WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Adjustable Beds and Mattresses

You beds think you can just passively lie there like you have all these centuries? Not anymore. This event marks the debut of the myCloud line, the latest of the eager-to-please adjustable beds and Memory Foam mattresses that are bouncing lazy old mattresses out to the alley.



Quality Posts


opack


quality posts: 0 Private Messages opack

Anyone ever hear of these beds and mattresses? I've had a memory foam topper before which lasted about 5 years, and I don't want to drop money, get rid of my awesome bed (Which has been hurting my back lately) only to have it crap out after a year. I can't find anything on the interwebs on this brand

stinawargo


quality posts: 8 Private Messages stinawargo

Quick note: we bought a memory foam mattress from Walmart about 3 years ago, and suddenly discovered that all of our sheets no longer fit. The depth of an average mattress is 8-10". You're going to need extra-deep fitted sheets if you buy a mattress larger than that.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

opack wrote:Anyone ever hear of these beds and mattresses? I've had a memory foam topper before which lasted about 5 years, and I don't want to drop money, get rid of my awesome bed (Which has been hurting my back lately) only to have it crap out after a year. I can't find anything on the interwebs on this brand


These are new items from myCloud. We are the first to sell them!



FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

manx


quality posts: 0 Private Messages manx
ThunderThighs wrote:These are new items from myCloud. We are the first to sell them!



Interested but cannot buy on a hunch is there any literature on this mattress

apiskur


quality posts: 0 Private Messages apiskur

Quick question. 10-15 years Woot! warranty!?

EDIT: Allow me to elaborate. How can Woot! warranty somebody else's product for that length of time? Is it simply a replace-once type of warranty? Or will the manufacturer repair the bed? (can they repair it?) This just seems fishy to me.

manx


quality posts: 0 Private Messages manx
manx wrote:Interested but cannot buy on a hunch is there any literature on this mattress



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idip0CquKoY

felloweskimo


quality posts: 3 Private Messages felloweskimo

If I buy one of these and hate it... How the heck do I return it?!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

apiskur wrote:Quick question. 10-15 years Woot! warranty!?

EDIT: Allow me to elaborate. How can Woot! warranty somebody else's product for that length of time? Is it simply a replace-once type of warranty? Or will the manufacturer repair the bed? (can they repair it?) This just seems fishy to me.


We have to do that when the manufacturer asks not to be identified. This is because they're cutting us a great deal and their other retail outlets get a bit upset if they find out. Think of it like "Famous Maker".



FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

felloweskimo wrote:If I buy one of these and hate it... How the heck do I return it?!

Uhm... you don't. Here's this from the FAQ:

Will I receive customer support like I'm used to?
Not quite. If you buy something you don't end up liking or you have what marketing people call "buyer's remorse," sell it on Craigslist or at a garage sale. It's likely you'll make money doing this and save everyone a hassle. If the item doesn't work, first, find out what you're doing wrong. Yes, we know you think the item is bad, but it's probably your fault. Google your problem, or come back to that product discussion in our community and ask other people if they know. Try to call the manufacturer and ask if they know. If you give up and must return it to us, then follow on to the next FAQ entry.



FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

CowboyDann


quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
ThunderThighs wrote:Uhm... you don't. Here's this from the FAQ:

Will I receive customer support like I'm used to?
Not quite. If you buy something you don't end up liking or you have what marketing people call "buyer's remorse," sell it on Craigslist or at a garage sale. It's likely you'll make money doing this and save everyone a hassle. If the item doesn't work, first, find out what you're doing wrong. Yes, we know you think the item is bad, but it's probably your fault. Google your problem, or come back to that product discussion in our community and ask other people if they know. Try to call the manufacturer and ask if they know. If you give up and must return it to us, then follow on to the next FAQ entry.



That's all part of the woot fun!

expickwickmoose


quality posts: 1 Private Messages expickwickmoose

Having never owned a memory foam mattress, is 3lb density that bad? Reviews online say it's not ideal, but for $350 it's not enough to make it not worth it, right?

seidal5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages seidal5
expickwickmoose wrote:Having never owned a memory foam mattress, is 3lb density that bad? Reviews online say it's not ideal, but for $350 it's not enough to make it not worth it, right?



Hello Woot Community! I am with the manufacturer of the myCloud product and want to help answer your questions. Not to worry, as far as 3lb density goes:

“Many people generally assume that the "best memory foam" would be the most expensive and the most dense foam. But this is not the case. The best memory foam is the most comfortable memory foam and the density of the most comfortable memory foams are in the middle to high range, from 3 lb to 5 lb.”

http://www.ebay.com/gds/Memory-Foam-Guide-A-Buyer-apos-s-Guide-to-Memory-Foam/10000000009395106/g.html

This is a fantastic product, so fantastic that we offer a 10 year warranty with it!

seidal5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages seidal5
manx wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idip0CquKoY



I am with the manufacturer of the myCloud adjustable bed, and want to offer our Woot community a myCloud-specific video that showcases the ease of assembly and quality of the product. Check it out here:



[MOD: Embedded video]

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

seidal5 wrote:I am with the manufacturer of the myCloud adjustable bed, and want to offer our Woot community a myCloud-specific video that showcases the ease of assembly and quality of the product. ...



Welcome and thanks for joining us!



FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

skispeakeasy


quality posts: 31 Private Messages skispeakeasy

Anyone out there with a memory foam mattress know if there is there any noticeable difference between a 14" king and an 11" king?


Done and done! ;)

ItsBob2112


quality posts: 6 Private Messages ItsBob2112

Thank you all for the info so far. I am in need of a Queen mattress for a guest room. I'm not in a big rush but, I do think that I want a memory foam one. I don't know what to ask so I'll keep watching this discussion. Thanks again!

Wooter to blame for sellout: ItsBob2112

traquy


quality posts: 51 Private Messages traquy

I don't have input on this brand exactly, but adjustable beds in general. My Mom has severe arthritis and has had a hip replacement so sleep is often difficult for her. Just before she got the hip replaced she used inheritance money to buy a nice memory foam queen size adjustable bed and she says it's changed her life. Being able to lay down and click a button and be in a "zero gravity" position with her legs up and all pressure off her back/hip has made a HUGE difference in her activity level. An hour of that and she is good to go for the rest of the afternoon. I tried it out too and it was WONDERFUL. She can sit up and watch TV comfortably. I joke with her that the bed is her significant other..."Mom, are you going to spend the evening with Javier?".

I would love an adjustable bed, alas no $$ right now.

ETA: I do know she spent significantly more on her bed than this through her local furniture store.

EricPost


quality posts: 3 Private Messages EricPost
ThunderThighs wrote:Uhm... you don't. Here's this from the FAQ:

If the item doesn't work, first, find out what you're doing wrong. Yes, we know you think the item is bad, but it's probably your fault.



Wow that is the absolute WORST customer service statement I have ever read. No thanks. I will definitely makes sure everyone knows how bad WOOT is and how little they think of their customers.

doyadomari


quality posts: 0 Private Messages doyadomari

Not that I don't trust a "Made in China" tag but...

Since a Polyurethane foam mattress is highly flammable, are the electronic motors and switch UL (Underwriters Laboratories) approved?

What is the height clearance (floor to the bottom of the unit?)

Grizz88


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Grizz88

seidal5

Thanks for the info.

I am looking at the Cal King. Will this fit inside a sleigh bed frame?

Thanks again

CrystalSinger


quality posts: 7 Private Messages CrystalSinger
EricPost wrote:Wow that is the absolute WORST customer service statement I have ever read. No thanks. I will definitely makes sure everyone knows how bad WOOT is and how little they think of their customers.



Read through the entire thing. While the rules are for real, most of this document is written tongue in cheek, like most of the rest of the documentation on the woot site. It's their style. If you've been around here for awhile, you should recognise that.

T

wesmiao


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wesmiao

3 lb memory foam... I'm out. The guy who works for Icloud is full of it. 3-5 lbs is high quality... um first of all anything less than 3 lb memory foam is like sitting on a cheap sofa from Walmart. Not appropriate for a bed... or unless you weight 50 lbs. I would say it needs to be at least 4 lb or more. Tempurpedic is 5 lb memory foam just for reference. You get what you pay for here, not a deal at all.

hasopt


quality posts: 3 Private Messages hasopt

How would you describe the firmness of the memory foam mattresses, specifically, the gel-topped queen mattress?

hasopt


quality posts: 3 Private Messages hasopt
wesmiao wrote:3 lb memory foam... I'm out. The guy who works for Icloud is full of it. 3-5 lbs is high quality... um first of all anything less than 3 lb memory foam is like sitting on a cheap sofa from Walmart. Not appropriate for a bed... or unless you weight 50 lbs. I would say it needs to be at least 4 lb or more. Tempurpedic is 5 lb memory foam just for reference. You get what you pay for here, not a deal at all.



Not necessarily: sleeplikethedead

AVspec


quality posts: 5 Private Messages AVspec

Thinking about one of the Queen mattress but not sure what the difference is between the myCloud BD1050 10'' Memory Foam Mattress - Queen and the 12" Gel Memory Foam Mattress - Queen which is thicker but cheaper?

Queen Dimensions: W 60" x D 80" x H 10"
Foam Density:
3" Eco Conscious Memory Foam ~ 3.4 Pound Density
7" High Density Poly Foam Support Base ~ 2 Pound Density


Queen: 79.5" x 59" x 12"
Top Mattress Layer: 3" Open Cell Memory Foam
Middle Mattress Layer: 2" Air Channel Foam
Bottom Mattress Layer: 7" Supportive Base Foam

keithrabideau


quality posts: 0 Private Messages keithrabideau

Are these mattresses something that you put right on your bed frame? Can you set it on top of a box spring for added height?

yoggs


quality posts: 0 Private Messages yoggs



Hard to tell, but does the bottom or foot of the bed also adjust?

cruzinstephie


quality posts: 1 Private Messages cruzinstephie

Question for manufacturer:

If I already have a king size adjustable bed that is split and takes twinXL sheets, can I buy two of these to replace my mattresses: http://www.woot.com/offers/mycloud-10-memory-foam-mattress-twin-xl

Also, are your mattresses flippable? That's my problem now. My bed is only 5 years old and the mattresses are like hammocks at this point. (They are memory foam, but are designed to be flipped.)

TIA...

cousineaud


quality posts: 38 Private Messages cousineaud

I am with the manufacturer of the foam mattresses. Please note that foam density is not always the best measure of the quality of memory foam. In fact, more dense foam can trap heat and lead to a less comfortable sleep. High end products (which these are) use high end memory foam. This foam is open celled and performs better than more dense foams in terms of support and longevity.

I hope this helps.


wesmiao wrote:3 lb memory foam... I'm out. The guy who works for Icloud is full of it. 3-5 lbs is high quality... um first of all anything less than 3 lb memory foam is like sitting on a cheap sofa from Walmart. Not appropriate for a bed... or unless you weight 50 lbs. I would say it needs to be at least 4 lb or more. Tempurpedic is 5 lb memory foam just for reference. You get what you pay for here, not a deal at all.



spud612


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spud612

I've held off on a memory foam bed because many that have had them agree that they are overly hot to sleep in. What does this mattress do to alleviate the issues of memory foam mattresses, in general, being too warm?

keithrabideau


quality posts: 0 Private Messages keithrabideau
spud612 wrote:I've held off on a memory foam bed because many that have had them agree that they are overly hot to sleep in. What does this mattress do to alleviate the issues of memory foam mattresses, in general, being too warm?



It's my understanding that it helps a lot to get one of the mattresses that includes some gel. The gel at the top of the memory foam helps keep you cooler that a memory foam without the gel.

keunc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages keunc
wesmiao wrote:3 lb memory foam... I'm out. The guy who works for Icloud is full of it. 3-5 lbs is high quality... um first of all anything less than 3 lb memory foam is like sitting on a cheap sofa from Walmart. Not appropriate for a bed... or unless you weight 50 lbs. I would say it needs to be at least 4 lb or more. Tempurpedic is 5 lb memory foam just for reference. You get what you pay for here, not a deal at all.


Not true at all. Most sofas today use 1.8 pound foam in their seats, certainly NOT 3 pound product. What you see at Walmart is more likely 1.4 or 1.6 pound density foam. Heavier foams are certainly more expensive, but that does NOT make them more reliable and certainly not more comfortable. 4 and 5 pound foams and can also sleep much hotter as well. For me, I will choose a 3 pound memory foam mattress over a 4-5 pound version for sure - it holds up really well, and certainly I prefer the comfort.

seidal5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages seidal5
doyadomari wrote:Not that I don't trust a "Made in China" tag but...

Since a Polyurethane foam mattress is highly flammable, are the electronic motors and switch UL (Underwriters Laboratories) approved?

What is the height clearance (floor to the bottom of the unit?)



Have no fear, manufacturer here!

Our product has an ETL approval, which is simply another very large testing laboratory and is widely accepted, like UL.

A little more reading material on the testing differences:

http://www.crownaudio.com/certifmarks.htm

*And the height clearance between floor and the bottom of the adjustable bed is 10.5".

Hope this helps!

seidal5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages seidal5
keithrabideau wrote:It's my understanding that it helps a lot to get one of the mattresses that includes some gel. The gel at the top of the memory foam helps keep you cooler that a memory foam without the gel.



You're correct, and this product DOES indeed include a layer of gel to keep you cooler!

Sincerely,

Your Friend & myCloud Manufacturer

seidal5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages seidal5
yoggs wrote:Hard to tell, but does the bottom or foot of the bed also adjust?



Our mattress is zero gravity. The foot AND head of the bed may be adjusted to accommodate all comfort needs!

-myCloud Manufacturer Representative

seidal5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages seidal5
Grizz88 wrote:seidal5

Thanks for the info.

I am looking at the Cal King. Will this fit inside a sleigh bed frame?

Thanks again



Yes indeed, it will fit your current sleigh bed!

seidal5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages seidal5
keithrabideau wrote:Are these mattresses something that you put right on your bed frame? Can you set it on top of a box spring for added height?



If you are purchasing just the mattress, you may set it on top of a box spring for additional height or directly on the bed frame.

-Manufacturer for myCloud

seidal5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages seidal5
seidal5 wrote:Have no fear, manufacturer here!

Our product has an ETL approval, which is simply another very large testing laboratory and is widely accepted, like UL.

A little more reading material on the testing differences:

http://www.crownaudio.com/certifmarks.htm

*And the height clearance between floor and the bottom of the adjustable bed is 10.5".

Hope this helps!



To answer your question about the fire standards with more specifics:

By Law Mattresses sold in the United States, and specifically into California have strict fire standards relative to all bedding products. These mattresses all are California 117 compliant and approved. If anyone wants to know how strict these standards are, you may review testing requirements here…


http://www.bhfti.ca.gov/industry/117.pdf

Keep 'em coming, at myCloud we're happy to answer any and all Woot customer questions!

Moledazy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Moledazy

We use a heated mattress pad in the winter. Is that still possible with the gel bed?