WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Philips Home Theater

Sure, the stage USED to be where it all happened, but no longer! Today, we've got The Wire and Community and Two And A Half Men and more! Today, all the world is but a home theater. So get with it, slowpoke.

Quality Posts

Bcipollone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bcipollone

What cords come with the unit? What cords must be purchased?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Bcipollone wrote:What cords come with the unit? What cords must be purchased?

Which item?

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

vwaudifreak

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vwaudifreak

Will this work with Amazon Prime movies?

Ninkumpoop

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Ninkumpoop
vwaudifreak wrote:Will this work with Amazon Prime movies?

No Philips part numbers are listed on Amazon as being compatible with their Instant Video service.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/video/ontv/devices

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422

30% THD? BWAHAHAHAHA!! That's just plain unlistenable! How could any company post that? That would sound worse than an old boom box at full volume with dead batteries! Amazing. Even if it were a typo, 3% is really bad.

Specs:
Total Power RMS @ 30% THD: 300W

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

Localgod11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Localgod11

The sound bar/sub is really well reviewed on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-CSS2123B-F7-SoundBar-Speakers/product-reviews/B007B5WHTE/ref=sr_cr_hist_all?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

barrybuzz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barrybuzz

Maybe I'm missing something, but if I want to buy this, I see no way to do so on Woot's site.

What's up?

ktherrrell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ktherrrell
barrybuzz wrote:Maybe I'm missing something, but if I want to buy this, I see no way to do so on Woot's site.

What's up?

You have to scroll down and click the next pic (sales pic). Takes you to the purchase page.

teddeits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages teddeits
Bcipollone wrote:What cords come with the unit? What cords must be purchased?

Taking a stab here -
Philips Home Theater

From the Specs page

Main Unit (W x H x D): 14.2" x 2.2" x 11.5"
Main Unit Weight: 5.3 lbs
Center Speaker (W x H x D): 3.3" x 3.5" x 3.5"
Center Speaker Weight: 0.7 lbs
Center Speaker Cable Length: 6.5 ft
Front Speaker (W x H x D): 3.3" x 3.5" x 3.5"
Front Speaker Weight: 0.7 lbs
Front Speaker Cable Length: 9.9 ft
Rear Speaker (W x H x D): 3.3" x 3.5" x 3.5"
Rear Speaker Weight: 0.7 lbs
Rear Speaker Cable Length: 23 ft
Subwoofer (W x H x D): 6.3" x 10.6" x 10.5"
Subwoofer Weight: 5.6 lbs
Subwoofer Cable Length: 9.9 ft

rgfitz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rgfitz
Ringo4422 wrote:30% THD? BWAHAHAHAHA!! That's just plain unlistenable! How could any company post that? That would sound worse than an old boom box at full volume with dead batteries! Amazing. Even if it were a typo, 3% is really bad.

Specs:

Probably a typo. I have two of these and they sound fine.

dannnnnn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dannnnnn
barrybuzz wrote:Maybe I'm missing something, but if I want to buy this, I see no way to do so on Woot's site.

What's up?

http://www.woot.com/offers/wi-fi-3d-blu-ray-5-1-home-theater-1

there's the product and the event. The event shares a forum

dannnnnn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dannnnnn
Ringo4422 wrote:30% THD? BWAHAHAHAHA!! That's just plain unlistenable! How could any company post that? That would sound worse than an old boom box at full volume with dead batteries! Amazing. Even if it were a typo, 3% is really bad.

Specs:

I just bought a different 300W system from a different brand, but I have had a (more powerful) phillips home theater system before. Here's what I know:

My phillips sounded pretty good, and if I had not just bought something else last week, I'd probably get this.

Keep in mind that this is a $90 system that includes 6 speakers (including sub) and a blu-ray player. Keep in mind also that it is a total of 300 watts. This may sound good, but it probably won't get very loud. Loud enough for most situations, but if you want intense loud booms that hurt your ears, you're not going to find it in something like this.

This seems like a great bargain for someone looking for a step up from basic TV 2.0 speakers. But it isn't going to compare to the $300+ set that you hook up to a $300+ receiver, so don't expect that.

One key thing that this has that the Sony system I just bought missed (and I didn't even think about since it shouldn't be a question..) is more than one input options - including digital. I really should stop making that mistake, and I'm bummed that I'm not buying these.

ArsenalOfCharm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ArsenalOfCharm

Can anyone tell me if the mount here will work with the tv I got from woot yesterday

http://sellout.woot.com/offers/sanyo-39-1080p-lcd-hdtv-2

thobth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thobth
ArsenalOfCharm wrote:Can anyone tell me if the mount here will work with the tv I got from woot yesterday

http://sellout.woot.com/offers/sanyo-39-1080p-lcd-hdtv-2

The TV specs say:
VESA Hole Pattern: 200 x 200mm
Weight Without Stand: 21.5 lbs

And the mount says:
VESA compatibility: Universal
Maximum load capacity: 66lbs

So, I think so. :p
Though, it is a bigger TV than the mounts listed size class, so your range of pan and tilt on the stand will be more limited.

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom
rgfitz wrote:Probably a typo. I have two of these and they sound fine.

Probably 10w per channel with decent distortion, 50w per channel with 30% THD. Or 3%. Either one is hideous, but since it will just be playing through a bunch of small full-range drivers it won't make much of a difference.

BlackArrow10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BlackArrow10

I'd give it a 6/10. It's a little slow, and not very powerful. With that being said, it's a decent multimedia player, and a great beginners surround sound system. I like mine...but it won't earn my love.