Search Amazon Search Google

Sinitron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sinitron

lichme

quality posts: 2836 Private Messages lichme

Take a look at the Product Page and a single review from NewEgg

Kanabis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kanabis

Can't be worse than the sound on the 42" Vizio my parents got on Black Friday last year. I'm there often enough I guess it'll be a cheap gift

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3452 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

A single solid review (4 out of 5 stars) over at bestbuy.com

brsdg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages brsdg

this is probably good for a computer monitor setup or second TV for Kids room.

But for your "main" TV? I would get something better.

mateonarayan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mateonarayan

Oh My Failing Grades! I can relate to this ad so thoroughly that I absolutely must purchase the sound bar. The following line expressly captures my sentiment (emph-a-sis conveyed by consumant quotations added): "Paul and Chad-Michael are roommates. When Chad-Michael lost his job hosting vodka-tasting events, he was unable to pay the rent for "en" entire month."

jessicaburger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessicaburger

Will it work with a TV that's smaller then 40"

nanaejt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt
Kanabis wrote:Can't be worse than the sound on the 42" Vizio my parents got on Black Friday last year. I'm there often enough I guess it'll be a cheap gift

I can almost feel your love for mom and dad !

guyniraxn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guyniraxn

Great price but lack of an optical input is a deal breaker for me.

jessicaburger wrote:Will it work with a TV that's smaller then 40"

It will work but be noticeably wider than the TV it sits in front of.

cage017

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cage017

How is this in comparison to the Pinnacle soundbar for $129 at sellout.woot?

I've been looking for a wireless soundbar to use on the 32 inch Sharp Aquos in my bedroom. $50 seems like a great price.

alexei27

quality posts: 9 Private Messages alexei27

So, what does the audio cable that comes with it look like? Red/yellow plugs on on end and a 3.5mm plug on the other?

...tryin to reason with hurricane season...

fevans1980

quality posts: 6 Private Messages fevans1980

The 3.5mm input makes it a great choice for those of you who want to watch Hollywood's finest on your Zune.

mdrcoast

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast
guyniraxn wrote:Great price but lack of an optical input is a deal breaker for me.

It will work but be noticeably wider than the TV it sits in front of.

I don't think your going to find a sound bar with an optical input for this price (if it did I would be all over it) but the lack of even RCA jacks just seems ridiculous. I am sure my TV has a 3.5mm output somewhere, just never thought to look for it. Still, gets pretty good reviews for those that use it.

ionphoenix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ionphoenix

3.5mm i think i'd rather get a 7.1 logitech surround..

or this
http://www.woot.com/offers/soundbar-cinema-speakers-2

wichtel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wichtel

be sure to check your TV's audio OUTPUTS! I was shocked when I discovered my Toshiba 46WX800U has only ONE AUDIO OUTPUT - optical/TosLink. That's it; good for a home theater, bad for anything else. Tons of connectors: HDMIs, SD card, USBs, LAN, composite, component, etc. but ONLY ONE AUDIO OUTPUT. whodathunk to ever check that? Even my 5 year old Sony has a headphone jack! Reading on the web, this seems like a trend - must be a conspiracy!

WootMeister2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WootMeister2000

Only has a 3.5mm input? Hmmm, might be worth buying as an external speaker for my mp3 player, really annoy my coworkers. :-)

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn
guyniraxn wrote:Great price but lack of an optical input is a deal breaker for me.

It's a 50 buck 20 watt external speaker!

"Sound bar" is to speakers as "hydration" is to water.

You get what you pay for.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

klacour

quality posts: 17 Private Messages klacour

With a single 3.5mm input, this is really nothing more that a simple upgrade to your TVs built in speakers, IF your TV has a 3.5mm output. Otherwise, as someone noted above, it's really nothing more than an external speaker for an mp3 playe or PC. High marks on amazon for sound quality.

A woot minion since 2006 ...

Dartman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Dartman

I bought a CHEAP Coby with a wireless sub from Best Buy when they were blowing them out and I'd highly recommend a small sub, but this guy appears to have pretty nice tweeters in it so as long as you aren't expecting a lot better bass to go with it this would make many users happy. Anything just about is better then the speakers most thin flat panels use these days anyways. My old big CRT set had a small sub built in to the cabinet so I really missed the extra bass it had compared to my new thin set so I made sure to get a small sub with mine.
I have a big 7.1 system all hooked up but don't want to waste the electricity and heat the house when I just want to watch some regular TV.

bennettsteve

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bennettsteve
klacour wrote:With a single 3.5mm input, this is really nothing more that a simple upgrade to your TVs built in speakers, IF your TV has a 3.5mm output. Otherwise, as someone noted above, it's really nothing more than an external speaker for an mp3 playe or PC. High marks on amazon for sound quality.

It will also work if your TV has RCA audio out jacks. All you need is an RCA to 3.5" stereo cable, available for less than 5 bucks on that big auction site.

khickman2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khickman2

I should have paid more attention to the connections on the back. The Sharp HT-SB20 only has a single 3.5mm jack for audio input. My TV only has a digital optical output for audio. I can get a converter as a workaround but that's another 25.00. Get what you pay for I guess.

BillThePoet

quality posts: 9 Private Messages BillThePoet

Wow this has set the new gold standard of mediocrity. I had an L-R RCA to 3.5 plug handy to covert my Vizio audio out to this thing, so no financial pain to connect.

Honestly, separately it was hard to distinguish between the tinny and thin sound out of my Viz and the slightly less tinny but still very thin sound of the Sharp thingy.

I fiddled with the settings, and driving both the TV and soundbar simultaneously are not bad for standard TV front-forward sound -- News, sitcoms, sports.

Bottom line: with this thing the sound is about as good as the old high-end Sony or Panasonic CRT TVs with 2 or 4 built-in stereo speakers. To be fair, for this price and simple connection philosophy, that's acceptable.

Stay away if you think you'll get anything approaching "rich" or "full."

rocknjames

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rocknjames

AWESOMENESS!!!!

carriewet68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carriewet68

I bought this and tried to hook it up to my new RCA tv and it doesn't work. I bought a Y audio adapter at Walmart and hooked it up and it still doesn't work. Any suggestions? I don't know what I am doing wrong. Do I need to change the settings on the tv? Please help!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 157 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

carriewet68 wrote:I bought this and tried to hook it up to my new RCA tv and it doesn't work. I bought a Y audio adapter at Walmart and hooked it up and it still doesn't work. Any suggestions? I don't know what I am doing wrong. Do I need to change the settings on the tv? Please help!

Sorry for the late reply and to hear that you're experiencing issues with your purchase.

I recommend that you contact Sharp Customer Support to see if they can help remedy the issue.

If you're unable to resolve the issue, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.
They'll be able to answer any questions or concerns you may have.