WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Superhero movies: enough already?
  • 22.3% - Yes, please, I'm begging you, no more 736
  • 48.1% - I like the good ones, but we don't need so many 1587
  • 29.6% - No way! More more more! 979
3302 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

MORE, BUT BETTER.

Seriously...

The Shadow needs a redux. Badly. I liked the attempt until the faux opium trip.

I've heard "The Wolverine" is great in comparison to recent X-Men attempts.

I've heard a few people say that they'd like a live-action "Death of Superman".

What looks viable after Pacific Rim is a Live-Action Neon Genesis Evangelion - which is less about superheroes and more about anti-heros. But DBZ was SUCH a tragedy that I'm kind of terrified of any "Americanized" version of anything else that they may attempt.

I think the Avengers movies are happy and fluffy so far, but I haven't gotten around to seeing the "Agents of SHIELD" series that I've heard is/will be on the air.

Iron Man made me lulz. Thor made me lulz more. Iron Man + Hulk + Thor = Uber-lulz #thorsday

I didn't bother with the newer Spider Man movie. I should have, but I didn't.

Of course, I will be looked down upon as being a casual fan. And will wear the mantle proudly.

SumDuud

quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud

It is sad when the companies (eg. Sony) would rather put out bad movies so they don't lose the rights to the character, than let a good movie get made. There are too many characters currently locked up because someone owns the rights and doesn't want to let someone else make a good movie. I like the good ones, I don't get out to too many movies, so if I go I want to not be disappointed.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

HomerTime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HomerTime
Moueska wrote:
I've heard "The Wolverine" is great in comparison to recent X-Men attempts.

I actually thought 2011's X-Men First Class (the most recent X-Men movie) was the best of any of them. FWIW, it also garners the highest score of any X-Men film on both IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes.

toasterbicycle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages toasterbicycle

I picked "more" because I try to avoid fence-sitting options. Obviously the quality of a few of them is suspect but it's a lot better than the early 2000s overall.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 31 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Hey
What about:
Squirrel Girl?
Captain Nice?
Captain Canuck?
Doorman?

mwright86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwright86

I think i just really want super power's.

Can't get enough of bad superhero movie's.