WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Gucci Gucci Goo

Been thinking of having a baby? Why bother when you could instead get one of these Gucci handbags or wallets? You don't need to feed them, and you don't need to change their diaper -- heck, they don't even wear diapers! They''ll even hold stuff for you like your money and sunglasses so that you don't have to carry them. Let's see a baby do that!

RandyMillerIII

quality posts: 3 Private Messages RandyMillerIII

If you actually spend money on this garbage, you deserve to eat Ramen and have high blood pressure.

bigmommajo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigmommajo

they're selling Gucci on Woot? I don't know which it would be more of a street-cred killer for ...

orchidluvr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages orchidluvr

Perfect place to stash a Bundles of Crayons don't you think?

DarthMaul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DarthMaul

Wow! What a surprise! Zero sales on all the wallets and purses so far. Woot must be testing the waters for attracting non-Woot type folks.

hmmm.

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975

this stuff gives "first sucker" some meaning.

I always did like yardsales.

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman

Jeepers... Quite a few clueless folks around here... I don't understand why there's so much disdain for decent quality purses. These aren't just ordinary purses; these purses have bamboo handles!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

relax, friends!

nobody's forcing you to buy this stuff! you can go look at other things!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

harle85

quality posts: 6 Private Messages harle85

That white handbag is very nice, but it's also 10x what I could afford to pay for it!

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

There's a Gucci edition of the new Fiat minicar, if you can believe it. Saw one the other day with license GUCCI GU.

mesauter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mesauter

And then leave it in a hot car...

orchidluvr wrote:Perfect place to stash a Bundles of Crayons don't you think?

mesauter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mesauter

Whoa! that comment seemed a little snarky for "Staff."

PemberDucky wrote:relax, friends!

ladysoleil

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ladysoleil

Why do I think this is one of the sales where the 3 item limit is not really going to be problematic for anyone?

secretagentjojo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages secretagentjojo

It is, I actually wanted four so now I have to settle for 3 Gucci Diana Bamboo Handle Totes. Saaad Panda.

ladysoleil wrote:Why do I think this is one of the sales where the 3 item limit is not really going to be problematic for anyone?

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
PemberDucky wrote:relax, friends!

Yeah! I mean, the next time someone robs me I want them to take everything out of my wallet, give it back, the run off with the wallet itself. Also, blue leather, you know that has to be from some rare and exotic animal.

Still single, can't imagine why.

finzup

quality posts: 2 Private Messages finzup

many people buy spendy handbags all the time... but these are just ugly and probably a bit over priced for woot. Gucci has some iconic bags but these aren't them. Woot should be selling them for a greater % off , imho.

I've noticed that some people list all their woot purchases in their signature. Me? No way, no how. I don't even want to acknowledge to myself, much less anyone else, just how much $$ I've spent on woot crap since 2006.

battra92

quality posts: 4 Private Messages battra92

As a man who graduated with a business degree and has a firm grasp on supply vs demand, marketing of so-called luxury items and the like, I just cannot wrap my head around the idea of a purse that cost as much my first car. I guess what it comes down to is that I don't see the added value

On the plus side, these look much nicer than the ones with the gigantic logos that women carry to try to elevate their status with.

canosbass5

quality posts: 4 Private Messages canosbass5

LOL...you may as well remove the "OR until sold out" disclaimer....ain't gonna happen!

slamberto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slamberto

I guess that depends on how many they have. Gucci has amazing quality so if you can afford it, this is probably a good deal. Most people just cannot afford Gucci.

canosbass5 wrote:LOL...you may as well remove the "OR until sold out" disclaimer....ain't gonna happen!

vmforrest

quality posts: 8 Private Messages vmforrest
mesauter wrote:Whoa! that comment seemed a little snarky for "Staff."

Agreed!

dlsspm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dlsspm
battra92 wrote:As a man who graduated with a business degree and has a firm grasp on supply vs demand, marketing of so-called luxury items and the like, I just cannot wrap my head around the idea of a purse that cost as much my first car. I guess what it comes down to is that I don't see the added value

On the plus side, these look much nicer than the ones with the gigantic logos that women carry to try to elevate their status with.

I feel the same about my male friends' $10k-50k watches.

stunna735

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stunna735
dlsspm wrote:I feel the same about my male friends' $10k-50k watches.

Swoop there it is.

slamberto wrote:Gucci has amazing quality so if you can afford it, this is probably a good deal. Most people just cannot afford Gucci.

True. And most people who can afford this won't buy it.
----

It's not really a matter of this being a good deal (these seem like ugly models but I like where woot! is going[expanding]).

The people who have this design-ier stuff who can't afford suffer from lack of self confidence and try to get a boost.

Many wooters may have some time for self reflection to see if you have shopping addiction (Hello- you're on a shopping site looking at the Gucci forum). A shopping addiction won't satiate your empty soul's appetite [only God can].

missles9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages missles9

I would love to have a Gucci bag. Unfortunately, I am all too aware that one of these bags would cost the same as three or four plane trips. For now, I will continue to gaze longingly and wish I could afford a Gucci bag.

I'm glad they're on woot, just wish I could afford it.

SCIronMike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SCIronMike

I ordered one for my wife. She really loves the looks of the red Diana shoulder bag. The price is actually quite good compared to going to the Gucci store or going to a local department store. I like that Woot occasionally has some higher end items.

conhopper

quality posts: 19 Private Messages conhopper

Literally three items were sold during the course of this entire sale thus far.

Gucci is great, don't get me wrong, but you'll need to discount far more than just 35% to move the brand with this target audience. I'm surprised this was even attempted.

derp

hhumbert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hhumbert

You come to Woot for the bargains. You stay for the snarky staff. Fact.

Woot-elk: (n) someone who has more woots than posts on woot.com

* 17 Woots starting on 2/21/2006, latest woot: 12/6/2006
* Total boxes of crayons: 0/3 attempts
* Worst woot purchased: Mediocre 4x15 Binoculars - 2 Pack
* Best woot: Cleveland HiBore Titanium Driver

LaurenR0x

quality posts: 3 Private Messages LaurenR0x

these handbags aren't great looking. i mean...bamboo handles remind me of the Golden Girls. i am willing to buy high end stuff, though.

manhandsha

quality posts: 31 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

LaurenR0x wrote:these handbags aren't great looking. i mean...bamboo handles remind me of the Golden Girls. i am willing to buy high end stuff, though.

Who didn't love the Golden Girls, though?

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

slinkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slinkey

You might like this in white.
http://www.wilsonsleather.com/product/index.jsp?productId=20344166&cp=2446812.11529824&fpricesort=priceAscending&filter=yes&fCat=11529824&parentPage=family

harle85 wrote:That white handbag is very nice, but it's also 10x what I could afford to pay for it!

dnsmit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dnsmit

I am gonna buy two and resell them.

DarthMaul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DarthMaul

Those aren't watches, they are timepieces.

pauzhaan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pauzhaan

I work in a resort area. I'm here to tell you about the $250,000. watches. Not to even mention the $100,000. handbags. Hell, if someone would just toss me one of their old bags I could sell it on e-bay and pay off both kids' student loans and still buy a car with less that 100,000 miles on it.

Long time Wooter. Never got a Bunch of Clipping Not one.

helen4h4ndb4sket

quality posts: 0 Private Messages helen4h4ndb4sket

why aren't any of these sold out??? ;)

SunnyLea0

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SunnyLea0

Considering how long you've been here, I'm... surprised this is surprising to you.

hcsencsi

quality posts: 13 Private Messages hcsencsi

nvm

Booger Face