WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

14k Gold Earrings

14,000 earrings?!?!??!?!?! What???? Who thought it was a good idea to sell 14,000 of these giant earrings at a time?!?! Oh, wait... k stands for karats - that makes more sense. And apparently they're not giant at all, but mini-sized. End rant. 

galleria2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages galleria2k

What are the gram weights of the various styles of earrings? Thank you.

seekayeff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seekayeff

the 80's called they want their earrings back.

jonni87

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jonni87
seekayeff wrote:the 80's called they want their earrings back.

LOL! You are so right. ...and not a good part of the 80s.

tyler8881

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tyler8881
galleria2k wrote:What are the gram weights of the various styles of earrings? Thank you.

That was my first thought as well, but even the cheapest ones are $26 dollars and ~the size of a dime.. They're likely <1/2 a gram which isn't anywhere close to melt value.

They wouldn't be selling them at a loss for less than gold weight when they could just melt themselves.

ctidwel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctidwel

Just to give everyone a heads up these are just gold electroplated earrings which means they hold no gold value. I work in the Jewelry business and everyday i see people that have been duped by the 14kt claim when they try to sell them to us. just remember if it sounds too good to be true it is!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

just got confirmation from the vendor:
these are 14kt gold.

even though the word "electroplated," is pretty cool, it cannot correctly be used to describe these earrings.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.