quality posts: 2867 Private Messages lichme

Item: Choose Your Own Philips HDTV
Price: $149.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Search Amazon Search Google

jthebird1977

quality posts: 27 Private Messages jthebird1977

When the twitter alert popped up, i thought this was an old fashioned "choose your own adventure" leading to a certain "prize." Well played writers, well played...

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

lichme

quality posts: 2867 Private Messages lichme
mrhookup wrote:What size are they?

There are two 32s and a 40

Reviews for the 32PFL3506-F7 are great with 4 stars

Reviews for 32PFL4907 are also good

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3492 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's look at some additional info and good reviews on the 32PFL490/F7 (4 out of 5 stars) over at philips.com

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3492 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Solid reviews (4 out of 5 stars) on the 32PFL490/F7 over at walmart.com

keili30

quality posts: 1 Private Messages keili30

I've had the the 32" with the net tv/mediaconnect for about four months now. Bought it at Costco when they were closing them out. I really enjoy it. The net tv feature is cool, but it's really slow. It can get frustrating, but it's better than having to hook up something else to the tv. A wireless usb is included to get internet. The picture is great, sound is great. If I had the choice, I would buy it again.

BeRichLikeMe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BeRichLikeMe

In for a 40 for an outdoor patio tv.
Bought the warranty since many people here say refurbs have problems. Hope we get a good one. haha

www.FRUZIA.com

hardcle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hardcle

Got the 32" (w/o NetTV) for $180 on a previous woot. Almost 6 months later it still works well with no problems. At $150 it's a no-brainer.

jingy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jingy

bleep you Woot. Every time I think I'm out, they pull me back in.

I JUST finished a month long hassle/wait on a refund for a defective TV-refurb I got here, I had pretty much decided not to get any more bigger ticket items from woot out of disappointment with that entire purchase experience start to finish.
But now THIS deal, and I am SERIOUSLY considering giving that refunded money right back to woot.

I'll have to give you points for that Woot, no other company has won me back that quickly.

(one thing for sure though, I'll do a square trade warranty if I do buy, not risking relying on woot's returns again)

l44fox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages l44fox

I brought the 40 in LED tv from walmart the first of Dec last year. The picture was great so great that while I was in the hospital in April, someone stole the tv and wall mount and everything else except my bed, they did take the covers off the bed, but I paid 150 more for the recon from walmart.

bluemaple

quality posts: 76 Private Messages bluemaple

Woot, trying to understand why there are two separate selection boxes? The first "Screen Size" box seems redundant since all three models, their sizes and prices are shown and selectable in the "Panel" box.

ranebar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ranebar
NascarDad wrote:Wow.. refurb Philips TVs.
Do they come with a fire extinguisher?

Seriously, read up on the previous Philips refurbs. I know mine started electrical smomking a few days after the limited warranty expired, think it may have been 60 but maybe 90 days. Used it for maybe a couple of days.

Of course, if you have money to burn and a fireproof house, by all means, buy a philips refurb from woot.

I have had a 46 inch Philips refurb for 2 years without problems. Just as another data point.

wootlizer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wootlizer
NascarDad wrote:Wow.. refurb Philips TVs.
Do they come with a fire extinguisher?

Seriously, read up on the previous Philips refurbs. I know mine started electrical smomking a few days after the limited warranty expired, think it may have been 60 but maybe 90 days. Used it for maybe a couple of days.

Of course, if you have money to burn and a fireproof house, by all means, buy a philips refurb from woot.

Exact same thing happened to me! I bought a refurb Philips from woot and it caught on fire.
I contacted Philips, because I thought they would care enough about the safety of their customers to take an interest in the TV to find out what caused the fire. Turns out they could care less.
I will never buy another Philips TV.

wootlizer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wootlizer
ranebar wrote:I have had a 46 inch Philips refurb for 2 years without problems. Just as another data point.

Pay attention to crackling noises and the picture going dark from time to time. Those were the symptoms I observed before my Philips TV (Philips 47” Full HD 1080p LCD TV with Pixel Plus HD) started to catch on fire.

mboss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mboss
wootlizer wrote:Pay attention to crackling noises and the picture going dark from time to time. Those were the symptoms I observed before my Philips TV (Philips 47” Full HD 1080p LCD TV with Pixel Plus HD) started to catch on fire.

So you guys are saying this acts as a heater in the winter too? Awesome, it's like a 2 for 1 deal!!

hartjamesm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hartjamesm

Terrible deal just bought a new 39" westinghouse LED 1080P for 240 after tax.

Model: EW39T6MZ SKU: 5692113

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/39%22+Class+(38-1/2%22+Diag.)+-+LED+-+1080p+-+60Hz+-+HDTV/5692113.p;jsessionid=34C0BC1728D0541CE2B658FC60657AD3.bbolsp-app02-181?id=1218682372983&skuId=5692113&st=westinghouse&cp=1&lp=8

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bluemaple wrote:Woot, trying to understand why there are two separate selection boxes? The first "Screen Size" box seems redundant since all three models, their sizes and prices are shown and selectable in the "Panel" box.

Blame California
We have to use a screen size to correct generate the Electronic Waste Recycling Fees in California.

We agree it's redundant and we're sending it up the chain to see if there isn't a more elegant solution.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

nirv117

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nirv117

Good timing on the deal. I'm going to pick up a 32" for tailgating this football season.

oddsbeater1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages oddsbeater1

Woot claims "Factory Reconditioned" is NOT the same as a "Refurb." Check it out!

I think, therefore.."I-M".

earthdeuley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages earthdeuley

(Stupid question, I'm sure) But, just for clarity, this does NOT have actual WIFI? ...and if that's the case, how does the wireless dongle thingy work? thx! I've been hunting lately for a good 29-32" tv (but with WIFI)...everyone seems to be selling out of the one that are in my price range this would be perfect if it had it...

stsherwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stsherwood

I'm considering the 32-inch web tv for a bedroom TV/computer monitor. Can anyone tell me how well this does as a computer monitor? I do some video editing and photoshop stuff as well as the usual web surfing.

ThunderThighs

Staff

oddsbeater1 wrote:Woot claims "Factory Reconditioned" is NOT the same as a "Refurb." Check it out!

Correct.

A "factory reconditioned" item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It's as close to new as you can get without technically being "new".

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

earthdeuley wrote:(Stupid question, I'm sure) But, just for clarity, this does NOT have actual WIFI? ...and if that's the case, how does the wireless dongle thingy work? thx! I've been hunting lately for a good 29-32" tv (but with WIFI)...everyone seems to be selling out of the one that are in my price range this would be perfect if it had it...

Two of the TVs have Wi-Fi via an include dongle (32PFL4907/F7 & 40PFL4907/F7B). The dongle is a wireless adapter that will let you connect to your router for Internet connectivity.

Does that help?

FORUM MODERATOR

bluemaple

bluemaple wrote:Woot, trying to understand why there are two separate selection boxes? The first "Screen Size" box seems redundant since all three models, their sizes and prices are shown and selectable in the "Panel" box.

ThunderThighs wrote:Blame California
We have to use a screen size to correct generate the Electronic Waste Recycling Fees in California.

We agree it's redundant and we're sending it up the chain to see if there isn't a more elegant solution.

Thanks @TT. That it's due to California or NY would explain anything. That the recycling fee is so 'refined' down to the display size difference between 32 & 40 inches... could only be dreamed up by a lifetime bureaucrat who has never had to live in the real world.

Sane Californians, move out while you can. Before your state goes into receivership!

Next we'll learn California (and NYC-Bloomyville) has an excess human waste/oxygen consumption tax for folks with BMIs greater than 25.0.

bluemaple

hartjamesm wrote:Terrible deal just bought a new 39" westinghouse LED 1080P for 240 after tax.

Model: EW39T6MZ SKU: 5692113

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/39%22+Class+(38-1/2%22+Diag.)+-+LED+-+1080p+-+60Hz+-+HDTV/5692113.p;jsessionid=34C0BC1728D0541CE2B658FC60657AD3.bbolsp-app02-181?id=1218682372983&skuId=5692113&st=westinghouse&cp=1&lp=8

@hartjamesm, that's pretty cheap but its actually $250 *before* tax. Since BB has locations in just about every state that means if your state has a sales/use tax, you pay.

And comparing this Woot product produced by a real brand-company (Philips) to a product with a brand label stuck on it by the highest bidding Chinese supplier is not really apples to apples. Other buy-a-brand labels: Polaroid & Sylvania.

tbmac66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tbmac66

So is it really a wireless wifi that I can use for Netflix or Amazon streaming without hard wiring to the router?

Macman

blazingdisciple

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blazingdisciple

Just chatted with Philips online support. They originally said the factory reconditioned warranty was 1 year but then said with Woot, it's 90 days. Still in for 1 and crossing my fingers.

ThunderThighs

Staff

tbmac66 wrote:So is it really a wireless wifi that I can use for Netflix or Amazon streaming without hard wiring to the router?

That's the idea on the two that support it. Note though that these TV's do not natively support Amazon streaming. You'd need a device like a Roku or something to do that.

From the features:
Primary apps Netflix, VUDU & Pandora

FORUM MODERATOR

blazingdisciple

ThunderThighs wrote:That's the idea on the two that support it. Note though that these TV's do not natively support Amazon streaming. You'd need a device like a Roku or something to do that.

From the features:
Primary apps Netflix, VUDU & Pandora

While this is true, it does support media streaming from your computer which can stream Amazon. It basically mirrors your desktop...pretty cool.

samira

quality posts: 14 Private Messages samira
blazingdisciple wrote:While this is true, it does support media streaming from your computer which can stream Amazon. It basically mirrors your desktop...pretty cool.

Yes. I have one I bought at Costco and not only can I stream Netflix etc, (although I did hardwire it for speed), I can play stuff like xfinity streaming from my computer through the wireless connection. When it works it is pretty cool.

Had not heard about the catching on fire thing...

dshirack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dshirack

Already got shipping info. Thanks for the fast departure Woot!

A waitress once gave me crabs. She didn't get a good tip.

cob2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cob2

Has anyone else's not shipped yet. Guy at work ordered his a couple of hours before I ordered mine, and his is going to be delivered tomorrow..... mine has not even shipped yet..... signed Getting impatient in KS.

ThunderThighs

Staff

cob2 wrote:Has anyone else's not shipped yet. Guy at work ordered his a couple of hours before I ordered mine, and his is going to be delivered tomorrow..... mine has not even shipped yet..... signed Getting impatient in KS.

Dear Getting impatient in KS:

I see that FedEx has received info of your pending shipment and we're just waiting on the tracking file.

You can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

You can stare at this periodically and you should see updates in a day or two. If things don't move along, please email support@woot.com for assistance.

Sincerely,

Ms Thunderthighs

FORUM MODERATOR

BeRichLikeMe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BeRichLikeMe

Got mine this morning. Wed 7th.
Hooked it up and mounted it on patio wall.
Looks Great! Works Great!

Watched Rocky 3 on it.

Was shipped with no instruction book. Remote was loose in the box.
Just the TV, Plug and Remote.

Packing was less than expected. 2 large pieces of Styrofoam at bottom of box and 2 at the top of box. Enough to keep it from moving much.

I am happy with it! (so far)

www.FRUZIA.com

cob2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cob2
ThunderThighs wrote:Dear Getting impatient in KS:

I see that FedEx has received info of your pending shipment and we're just waiting on the tracking file.

You can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

You can stare at this periodically and you should see updates in a day or two. If things don't move along, please email support@woot.com for assistance.

Sincerely,

Ms Thunderthighs

Thank you

djinxd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djinxd
cob2 wrote:Has anyone else's not shipped yet. Guy at work ordered his a couple of hours before I ordered mine, and his is going to be delivered tomorrow..... mine has not even shipped yet..... signed Getting impatient in KS.

Same story here.

Signed Getting real impatient up here in CT

blazingdisciple

djinxd wrote:Same story here.

Signed Getting real impatient up here in CT

Same here. I checked the order number as a reference number, put in my country and zip code, and it says it should be delivered today, so we'll see.

dshirack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dshirack

Got mine just now. Packaging looked great. I haven't opened it yet as I had to get back to work. However, the box said 40" LCD...I orded an LED. We'll see what appears when I open it tonight...

UPDATE: while the box said lcd, the tv is the led advertised. The wireless dongle was already plugged in. Tv looks great. Thanks woot!

UPDATE 2: Setup was really easy. Picture is great!

A waitress once gave me crabs. She didn't get a good tip.

doubletakedesigns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doubletakedesigns

I just received my order of "LED 1080p with NetTV (40PFL4907/F7B)".
Shipped on 8/2 day purchased & arrived 8/8. Tracking was much appreciated!

NO USB wireless adapter as listed in content on WOOT.
I bought this specifically for NetTV via wireless.

UPDATE
Anyone else missing content call Philips 1-866-771-4018.
They gave me a reference number to email my WOOT receipt.
Takes two days for email response to tell me what to do next to get the USB wireless adapter.
THEN shipping takes 7-10 working days.

FYI Shipping box says LCD but the TV IS AS ORDERED - LED !!!