3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3059 Private Messages lichme

Item: VIZIO 1080p LED Smart TV (4 Sizes)
Price: $369.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Refurbished

Search Amazon Search Google

marsarito

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marsarito

Holy crap! Must... have... 70"... version... vetoed by wife, damn lol

3stebanou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 3stebanou

more cheap and new.. sorry i believe in yours

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/vizio-50in-led-3d-smart/prod9690115.ip?pid=_CSE_Google_PLA_LED%20TVs&CAWELAID=730010300000088201%26catargetid%3D730010300000000011%26cadevice%3D%7bdevice%7d&cagpspn=pla

bluegecko90

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bluegecko90

Has woot learned how to package big TVs properly? Because I don't want another busted screen, and I'm sure the others who were delivered broken merch on the other recent Vizio TV deal feel the same way.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3702 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Pretty good reviews (4.0 out of 5.0) on the E550i-A0 over at amazon

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3702 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Some additional info can be found on the E550i-A0 over at the product page

dbongert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbongert

The 55" (which is the one I'd be looking at) is only $100 more for new on Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-E550i-A0-55-Inch-1080p-120Hz/dp/B00BFQHGUU/

faaaaq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages faaaaq
dbongert wrote:The 55" (which is the one I'd be looking at) is only $100 more for new on Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-E550i-A0-55-Inch-1080p-120Hz/dp/B00BFQHGUU/

ONLY? How much money do you make a year that $100 is negligible? There is no reason to pass up a refurb and spend "only" $100 more for a brand new product

mussavcom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mussavcom
faaaaq wrote:ONLY? How much money do you make a year that $100 is negligible? There is no reason to pass up a refurb and spend "only" $100 more for a brand new product

Depends on what refurbished means. What are the cosmetic standards, could it have dead pixels, etc.?

Also, factor in the value of the 90-day Woot warranty versus the full year warranty you'd get with a new unit.

lichme

quality posts: 3059 Private Messages lichme

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

bluegecko90 wrote:Has woot learned how to package big TVs properly? Because I don't want another busted screen, and I'm sure the others who were delivered broken merch on the other recent Vizio TV deal feel the same way.

not sure if you sincerely want this to be addressed or it's just a bit of snark, but i suppose i'll use this as an opportunity to put on the ol' Moderator hat & say that sometimes, despite our best efforts, items do get broken in shipment.
this can also occur with items that are drop-shipped from our vendors.

it is not common (at all), although i realize that's not particularly consoling when it's YOUR television (or whatever) that's broken.

what i can tell you for certain is that you should email Support@Woot.com if there's ever a problem, and they'll guide you to a resolution.
sometimes a little patience is required, but we'll make it happen.

i hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
faaaaq wrote:ONLY? How much money do you make a year that $100 is negligible? There is no reason to pass up a refurb and spend "only" $100 more for a brand new product

a better, longer, no hassle warranty and better return experience is enough of a reason for me.

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

fmfondeur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fmfondeur
luke975 wrote:a better, longer, no hassle warranty and better return experience is enough of a reason for me.

I agree completely.
100 for a refurbished product is not much of an incentive when you consider the warranty.

kerrmmitt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kerrmmitt

Just wondering if anyone knows whether this thing comes with any manufacturer warranty... and what the dead-pixel policy is on said warranty.

luke975

fmfondeur wrote:I agree completely.
100 for a refurbished product is not much of an incentive when you consider the warranty.

oh wow I didn't even see the $200 for a one year warranty for the 70".
those savings keep adding up.

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

luke975

kerrmmitt wrote:Just wondering if anyone knows whether this thing comes with any manufacturer warranty... and what the dead-pixel policy is on said warranty.

you get all the confidence of a 90 day warranty, dated from time of purchase, not when you get the tv.

as these are being drop shipped by a vendor and a freight company has to schedule delivery on some of them, probably 2-4 weeks before you see it.

epiccyndaquil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epiccyndaquil
PemberDucky wrote:Sometimes, despite our best efforts, items do get broken in shipment.

it is not common (at all), although i realize that's not particularly consoling when it's YOUR television (or whatever) that's broken.

what i can tell you for certain is that you should email Support@Woot.com if there's ever a problem, and they'll guide you to a resolution.

i hope this helps.

In a case like this, would you able to provide a 100% refund, including the cost of return shipping? This is really the only reason I'd hesitate to make this purchase. (47" is what I'm looking at, so it wouldn't be drop shipped if I'm reading correctly.)

luke975

epiccyndaquil wrote:In a case like this, would you able to provide a 100% refund, including the cost of return shipping? This is really the only reason I'd hesitate to make this purchase. (47" is what I'm looking at, so it wouldn't be drop shipped if I'm reading correctly.)

from the what is woot faq:

How do I return a defective product?

Unless we specifically tell you not to, call the manufacturer of the product you bought. You will likely get a replacement of a new model or better item from them. If we still haven't dissuaded you, email rma@woot.com with your woot order number, the name of the product you are returning, and the detailed problem with the item. We will respond with return authorization by the next business day. Because we aren't likely to have a replacement in stock, you should be prepared for a refund-only option if that's all we can do. Know that return freight will be at your expense. Again, you will probably get a better deal from the manufacturer, or whoever else handling customer service for that product.

epiccyndaquil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epiccyndaquil
luke975 wrote:from the what is woot faq:

Know that return freight will be at your expense.

For those wondering, a FedEx quote to a Woot RMA location I sent a package to before (zip code 75007) for a 35lb package (roughly the weight of the 47") is under $30 for their Ground service from Southern California.

EDIT: Correction, it'd be ~$45; added the dimensions(whoops).

kylefn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kylefn

Tax kills it for me.

I order this on Woot for ($369.99 * 1.0825) + $5 = $405.51.

I order this on Amazon.com (new not refub) with my Prime account and it's $469.81

I think it's worth the extra $64.30 to get a new one.

You almost had me convinced Woot ;)

GreatJorge

quality posts: 39 Private Messages GreatJorge

I own this TV ( 70 inch model ).
Love it.
I reviewed it here last time woot had this on sale and in Amazon also.
I didn't buy mine at woot. I was actually waiting for Woot to relist it ( a while back) when I saw it brand new at a local shopping club, brand new for $100. No waiting for delivery and brand new warranty. The picture is amazing and hundreds of folks have given it great reviews all over the net, including Amazon. Can set everything via menus.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
kerrmmitt wrote:Just wondering if anyone knows whether this thing comes with any manufacturer warranty... and what the dead-pixel policy is on said warranty.

Ever use the specs tab or the information listed below to the right in the features tab? I've never seen the dead pixel information on here for any TV that I recall. Why are these different?

Research it on the Vizio website. I would imagine returns and new allow the same amount of dead pixels. Or phone Vizio customer service to be sure.

We've bought many refurbished items on here, only one cheap computer gave us grief after 1 year. We never had any probleum with a TV, monitors or electrical appliance.

If you don't like the deal, don't buy it but why complain on a forum? Go find out if the staff moderators haven't been able to.

Our TV's purchased locally in good sized stores never could give us the dead pixel warranty on any TV we purchased or they made up a no. We checked with the manufacturer on our own.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

bxbkqu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bxbkqu
PemberDucky wrote:not sure if you sincerely want this to be addressed or it's just a bit of snark, but i suppose i'll use this as an opportunity to put on the ol' Moderator hat & say that sometimes, despite our best efforts, items do get broken in shipment.

i hope this helps.

I actually think the question is revealing (as is the lack of answer)...given the packaging issues some experienced with the last offer, did Woot address them with the vendor that shipped the items? I think that answer would be vital to know when considering this offer.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
lichme wrote:Item: VIZIO 1080p LED Smart TV (4 Sizes)
Price: $369.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Refurbished

Search Amazon Search Google

He lists a few basic specs right here. That's 1 of the reasons for so many quality posts probably.

W000T gives lots of information on the products they sell.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

Princesspooh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Princesspooh
luke975 wrote:from the what is woot faq:

How do I return a defective product?

Unless we specifically tell you not to, call the manufacturer of the product you bought. You will likely get a replacement of a new model or better item from them. If we still haven't dissuaded you, email rma@woot.com with your woot order number, the name of the product you are returning, and the detailed problem with the item. We will respond with return authorization by the next business day. Because we aren't likely to have a replacement in stock, you should be prepared for a refund-only option if that's all we can do. Know that return freight will be at your expense. Again, you will probably get a better deal from the manufacturer, or whoever else handling customer service for that product.

I just wanted to add that Vizio customer service has been excellent to deal with on the few occasions I've had to contact them.

I actually purchased an "open box" sound bar/sub-woofer system from our local warehouse store (at a reduced price) and was unable to get the sound bar to switch out of the demo mode.

The CS rep was very polite, spent about 45 minutes working every possible solution with me before determining that what I had actually purchased was a "demo only" display model which lacked the necessary firmware to actually work.

I only needed to email a copy of my receipt to Vizio, and they arranged for the sound bar to be returned and replaced with a NEW sound bar system.

Vizio's customer service department is also US based, for those who may be concerned with out-of-the country outsourcing.

wootphonz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootphonz
mussavcom wrote:Depends on what refurbished means. What are the cosmetic standards, could it have dead pixels, etc.?

Also, factor in the value of the 90-day Woot warranty versus the full year warranty you'd get with a new unit.

I agree, it does depend on what refurb means but often refurb are safer bet than new TVs because they are often rigorously tested to ensure the refurb was done correctly. The quality of testing does depend on the company. New TVs are basically put together and shipped. I was looking a purchasing a refurb some years ago which is how I found this out.

Now with the warranty situation that might be the kicker. I've had to deal with that with a tv I bought from woot, it was somewhat difficult because they only communicate via email (at least they did back then, about 1.5 year ago). However, if buying from amazon I don't know if their process will be any easy because one would still have to deal with shipping a tv.

archerman2000

quality posts: 8 Private Messages archerman2000

Not really a deal for the 55" - Walmart has the missing size - 60", same model class for $20 more with free shipping, bringing it to $15 more, even better deal.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/VIZIO-E601i-A3-60-1080p-120Hz-Class-Razor-LED-Smart-HDTV-Refurbished/24516217

I know this because I just purchased the 60" this week from Walmart.com - it is hanging up in my living room now and it is great.

mojones

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mojones
kylefn wrote:Tax kills it for me.

I order this on Woot for ($369.99 * 1.0825) + $5 = $405.51.

I order this on Amazon.com (new not refub) with my Prime account and it's $469.81

I think it's worth the extra $64.30 to get a new one.

You almost had me convinced Woot ;)

You still owe the tax if ordered on Amazon, even if Amazon doesn't collect it. Tax would be the same either avenue.

clydaho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clydaho

Thumbs down to the refurb!! Bought the 50" Vizio refurb that Woot! offered July 8. Granted, I can't speak for every single tv, but my refurb in particular was either very badly done or not done at all. It had green splotches and lines running through the screen. Shipped it back. And, according to FedEx tracking, it has long arrived back at Woot!...but I'm still waiting for my refund.

Caveat Emptor.

[MOD: Pls allow 7-10 business days for processing of an RMA.]

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 592 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Not working this weekend, but I'll pipe in to answer some of your concerns....

We are always working with our vendors on packaging and shipping. You will sometimes see posts from Wooters saying their TV arrived damaged. Unfortunately, what you don't see are posts from every wooter that received their TV in good condition and are happily watching it. We monitor complaints and the recent 50" VIZIO sale had 1% report shipping damage.

It's an unfortunate fact of the online retail business that things can get damaged In shipment. We hate each every time this happens and our customer service will work with you to make things right through replacement or full refund.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cohenfive

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cohenfive

One deal breaker for me...unless I am reading this wrong, the tv does not have a full web browser and does not have an hbo go app. Only Samsung tv's seem to for some reason and yahoo tv services does not either from what I can tell. Looks like no hbo on this tv, at least for now. Bummer.

ugrasse2

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ugrasse2
ThunderThighs wrote:Not working this weekend, but I'll pipe in to answer some of your concerns....

We are always working with our vendors on packaging and shipping. You will sometimes see posts from Wooters saying their TV arrived damaged. Unfortunately, what you don't see are posts from every wooter that received their TV in good condition and are happily watching it. We monitor complaints and the recent 50" VIZIO sale had 1% report shipping damage.

It's an unfortunate fact of the online retail business that things can get damaged In shipment. We hate each every time this happens and our customer service will work with you to make things right through replacement or full refund.

There ya go. Quote this fella to get your return shipping refunded. It should be a matter of course anyway, as shipping damage is the shipper's responsibility in court of law -- that's why *they* pay for shipping insurance.

just1sec

quality posts: 0 Private Messages just1sec
3stebanou wrote:more cheap and new.. sorry i believe in yours

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/vizio-50in-led-3d-smart/prod9690115.ip?pid=_CSE_Google_PLA_LED%20TVs&CAWELAID=730010300000088201%26catargetid%3D730010300000000011%26cadevice%3D%7bdevice%7d&cagpspn=pla

That Sams club price is for a 50" not a 55".

notalwaysso

quality posts: 1 Private Messages notalwaysso
PemberDucky wrote:not sure if you sincerely want this to be addressed or it's just a bit of snark, but i suppose i'll use this as an opportunity to put on the ol' Moderator hat & say that sometimes, despite our best efforts, items do get broken in shipment.

i hope this helps.

For the record, I bought a Vizio 37' refurb. from Woot a couple years ago. It arrived in impeccable condition and has been running like a champ ever since.

azdarkknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages azdarkknight
MichXelle wrote:

If you don't like the deal, don't buy it but why complain on a forum? Go find out if the staff moderators haven't been able to.

They weren't complaining, they were asking a valid question to the seller of the item. Dead pixels are very important for some people - for others not so much - perhaps learn to read next time?

SalsaShark42

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SalsaShark42
ugrasse2 wrote:There ya go. Quote this fella to get your return shipping refunded.

That ThunderThighs sure is a good fellady.

thomas998

quality posts: 22 Private Messages thomas998

Frankly, unless $100 is negligible to you, you probably should spend that much on a tv.

Sarisin

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Sarisin

I purchased the 50" model that was offered in July. It arrived in about 2 weeks well packaged and without a scratch.

Honestly, I thought the sound and picture quality was better on my old 46" Philips (also purchased from Woot). It does have the Smart feature, but I already had a roku.

It was missing a headphone jack, but I solved that problem by purchasing Vizio wireless headphones that greatly improve the sound issue from the set's weak speakers.

Finally, I purchased a 3-year Square Trade warranty for $41.99 just in case.

All in all, I am happy with my purchase.

sdbcmr

quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr

It's a perennially difficult judgement call. I've got a more-than-serviceable refurb Vizio that we love, and it's well past what would have been warranty coverage if it were new. No regrets at all.

Then again, Costco has this TV (http://www.costco.com/VIZIO-47%E2%80%9D-Class-%2846.96%22-Diag.%29-LED-Smart-TV-E470i-A0.product.100028237.html) for $170 more, new.

Shipping is free, and it comes with Costco's version of "Concierge Service." We've had occasion to use that service in the past, and it was - very simply put - awesome. They took hold of our problem and wouldn't let go - including wrangling with HP's customer service for us - until the whole thing was handled - perfectly.

Moreover, their deal includes a one-year extension of the manufacturer's warranty, which makes it two years total.

And of course, all you have to do is return the TV to any Costco w/in 90 days and they give you a full refund, no questions asked.

So - is all that worth another $170?

Depends on who you are. We've done both. At this point, I really think it depends upon our mood or something ...