mosquito net is fully removable?

yukonoutfitters

quality posts: 5 Private Messages yukonoutfitters
cambill wrote:Anyone know if the mosquito net is fully removable?

Yes the net is fully removable.

Cantras

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cantras

I've gone around measuring trees on my property because I know I'm too lazy to put up posts. I have trees that are about 8-9 feet from eachother, and I have trees that are 13-14 feet from eachother. Would the netted one work for either of those?

I know it says 8'9" but I don't know what that translates to for minimum/maximum tree distance.

youmansk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages youmansk
beachrights wrote:Bought one the last time these came up- good quality and comfortable. They do stretch so adjustments need to be made. As for weight- have had 2 adults in it no issues- no hanky panky is advisable though!

We had two good sized adults in mine this weekend. (non netted) I made custom whoopie slings for it and the whole rig held very well.

cambill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cambill
yukonoutfitters wrote:Yes the net is fully removable.

so you can take it all the way off and pack it away somewhere until you neeed it?

MuddyG

quality posts: 9 Private Messages MuddyG
3sunsets wrote:I bought the double last time it was offered and it came with carabiners but no ropes...

I bought the double last time and it came without hooks, carabiners, or ropes... What's up with this, Woot?

Filth. Flarn. Filth.

astondb4gtz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages astondb4gtz
youmansk wrote:We had two good sized adults in mine this weekend. (non netted) I made custom whoopie slings for it and the whole rig held very well.

Is that a special rig for doing it in a hammock? Interesting...

2006-2012: 7 Burgandy Olfactory Center#39;s and lotsa other crappy stuff

gmpparrish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gmpparrish

Is it comfortable??

jeramypappas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeramypappas

I have an Eno double that I paid a ton more for and am quite jealous. I'm making my girlfriend buy one, though.

For new hammockers, I'll say a good suspension system will make your hammocking much, much better. Since Yukon doesn't offer anything, recommend Eno's slap straps and, if you're a bigger person (as I am) nab their Atlas strap system. It makes put up and tear down a breeze.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

MuddyG wrote:I bought the double last time and it came without hooks, carabiners, or ropes... What's up with this, Woot?

if it came without something that was supposed to be included, please email our customer service team at Support@Woot.com.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

crackymcrock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crackymcrock
Skeyelab wrote:yes. you also should buy something like an Atlas hammock suspension system that makes it very easy. I don't think they will allow me to post a link here.

Thanks for the recommendation on the Atlas straps.

boo-yah

iGGz

quality posts: 7 Private Messages iGGz
lichme wrote:Great reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) on the Double Hammock over at amazon

If I buy this, will you sleep in it with me, lichme?

i am woot's god.

You're the giant Ken Jennings head? HOW DID YOU GET OUT?

jescott42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jescott42
sluttylimeade wrote:All these comments about the "double" model not being able to handle the weight of two people.

A double bed isn't meant for two people, either...

I keep seeing these comments about it not really being for two people...
So why does the description state: Oversized for enjoying cool summer nights with a friend

ObsessiveCompulsive

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ObsessiveCompulsive
yukonoutfitters wrote:Yes the net is fully removable.

Our manufacturer friend was up all night and didn't explain the way he intended. You can unzip the mosquito net to an extent that you can lay on the hammock without the net covering you however it is not fully removable.

catchawave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catchawave

Great find! Already own one and has lasted me years, definitely jumping on this.

whoofit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whoofit
ObsessiveCompulsive wrote:Our manufacturer friend was up all night and didn't explain the way he intended. You can unzip the mosquito net to an extent that you can lay on the hammock without the net covering you however it is not fully removable.

Naw, you flip it over and sleep on the non-netted side.

susanrm

quality posts: 15 Private Messages susanrm

I ended up with two of the bugnet version after the last sale (long story). Set one up the other night and had a great night's sleep. You do need to protect your underside from mosquitos, and I had a hard time getting to the diagonal sleep position, but I slept well nonetheless. Nothing like a hammock! Haven't slept in it more than one night due to rain. :-/ Next up, Woot, please: hammock tarps!

*Honest 200 Member* Sept. 2012 x2

rroberto

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rroberto

I bought a military surplus one many many years ago - canvas hammock with netting and a nylon roof. Vietnam style (supposedly). Fun to have but no fun to sleep in because you could not turn diagonal... but I digress.. I had no trees suitable so I got 2 sections of square steel tube, 2 feet long each, sized to fit over a 4x4 post and cemented them in the yard on either side of a patio that was there. The 4x4 PT posts (10 footers) slipped in and viola... hammock hanging location. I used eye bolts with "dog" chain for suspension...each link of chain is an adjustment point, and it's definately going to last outside.
I had to add a cross piece of wood to each to hold up the netting, but a 2x2 worked fine.

It's been almost 20 years and the posts are still standing, the eye bolts are in great shape and the chain is solid, albeit rusty.

I set the steel flush with the ground so if I wanted in the future to remove the posts and not put something in I could still mow the lawn over them.

If not for the hellacious mosquitos at my new house I'd have done the same thing here when we moved..(probabily would have taken the 4x4s with me too..)

jessesox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessesox

Hey woot!! When is it going to ship, I needed it for a backpacking trip that's in only 5 days. Is there anyway to change the priority of my shipping after the purchase?

PemberDucky

Staff

jessesox wrote:Hey woot!! When is it going to ship, I needed it for a backpacking trip that's in only 5 days. Is there anyway to change the priority of my shipping after the purchase?

i'm afraid there's no way to modify the priority of the shipping post-purchase.
it can take up to 5 business days for your order to process & ship (usually less).

it appears that tomorrow would be the 5th business day, if i'm looking at my calendar correctly.
it's possible (likely, in fact) that this item was drop-shipped by a vendor, has already shipped, and we're just waiting for said vendor to update their tracking info.

i suggest emailing Support@Woot.com for complete order details. as a lowly moderator, i don't have that specific info.

cdewmart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdewmart
3sunsets wrote:I bought the double last time it was offered and it came with carabiners but no ropes...

my doubble came with ropes and carabiners

cdewmart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdewmart

will you be getting any more one person hammoks in stock?

PemberDucky

Staff

cdewmart wrote:will you be getting any more one person hammoks in stock?

keep an eye on our sales! we run hammock sales quite often. i'm afraid Woot's wacky, spontaneous nature means we can't broadcast specific dates for a sale.

it's one of our tactics for forcing you to come back and spend time with us.

wittangamo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wittangamo

Just in case these come back on sale and anyone is on the fence, I've had a very positive experience with Yukon Outfitters. I got the one with the netting. A test hang in the back yard gave me confidence to try my first hammock camping trip. Had to set up in the dark, and the instructions weren't clear on how high to hang the separate support line for the netting. I guessed (wrongly) that it needed to go higher than the hammock line to keep the netting off my face. The hammock naturally sagged, putting too much stress on the tabs holding the netting, and they ripped. My fault, right? An e-mail to Yukon Outfitters drew a responses withing MINUTES offering me a new hammock if I'd send the old one back so their quality control folks could check it out and try to improve the design. I was pleasantly surprised, and the replacement is everything I could hope for. Compared to hammocks costing 2-3 times as much, this is a Woot! of a deal.