WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Worx Lawn Care

Plants, eh? Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. With some lawn care products, you can keep your personal ecosystem in line. Because if you don't, you'll never be be able to sleep without wondering… is the grass coming for me?

Quality Posts

davidvanb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidvanb

Blower & Mower photos need to be switched.

yatesd2711

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yatesd2711

I think the blower and lawnmower pictures are switched...

bbkf

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bbkf

Can I get this mower for $88?

spiek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages spiek

Is that a moblower?

davidvanb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidvanb
yatesd2711 wrote:I think the blower and lawnmower pictures are switched...

Well played.

noahsbagels

quality posts: 9 Private Messages noahsbagels
davidvanb wrote:Blower & Mower photos need to be switched.

Got 'em fixed. Thanks all!

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975

you can tell the deals on woot have been lacking. the mod on here joined in may and hasn't bought a single thing yet.

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

luke975 wrote:you can tell the deals on woot have been lacking. the mod on here joined in may and hasn't bought a single thing yet.

He's not a mod. He's the buyer. And that's probably his "anonymous" account that he uses for posting.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

olds1962

quality posts: 1 Private Messages olds1962

Is this cordless/chargeable?

drewy813

quality posts: 8 Private Messages drewy813
olds1962 wrote:Is this cordless/chargeable?

Only the blower is cordless.

jeffiekins

quality posts: 56 Private Messages jeffiekins
olds1962 wrote:Is this cordless/chargeable?

Short answer: No.

Longer:
If it says "Amps", that tells you how much current it draws from the wall (or an extension cord, in this case). You'll need an extension cord rated for at least that much (they're rated in Amps).

I've never seen an extension cord rated for fewer than 10 amps, but after that, you should check. I think only the mower draws more than that.

If you're going to use more than one extension cord (one plugged into the other), you must use ones that are rated for more current than your thing draws (1 "size" bigger), or you are begging for trouble, especially if you live in a hot part of the country, since these things are used mostly in the summer.

I just burned out an edger yesterday (yeah, good timing), running it for too long without letting it cool off on a hot day. If the extensions cord is too "small", it will deliver less voltage, which will force the appliance to draw more current, which will kill it faster. I think that's what killed my electric mower a year ago. (But they both lasted 2-3 times longer than I've gotten from a battery or gas powered one.)

Higher current requires more copper, and copper's getting expensive (which is why all those buildings in Detroit have been stripped of copper wires and pipes), so you will find that a higher-capacity extension cord costs more. But not compared to replacing your edger or mower.

I'm supposed to buy something? But we're having so much fun with things as they are, I don't want to ruin it!
Purchases: 18 / 11 (nobody cares what, so I won't tell you);
Brownies of Cannabis: 1 / 12 (Thanks, Wootalyzer! -- would it help if I called them something else?).

ronksmith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ronksmith

Would a real man use an electric mower? Umm. no

bloodgain

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bloodgain
ronksmith wrote:Would a real man use an electric mower? Umm. no

Yeah, you're right. Real men use reel mowers. No wussy motors for us ;-)

Of course, *really real* men use a scythe. You and all your modern trappings, bah!

However, the realest men just get someone else to do the lawn. They have man-stuff to do, like bare-knuckle boxing.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

bloodgain wrote:Yeah, you're right. Real men use reel mowers. No wussy motors for us ;-)

Of course, *really real* men use a scythe. You and all your modern trappings, bah!

However, the realest men just get someone else to do the lawn. They have man-stuff to do, like bare-knuckle boxing.

i enjoyed that.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

intelisevil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages intelisevil

If the lawnmower was one of the Battery versions, I'd seriously consider it. My lawn area is over 100' from power so the electric cord would almost cost as much as this mower. I currently use a reel mower because my lawn is fairly small but some days I feel my age . . .

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
ThunderThighs wrote:He's not a mod. He's the buyer. And that's probably his "anonymous" account that he uses for posting.

now that I think of it I did see him post before in his buyer role. still kind of amused me.

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

shaun40555

quality posts: 5 Private Messages shaun40555

Can't vouch for these specific models but I just bought and returned a Worx electric trimmer. Thing ate line like crazy and their were zero directions as to how to advance the line. Cutting wise though it was fine.

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl

Rebrand that mower to read WOOT! and I'd buy it. Just takes 2 letters and an !...

pfffft!

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl
shaun40555 wrote:Can't vouch for these specific models but I just bought and returned a Worx electric trimmer. Thing ate line like crazy and their were zero directions as to how to advance the line. Cutting wise though it was fine.

Great at cutting the electric cord too, I can vouch for that.

pfffft!

cbadvzr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cbadvzr

I was just hoping my mower would last the rest of this year all the while I mowed last night. This Woot! Is awefully tempting though. Checked out some reviews of the mower and these are the notes I came away with…
http://www.amazon.com/WG718-19-Inch-Mulching-Discharge-Electric/dp/B001UQ70VA

Pros:
Very powerful motor handles deepest grass
Quiet
Mulching setting is excellent

Cons:
One-sided dead man’s switch requires two hands on mower (one review said compensated for this by tying the switch down)
Cord gets in the way
Internal replacement parts are not available
Directions for bag placement: confusing
Minimal bag capacity
Long ‘nose’ prevents edging around shrubs

Conflicting posts:
Some said easily maneuverable and light and another that it’s needlessly heavy

Aside from the one post citing an uneven cut and it bogging down in damp, thick grass this would appear to be a good mower for an open area lawn to mulch not bag. Been wanting an electric for my smallish lawn and the price on Woot!(>$100 cheaper than other site) will probably push me to try it out if I can bundle it with something else I ‘need’.

PvtClam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PvtClam

Bought the cordless blower from Woot last year. Still running fine. Great for the deck, around pool, and patio. Lasts about 20 min with a constant run. Charges quickly. I believe it was cheaper than this last time.

CANNONFODDER0

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CANNONFODDER0
ronksmith wrote:Would a real man use an electric mower? Umm. no

I have no idea about this particular brand/model, but corded electric motors are probably more "Manly". Strong, silent, and they do not have to be coaxed back to life every time you shove them into situations too much to handle.

I never had used or thought much about them, until I used an old Sears electric to mow about 1-1/2 acres that had been neglected for about 2 years. The property was adjacent to hay fields and pasture, so it was roughly 3 feet tall and full of weeds. Amazing. No re-starting every time I pushed it too far or too fast, no re-fueling, little noise.

On the cord, if you pay attention to the professional cleaners, especially the floor buffers, you learn that cord management is fairly simple. I use the shoulder method. I already had some very long heavy duty extension cords for vehicle block heaters, so no cost there.

Landlord's mower, or I would not have given that one up...

macpwrdude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages macpwrdude

Does the blower include the battery and charger?

suned

quality posts: 16 Private Messages suned
macpwrdude wrote:Does the blower include the battery and charger?

Yes, it certainly does include a 24-volt lithium battery and charger.

eljahewa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eljahewa

Ordered the Lawn Mower, Cordless Sweeper Blower, and 14-Inch 5.0-Amp Electric Grass Trimmer/Edger, Wheeled for less than I would have otherwise paid for the mower alone (much less lawn service for 2 months)! Can't wait to get these and take care of my lawn! Don't need no stinking lawn service (or a spouse, for that matter)! Definitely enjoying my divorce! Thanks Woot!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

suned wrote:Yes, it certainly does include a 24-volt lithium battery and charger.

welcome back!
thanks as always for answering our customers' questions!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

cameraz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cameraz

"Full 19-inch deck"? That's impressive! That's bigger than a "full" 18-inch deck!

Seeing that the average walk-behind mower is 20 or 21 inches, I'd say the the Worx mower is not playing with a full deck.

elveez

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elveez

Will battery from the blower (Worx WG565 24-Volt Lithium Cordless Sweeper Blower) work with 24-Volt trimmer?

I've got WG167 24v 2.0 Max Trimmer...

Are all Worx 24-Volt batteries the same?

---
elveez is alive

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain
bloodgain wrote:Yeah, you're right. Real men use reel mowers. No wussy motors for us ;-)

... and growing facial hair and eating ten-penny nails for breakfast.

elveez wrote:Will battery from the blower (Worx WG565 24-Volt Lithium Cordless Sweeper Blower) work with 24-Volt trimmer?

I know how you feel; I had the dilemma of matching my B&D 24V NiCd string trimmer or my various 20V+ Lithium systems; I went with Lithium, mixing my lawn care system, but at least I have far more fresh batteries available now.

Amazon says they're compatible

Wait, forget that... Worx says they're compatible!

I done good. :-)

suned

quality posts: 16 Private Messages suned
elveez wrote:Will battery from the blower (Worx WG565 24-Volt Lithium Cordless Sweeper Blower) work with 24-Volt trimmer?

I'm from Worx, and your 24v lith trimmer and this 24v lith blower have interchangeable batteries.

elveez

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elveez

Thanks!

It seems to be cheaper to buy this blower with the battery than to buy an extra battery for my trimmer

PocketBrain wrote:I know how you feel; I had the dilemma of matching my B&D 24V NiCd string trimmer or my various 20V+ Lithium systems; I went with Lithium, mixing my lawn care system, but at least I have far more fresh batteries available now.

Amazon says they're compatible

Wait, forget that... Worx says they're compatible!

I done good. :-)

---
elveez is alive