Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3178 Private Messages lichme

Item: Kodak MAX Alkaline Batteries - 5 Sizes
Price: $14.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
7/5/2013 - $9.99-14.99 - 7 comment(s)

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

kimberlysj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimberlysj

Bought double and triple A's last time offered. Didn't power husband's gps when hiking last week and they were new, second attempt said low battery on the display. Seems to work ok for the remotes. :-[

darrylw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darrylw
kimberlysj wrote:Bought double and triple A's last time offered. Didn't power husband's gps when hiking last week and they were new, second attempt said low battery on the display. Seems to work ok for the remotes. :-[

Funny thing, I have a Garmin 12XL GPS that is circa 1999-2000, and it said the same Low Battery warning with new Kodak AAs installed. I did not try with other brand AAs though, so can't say it is the Kodak's for sure.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3908 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Lets read how this matches up over at batteryshowdown.com

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3908 Private Messages conanthelibrarian
lichme wrote:Item: Kodak MAX Alkaline Batteries - 5 Sizes
Price: $14.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
7/5/2013 - $9.99-14.99 - 7 comment(s)

looks like there are 51 comments, not 7

sdmcfarland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdmcfarland

How long has kodak been out of business now? How old are these

Quaddawg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Quaddawg
conanthelibrarian wrote:Lets read how this matches up over at batteryshowdown.com

Would love to, however I don't see Kodak MAX on the list. I see Kodak Extra which did well, and regular Kodak which did not so well... no Kodak MAX

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 38 Private Messages jiggersgreen

Bought a bunch on previous Woot. Sub par performance in all devices tested.YMMV

ojohn

quality posts: 42 Private Messages ojohn

Random notes:

There are only six or seven companies that make alkaline batteries in the whole world. (Nobody can prove how many factories in China.) All the different brands contract with the same six or seven companies which just manufacture them with the contracted brand labels. Some are very slightly better than others, but there's not much variation in a standard "alkaline battery".

The batteryshowdown site is a British site, so they have some varieties only available in England, and what is listed there may not be the exact same battery as available in US with the same brand type. That is, something branded one way in England may, for the US market, be manufactured by a different company.

Even Duracell, which does make its own alkalines, contracted their brand label to be put on certain batteries manufactured by Panasonic/Sanyo - the first runs of "Duracell Pre-Charged" were really Sanyo Eneloops. At least.

For a time, "Kodak" branded alkaline batteries in US were absolutely positively made by or contracted from Panasonic, and Sanyo made them for Panasonic (Panasonic owns Sanyo). I know this for a fact. But that does not necessarily mean that THESE batteries on woot were made by Panasonic. Kodak may have changed suppliers.

It is my GUESS that woot, and Kodak, is here blowing out "Kodak" batteries that Kodak contracted before Kodak's reorganization. They are more likely newer than older. Kodak has been selling off anything they can as fast as they can for a few years, and they probably contracted a few years ago to receive a steady supply of these batteries for a few years. These are probably fresh off the boat or only a month or two older than that. If they were older stock, Kodak would have dumped them to woot and others sooner. They have done this several times in the past year or two. Kodak has to move these and get some money back fast as the boats come in. Again this is a GUESS.

So consider all this just some odd historical trivia and trade secrets, but I can't tell you what these specific batteries are. But being "Kodak", I expect they're OK. Whatever else Kodak did to itself, they never sold junk.

desynergy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages desynergy

Definitely no. AC Delco, Kodak, and FujiFilm's batteries are sub par. They're as good as the dollar store brand. They dont last long at all in cameras and Wii-motes. Expect some to die faster than others.

tjweber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjweber

Buyer Beware. These batteries are horrible. They are re-labeled batteries (same kinds you find at cheap dollar store or generic brand). However, Consumer Reports does give the Costco-brand Kirkland Signature brand AA batteries the highest reports on AA batteries, these are certainly made in another factory somewhere without the same performance.

tgspec

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tgspec

Here's what I know. Not guessing, speculating or comparing how long they will keep my nerdy RC Helicopter aloft:

I have been using these Woot-purchased batteries for the last 19-months. Kodak and AC/Delco. I use them in wireless microphones. I get a full performance out of them, then they are recycled as rehearsal batteries. So I'm getting 3-4 hours of RF transmission for > 35% off the wholesale club price.

BUYER BEWARE: You can only get 3 at a time. [insert smiley emoticon here]

nanaejt

quality posts: 4 Private Messages nanaejt
sdmcfarland wrote:How long has kodak been out of business now? How old are these

Kodak is still in business.

catspurrfrench

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catspurrfrench

I bought the AA ones last time. Although I wasn't thrilled with the performance, I was satisfied enough to buy them again today. Good deal!

Brenda J. Kleager

0bvious

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 0bvious

Got these last time around, they seem OK in slow draw devices like remotes, but were useless for my Fenix flashlight. They also seem to lose charge somehow even when sitting in a drawer as they now show a 3/4 charge on my tester.

matthewjfazio

quality posts: 3 Private Messages matthewjfazio

I bought the AA pack last time as well and absolutley agree with the comments here-- they are good fro remotes, horrible for flashlights, Wii remotes, cameras, and most other electronic devices.

Heck, my computer mouse that I'm using to type up this comment goes through 1 a week. Just horrible. I'm using them now just to get them out of the house... back to Enerloops for me!

- Matthew J. Fazio

canosbass5

quality posts: 4 Private Messages canosbass5

Have a two year old with many battery powered toys, as well as the standard tv remotes etc. These batteries have worked well in all devices so far...but I don't think any of the toys are extremely high draw as far as power consumption goes (i.e. if you turn it on and interact with it then it's flashing, rolling, etc...but if you don't interact it's just sitting there turned on).

mattdyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattdyer

I have these from previous WOOT sales. Maybe I got lucky, but I have not had bad experience operating any device with these. I have the a pair in my wireless keyboard and mouse going strong for about 10 months and use them in the kids toys without issue. My cameras and flashlights all take different batteries so I can't vouch for high discharge devices, but for simple devices they perform on par with other batteries I have purchased.

pturner3

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pturner3
jiggersgreen wrote:Bought a bunch on previous Woot. Sub par performance in all devices tested.YMMV

Same here, with AA and AAA sets I got 6 months ago from Woot.

ulyrider

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ulyrider
pturner3 wrote:Same here, with AA and AAA sets I got 6 months ago from Woot.

Have to agree. Won't get these again.

AGreathouse

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AGreathouse

I read all the comments and had to reply. I have purchased these the last 2 times they were on Woot and have no complaints. For us they are mostly used in TV, XBox, and Wii remotes and we've never had a problem. However, I must admit that most of the time we lose them so there's really no telling how long they actually last!

Amy Greathouse

bradsass

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bradsass

Bought these the last time they were on Woot. They are the worse batteries I have used. Use them in a wireless mouse where I typically need to replace the battery once every 4-5 months, but with the Kodak batteries it's every 3 weeks.

pirateink757

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pirateink757

They never went out of business. Also,I purchased the max on the last sale and they worked great!

psd10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages psd10
sdmcfarland wrote:How long has kodak been out of business now? How old are these

Our company has worked closely with Kodak for 19 years as the Master Distributor of Kodak batteries.
Kodak is still 100% in business. They simply filed for a restructuring in 2012 as many companies have done in recent years to better structure their debt. As it continues to be widely & publicly reported through many recent media reports, news updates & press releases, Kodak has lined up more than enough long-term capital & financing and is on track to emerge from restructuring by end of this year.
These batteries are all Fresh, High Quality, Brand New KODAK MAX Alkaline batteries that are good until 2019 or beyond.

psd10

ojohn wrote:Random notes:

There are only six or seven companies that make alkaline batteries in the whole world. (Nobody can prove how many factories in China.) All the different brands contract with the same six or seven companies which just manufacture them with the contracted brand labels. Some are very slightly better than others, but there's not much variation in a standard "alkaline battery".

The batteryshowdown site is a British site, so they have some varieties only available in England, and what is listed there may not be the exact same battery as available in US with the same brand type. That is, something branded one way in England may, for the US market, be manufactured by a different company.

Even Duracell, which does make its own alkalines, contracted their brand label to be put on certain batteries manufactured by Panasonic/Sanyo - the first runs of "Duracell Pre-Charged" were really Sanyo Eneloops. At least.

For a time, "Kodak" branded alkaline batteries in US were absolutely positively made by or contracted from Panasonic, and Sanyo made them for Panasonic (Panasonic owns Sanyo). I know this for a fact. But that does not necessarily mean that THESE batteries on woot were made by Panasonic. Kodak may have changed suppliers.

It is my GUESS that woot, and Kodak, is here blowing out "Kodak" batteries that Kodak contracted before Kodak's reorganization. They are more likely newer than older. Kodak has been selling off anything they can as fast as they can for a few years, and they probably contracted a few years ago to receive a steady supply of these batteries for a few years. These are probably fresh off the boat or only a month or two older than that. If they were older stock, Kodak would have dumped them to woot and others sooner. They have done this several times in the past year or two. Kodak has to move these and get some money back fast as the boats come in. Again this is a GUESS.

So consider all this just some odd historical trivia and trade secrets, but I can't tell you what these specific batteries are. But being "Kodak", I expect they're OK. Whatever else Kodak did to itself, they never sold junk.

Our company has worked closely with Kodak for 19 years as the Master Distributor of Kodak batteries.
Kodak is still 100% in business and in particular, 100% in the battery business as Kodak batteries have consistently & will continue to be sold very successfully through every retail channel available, at national chains, etc.
These batteries are all Fresh, High Quality, Brand New KODAK MAX Alkaline batteries that are good until 2019 or beyond.

psd10

tjweber wrote:Buyer Beware. These batteries are horrible. They are re-labeled batteries (same kinds you find at cheap dollar store or generic brand). However, Consumer Reports does give the Costco-brand Kirkland Signature brand AA batteries the highest reports on AA batteries, these are certainly made in another factory somewhere without the same performance.

These batteries are not "Re-labeled" batteries and certainly not "(same kinds you find at cheap dollar store or generic brand)".
These batteries are all Fresh, High Quality, Brand New KODAK MAX Alkaline batteries that are good until 2019 & beyond.

jdupree

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jdupree

I also have had good luck with the AC Delco batteries off woot. I use them in low and high drain devices. I think the problem is usage. If you want to use them in a high drain device AND have it last a while these aren't the batteries for you. If you're like me and you pull out your high end 100+ lumen flashlight once a month for a few minutes these are right up your alley. If your taking your fancy flashlight camping or taking your digital camera to a convention and will be ripping off a hundred pictures then buy some name brand alkaline or lithium ion batteries. Better yet pay through the nose for some rechargable eneloops.

GreatJorge

quality posts: 40 Private Messages GreatJorge

Any energizer batteries coming up?

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

I have been pretty happy with these batteries. They seem to last about 2-3 months on wireless keyboard/mouse but i also fall alseep on my keyboard or get my mouse turned upside down sometimes so that caused them to drain faster.

It's never too early to start planning for toys for tots, load up on these and buy an extra set to donate. All those toys need juice to run them and this would be a perfect addition if you're already planning on buying one or two

logicape

quality posts: 3 Private Messages logicape
psd10 wrote:Our company has worked closely with Kodak for 19 years ...

You needn't reply thrice. Methinks someone was feeling a bit 'rebuttaly'.

djotto00woot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djotto00woot

I bought these last time and have been pretty happy. I have a five year old and a two year old, so we go through some AAA batteries.

They are great for all the kid's stuff, but we put two into a small digital camera and my kids drained them in 20 minutes. Obviously high drain devices shouldn't get these batteries.

Papa22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Papa22

They're made by Kodak, how can they be any good. The company is in bankruptcy. Another loser company bites the dust.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
Papa22 wrote:They're made by Kodak, how can they be any good. The company is in bankruptcy. Another loser company bites the dust.

you haven't read any of the comments have you?

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975

so how long has the vendors company worked closely with kodak anyways??

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

djames42

quality posts: 11 Private Messages djames42
Papa22 wrote:They're made by Kodak, how can they be any good. The company is in bankruptcy. Another loser company bites the dust.

Ouch. You're either spewing sarcasm or ignorance. How many companies have been around for well over 100 years, on top of that dominating the industry for most of those?

It's unfortunate they didn't keep up with the times, but I wouldn't call them a loser company.

quarlow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quarlow

Any one's batteries ship yet? Still waiting for mine to ship.

millman12345

quality posts: 0 Private Messages millman12345
quarlow wrote:Any one's batteries ship yet? Still waiting for mine to ship.

I just got 2 out of 3 of my packages today. I got a 72 pack of AA, a 72 pack of AAA, and a 12 pack of 9V. I received the AA and AAA today, but have no clue where the 9V are. I'm hoping they just got shipped a day late, but I'm thinking they might have gotten dropped between the driver's seats!

For the record, I was never sent any tracking information, and on my account page, it still lists the batteries as "Order Status: Shipping Now" and "Tracking: Unavailable", so I wouldn't expect to be notified when your batteries do indeed ship.

Mine were shipped FedEx from Virginia on 8/7, and I received them today 8/9.

There were tracking numbers on the packages, but again, I was never informed of them before hand.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

@millman12345: You might check your spam folder. I see tracking info attached to that order. You can also check STUFF YOU BOUGHT.

Looks like they are shipping separately so just give it another day or two.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

millman12345

quality posts: 0 Private Messages millman12345

Also, for everyone's info, the label on the actual battery packages reads "Made in China for Eastman Kodak Company" and the copyright date is 2010. Not saying this is when the batteries were made, but that is the copyright date on the batteries.

Expiration dates: "10-2019"

ThunderThighs wrote:@millman12345: You might check your spam folder. I see tracking info attached to that order. You can also check STUFF YOU BOUGHT.

Looks like they are shipping separately so just give it another day or two.

No tracking info ever appeared on my stuff you bought page, and none ever ended up in my spam folder that I see.

It's ok though, I'll give it another few days!