3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

keyholder29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyholder29

Fantastic! Good for you, Woot!

Will these ship to states like NY, NJ and MA?

Or do you need a permit?

lichme

quality posts: 2663 Private Messages lichme

I don't know why, but I would have rather had the sport deal on woot, and the woot deal on sport.

I thought "woot" was reserved for the best deal of the day. Well clearly 56% off is > 50% off (not counting the other sites).

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3124 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Tons of resources for everything Do-all

Longdale

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Longdale

A friend had these, worked well at times, but a .22 has problems moving them, and larger caliber went straight through. Overall, still a fun product if you enjoy shooting.

"That the automobile has practically reached the limit of its development is suggested by the fact that during the past year no improvements of a radical nature have been introduced." (Scientific American January 2, 1909).

carwashthom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carwashthom

This pack is a C note at Gander Mountain. I you have ignored Joe Biden's advice to throw a couple of rounds in the air (Illegal) when you sense an imminent threat to your family, and have a warm fuzzy feeling with a gun in the nightstand, better get in on this one. That pistol is harder to aim than you think... In for one to replace the worn out set. P.S. Please don't kick in my front door.

SuperNinja

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SuperNinja
carwashthom wrote:This pack is a C note at Gander Mountain.

Gander Mountain is a good place to waste some time looking at stuff.
It's not a good place to find low prices though.

steger100

quality posts: 2 Private Messages steger100
keyholder29 wrote:Fantastic! Good for you, Woot!

Will these ship to states like NY, NJ and MA?

Or do you need a permit?

As long as you don't have more then seven I think you would be fine.

Webwoman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Webwoman

Has anyone tried these with 40 S&W rounds? I see one of the reviews on Amazon says those are a no no.

~Webwoman

dsscheibe

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dsscheibe

I'm in, $30 each on Cheaper than Dirt. http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/6-1923351

since when did we have to pay taxes on WooT!? Government sucks.

Webwoman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Webwoman

Just found a review on Bass Pro Shop's website that says they do fine with the 40s....

Webwoman wrote:Has anyone tried these with 40 S&W rounds? I see one of the reviews on Amazon says those are a no no.

~Webwoman

stv6669

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stv6669

Must be nice to have land where you can shoot stuff.

The only stuff I can shoot are `cans..........

brchickery

quality posts: 2 Private Messages brchickery

For the price this sure seems like a no brainer. A safe, durable, moving target? Yes please.

They fire hundreds upon hundreds of rounds at this thing and it just keeps ticking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvGdndOvh_Q

zarchitect

quality posts: 4 Private Messages zarchitect

As long as this thing doesn't bounce around to someplace where the backdrop is not so safe since the shooter is all concentrating on the target and not its reference...

maximumtodd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maximumtodd

Seems dangerous, aren't you inviting a ricochet by shooting at the ground?

bumster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bumster
dsscheibe wrote:I'm in, $30 each on Cheaper than Dirt. http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/6-1923351

Since the beginning for us Texans. ;-)

Now that Amazon owns woot it has a presence in all states I believe.

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud
maximumtodd wrote:Seems dangerous, aren't you inviting a ricochet by shooting at the ground?

There are many places where the "shooting range" is a big open space of land. A little event called the Knob Creek Machine Gun shoot they hold twice a year where you shoot everything (cars, barrels, appliances...), ground included. In my years of shooting, the only time I've seen ricochets is where people were shooting at a rocky surface (concrete included) or thick metal. The target I have like these I toss on the ground, usually in a grass covered area, and shoot at it. Any misses will go into the ground.

These things seem to hold up pretty nice in my experience. I picked up a spinner target like this and shot at it with a variety from 22-45 and it held up. I don't have this set, but it looks to be made of the same stuff.

bbkf wrote:If shooting a gun is a "sport", then now I know why America is the fattest country! let me guess, nascar is a sport too?

running is not a sport?

Go back under your bridge, troll....

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

neonspacecarrot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neonspacecarrot

These look like they would make good dog toys. Wonder how well they would hold up to chewing.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

PRICE CHANGE

You made a wish on a falling star, didn't you? The buyer heard your wish and now the price is falling on these stars.

Small Print: If you already purchased, the difference will fall back in your pockets soonish.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

thomas998

quality posts: 20 Private Messages thomas998

Sounds great if I was wanting to practice shooting a bad guys toes... Frankly I prefer a target as tall as your average mugger.

Coralrives

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Coralrives
dsscheibe wrote:I'm in, $30 each on Cheaper than Dirt. http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/6-1923351

That's for ONE only...

Without awareness-nothing else is...

Coralrives

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Coralrives
Coralrives wrote:That's for ONE only...

But now that I re-read, I think that's what you meant...

Without awareness-nothing else is...

JiggaWagga

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JiggaWagga
thomas998 wrote:Sounds great if I was wanting to practice shooting a bad guys toes... Frankly I prefer a target as tall as your average mugger.

If you can hit this repeatedly from a distance when it moves, you can hit a bad guy in the chest.

lola22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lola22
neonspacecarrot wrote:These look like they would make good dog toys. Wonder how well they would hold up to chewing.

EXACTLY my first thought! I've got a Level 10 Destructor Boxer mix, so I'm always looking for longer-lasting options!

pukeboy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pukeboy

Will these work with a crossbow?

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Inappropriate and gross post. Deleted multiple times for a reason. 48h

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 48 hours and then try posting again.

SerialBeggar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages SerialBeggar

How well would these work as caltrops?

W00tyMcW00tster

quality posts: 3 Private Messages W00tyMcW00tster

In for 3! Errr... 1! Package... Oh, NM.

Kudos to Woot for including us gun-lovers!!!

jnfsu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnfsu

This reminds me of bouncing beer cans down a dirt road with a 12 gauge. I'm guessing these hold up better than beer cans, but it's simple to "create" more beer can targets. Of course, I would never recommend shooting a firearm with 24 hours of consuming any amount of alcohol...oh noooo.

I was disappointed in the lack of movement of the cube-shaped target used in the Youtube video. It pretty much just lay on the ground. I would hope that the ones offered here would move around more easily.

yiftach

quality posts: 2 Private Messages yiftach
jnfsu wrote:I was disappointed in the lack of movement of the cube-shaped target used in the Youtube video. It pretty much just lay on the ground. I would hope that the ones offered here would move around more easily.

Was I the only one who watched that video and tried shooting the target by putting the mouse cursor over it on the screen and clicking?

usanettom

quality posts: 11 Private Messages usanettom

Huh? I'm not sure what this is. I think I better start with the "Amateur" pack instead of going right for the "Pro".

cmacclel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cmacclel
maximumtodd wrote:Seems dangerous, aren't you inviting a ricochet by shooting at the ground?

Yes this is the stupidest thing I've seen in a long time. Every range I go to has specific rules that all targets have to be suspended off the ground as we all know when you shoot at the ground bullets ricochet.

ricka182

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ricka182
bumster wrote:Since the beginning for us Texans. ;-)

Now that Amazon owns woot it has a presence in all states I believe.

Not yet for me.. Massholes still have a few months before Amazon open their local office here, hence bringing on the 6.25% tax, and the drop in my business to all of Amazon and their family of sites.

...i remain, he who remains to be...

wootfast

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wootfast

Staff

If this deal has peaked your interest in law enforcement and your language is salty, enjoy!

mootsman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mootsman

This is going to be fun !!!

jwrebholz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jwrebholz

If the ground is soft dirt, it shouldn't be a problem. If it's peppered with rocks, find a better place to use these.

I have a set of these already and they're great target practice and a lot of fun, too. I will note that they work best when you stick to medium-range calibers (the small stuff won't move them much, and the big stuff will go right through 'em) and you should only use non hollow-point ammo. I'd be all over these if I hadn't just bought a new set 3 days ago...

aoviss

quality posts: 23 Private Messages aoviss

As far as training, this is the most USELESS product imaginable for combat training. You do not shoot an tiny objects on the ground. USCCA or nothing.
Next up; how useless slow-motion martial arts training is against a live subject who wont let you grab their arms or clothes and is fighting you at the same time. STUPID.

KidKobun

quality posts: 6 Private Messages KidKobun

Anyone else feel like this is sort of a strange and in-poor-taste item to be selling while the back 2 school sales are running?

woot! should restrict first time wooters from getting the infamous Bustin' out chainsaws.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

wootfast wrote:If this deal has peaked your interest in law enforcement and your language is salty, enjoy!

what if it piqued my interest?

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

nmchapma

quality posts: 23 Private Messages nmchapma
aoviss wrote:As far as training, this is the most USELESS product imaginable for combat training. You do not shoot an tiny objects on the ground. USCCA or nothing.
Next up; how useless slow-motion martial arts training is against a live subject who wont let you grab their arms or clothes and is fighting you at the same time. STUPID.

You are right, they don't help you get any better at shooting people. However, if you're not paranoid with an irrational need to combat train outside of a military setting you might be happy to hear that these are a heck of a lot of fun. much better than paper targets. Of course they aren't meant for a range but for those of us outside city limits with plenty of space the entertainment value is unmatched.

nmchapma

quality posts: 23 Private Messages nmchapma
KidKobun wrote:Anyone else feel like this is sort of a strange and in-poor-taste item to be selling while the back 2 school sales are running?

No. Absolutly not. I think that is one of the more ridiculous POV's I've heard in a while. I think your insuation is what is in poor taste. How hard do you have to look to find something like that to gym class about?

I've handled guns since I was very young, before school age even. These would have been a great treat as a youngster...but that was before bullets were made of gold.