xerobull

quality posts: 4 Private Messages xerobull

I own an XV-11 with allergy add-on. Absolutely love it. I have a wife, 7-year old boy and two dogs. It's amazing how much it picks up every day, month after month.

My wife's hair gets wrapped around the brush, and every month or so I need to remove the brush and cut the hair out. Brush removal is super simple and tool-less.

Great purchase, entirely worth the cost.

gleemer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gleemer

My XV11 was great for about 9 months, but now won't run because of vision errors. All my Roombas were fixed with either a new battery or a targeted cleaning, but nothing helps the Neato: clean it, reset, battery pull, blow compressed air at the sensors, discharge/recharge, firmware upgrade, move to different rooms, etc...
Replacement is on the way as I write this.

Slim2007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Slim2007

Question: How well does this clean thick shag carpets? Are Roombas any better at cleaning thick carpets?

skail

quality posts: 1 Private Messages skail
oscargrum wrote:Most of these comments seem to center on dust and animal hair. Anyone have any experience with larger items? My bunnies seem to delight in chucking their hay out of their cages and onto the floor. I would love to have a system to keep the floors clean, but would this machine handle a volume of hay/straw without choking?

I haven't tried, but if the straw is reasonably firm, I doubt it. For one thing, the collection bin is fairly small. For another, the passage into the collection bin is even smaller - probably about the size of your standard white-out bottle (I'm at the office and that's the only thing I can think of for a size comparison). If the straw is firm, and if the brush can't break it up, you're looking at either a clog or the vacuum just passing right over it.

Buckets of Chum acquired on: 18JUN2013, 22AUG2013, 17FEB2014... and always seeking more!

johnstuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnstuff

After price watching these things for years I finally bought an XV11 w pet & allergy upgrade from wal-mart a couple months ago. I absolutely love this thing! I did also purchase the 3 year wal-mart warranty though just in case...that would be my one hesitation about buying from woot. Great product though!

johnstuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnstuff
Slim2007 wrote:Question: How well does this clean thick shag carpets? Are Roombas any better at cleaning thick carpets?

It cleans our thick carpets very well. It does slow the little guy down quite a bit though - so it can get much more floor done than carpet in an amount of time.

musclebai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages musclebai

I have had one of these for about 6+ months.It is a bang for the buck.does a pretty good job mapping rooms and has substantial suction power.you may be able to pick it up on ebay for 30 bucks cheaper(brand new in box) with full warranty though

pevensen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pevensen

It sounds like the XV-21 does have some engineering improvements (and maybe some firmware improvements as well) over the XV-11. That makes me hesitant to get the XV-11 from Walmart.

Someone said they got theirs from Woot with an extended warrantee. Does Woot provide an extended warantee? Or does one have to go through SquareTrade? (please bear with the newbie question)

What do you all think about price-matching (Amazon/Walmart) at BestBuy and going with their extended warrantee vs Walmarts?

larunge71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages larunge71

We bought this model earlier this spring and really like it. That's not to say we haven't had problems. We are on our 4th "Neat Nick". One worked fine then started going in circles. One developed a sensor problem and kept asking us to clear its path when nothing was in the way. The 3rd arrived with damaged optics. In each case, a simple phone call to NeatoRobotics was all it took to get a replacement. Just make sure you register your Neato at Neatorobotics.com Our newest Neato runs like a charm and cleans 2900 square feet on one floor including 3 carpeted br, 3 tiled baths, tiled laundry room and open living-dining-kitchen area which is hardwood with large area rugs. We do have to tuck under the fringe on the rugs to keep Nick from "eating" it but otherwise he does fine transitioning between hardwood and rug/carpet. Nick has to recharge 3-4 times to cover that space and does so without problems. Ordered a 2nd today to use in our lower level exercise-family room area. Just wish Nick could figure out how to vacuum stairs!

arthurklee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arthurklee
johnstuff wrote:It cleans our thick carpets very well. It does slow the little guy down quite a bit though - so it can get much more floor done than carpet in an amount of time.

I had both Roomba and Neato. The Roomba "sweeps" while the Neato vacuums the floor. That said, the Neato kept getting stuck on climbing into the high pile rugs and getting stuck on the fringes of the lower rugs. Other times, it would just go in circles. Needless to say, I returned the Neato and still have the Roomba, with all it's bump and grind issues, its still working after 2 1/2 years.

pbalma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pbalma

Total waste of money. The Roomba seemed to work but the Neato just goes over the same area of the floor every time and does NOT clean well even that subset of floor. Tried talking to support, downloaded new FW, but basically the algorithm it uses to compute it plan of attack gets confused and I have a nice looking boat anchor.

m3rdpwr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages m3rdpwr
shkankin wrote:As a proud owner of a Roomba and a Neato, I can say without a doubt that the Neato is the superior product. That said, I only use the unit twice a week for about an hour at a time and the battery required replacing after 9 months of use. The Roomba, on the other hand is still going strong 3 years in. I was not blown away by Neato Supports "Oh Well" attitude.

I would still recommend this product, but they need to work on the battery lifespan OR at least extend the warranty of it to a year. $50 for 9 months of light use is a rip off.

Mine broke 1 year and one week later.
They replaced it with what looked to be a new one.
After a couple weeks, the battery wasn't holding up. They sent me a new one.

So that's my experience, but their support was very good.

darkchylde13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darkchylde13

Cleans really well, it is honestly as good as most upright vacuums and with the latest firmware update does a pretty good job of getting the corners and edges, still not perfect but nearly as good as a standard upright. It's not very hard to clean the unit, and it empties easily. Our 2 1/2 year old daughter loves to start it and then run off yelling aahh vacuum!, pretending it's "after her". lol She is actually still scared of our upright vacuum so this was our way of getting the vacuuming done while we weren't home, but it turns out she loves it, so now it is her "job" to start the vacuum. All in all we are very happy with our purchase.

rsumrall

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rsumrall
shkankin wrote:As a proud owner of a Roomba and a Neato, I can say without a doubt that the Neato is the superior product. That said, I only use the unit twice a week for about an hour at a time and the battery required replacing after 9 months of use. The Roomba, on the other hand is still going strong 3 years in. I was not blown away by Neato Supports "Oh Well" attitude.

I would still recommend this product, but they need to work on the battery lifespan OR at least extend the warranty of it to a year. $50 for 9 months of light use is a rip off.

I've had my Neato for two years and it runs almost every night. I had an issue with it about nine months after I bought it. Called Neato and told them the problem and they sent me a brand new replacement robot and extended the warranty for a year from the replacement date. Haven't had any problems with battery life. Never seen a better robot vacuum than this one!

k0ugs

quality posts: 6 Private Messages k0ugs

Just buy it, it is a perfect match to the Super Nintendo.

Source: Neato-XV21 Owner since 5/2012

(>.<)\m/

tp91324

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tp91324

This item is a piece of junk. Paid big bucks and lasted for 3 months and still waiting for my refund. I guess that's why it is on Woot.

nutrageous

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nutrageous

You must have a lot of money! if you kept buying Roombas. Mine works fine. One battery replacement, three years.

beastwhite315 wrote:I wish I say good things about Roumba. Own about 8 units and none work. Stopped working anywhere from 1 year to 2 years after purchasing. I suspect some are battery issues, but some just don't work. Save your money and exercise by manual vacuuming.

horselovr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages horselovr
jeremiahj wrote:This entirely (except no battery issues at all for us). Bought one from another site a year ago. I have a mostly hardwood house with rugs and tile elsewhere. This little dude is great. If only it could convert the hair and crap it picks up into gold coins and poop them out as it runs.

If you can figure out how to work that conversion, please share. Between 5 cats and two dogs (the big one sheds worse than my horse), we'd be rich!!!

stephk36

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stephk36

Does anyone know how this works on hardwood floors in terms of how harsh? A stand up vacuum's beater bar scratches hardwood floors, does this do the same? Also, how does it compare to the mint cleaner? Mainly wanting it for hardwood/tile and to help control dog hair. (2 shedding dogs)

ezonebroker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ezonebroker
johnstuff wrote:After price watching these things for years I finally bought an XV11 w pet & allergy upgrade from wal-mart a couple months ago. I absolutely love this thing! I did also purchase the 3 year wal-mart warranty though just in case...that would be my one hesitation about buying from woot. Great product though!

Just add one of those square deal warranties and good to go.

bweb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bweb

Was anyone else's box previously opened? (not new)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bweb wrote:Was anyone else's box previously opened? (not new)

Sorry for the problem. If you don't think you got a new item, email support@woot.com for assistance.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

crypticgeek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crypticgeek

I purchased this and was excited to get it working this weekend. However, the darn thing has some sort of charging or battery issue. Runs a few feet and turns off, even though it indicates a full battery. A system shutdown and reset makes it say it actually has a flatlined battery...charge 16+ hours...same deal. Poor experience out of the box.

Had to call Neato three times trying different things that didn't work and on the last call they tried to send me back to woot!, but I wasn't having it. Their 24/7 US customer support was friendly enough, but I feel like they were missing basic skills (agents never said their names, didn't take or remember my name, didn't open a ticket, didn't know how to properly end a call so I was always like "uh...okay........thanks?....bye?", don't seem very sympathetic...no one seemed to care I had to call multiple times and this was my out of the box experience with their product, and leaves me wondering what kind of training they get).

We'll see how to RMA process goes, but so far I am very unimpressed.

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

crypticgeek wrote:I purchased this and was excited to get it working this weekend. However, the darn thing has some sort of charging or battery issue. Runs a few feet and turns off, even though it indicates a full battery. A system shutdown and reset makes it say it actually has a flatlined battery...charge 16+ hours...same deal. Poor experience out of the box.

Had to call Neato three times trying different things that didn't work and on the last call they tried to send me back to woot!, but I wasn't having it. Their 24/7 US customer support was friendly enough, but I feel like they were missing basic skills (agents never said their names, didn't take or remember my name, didn't open a ticket, didn't know how to properly end a call so I was always like "uh...okay........thanks?....bye?", don't seem very sympathetic...no one seemed to care I had to call multiple times and this was my out of the box experience with their product, and leaves me wondering what kind of training they get).

We'll see how to RMA process goes, but so far I am very unimpressed.

That is a bummer, I'm sorry. I hope you come back and let us know how things turn out.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.