quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Flip-flops belong:
  • 27% - Anywhere I feel like wearing them 506
  • 26.8% - Outside the office, but otherwise, wherever 501
  • 22.3% - At the beach or in the backyard 418
  • 23.8% - In the trash 446
1871 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Bobbb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bobbb

In the trash unless your a monk!

kslynch62

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kslynch62

First, define flip-flops. Sandals made of leather are shoes. Flip-flops in my definition have foam rubber or plastic soles and a thong between the toes.

Mainecat

mytdawg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mytdawg

Wouldn't be caught dead in flip flops or Crocs. And my style of dress is somewhere between white trash and homeless. I still wouldn't wear either.

rygargamel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rygargamel

Wearing flip flops at the office right now.

HomerTime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HomerTime

I registered an emphatic "in the trash", but I don't have any issue with the aesthetics of flip-flops. I just find the things incredibly uncomfortable, while comfort is supposedly one of their main selling points. I can't understand how anyone can stand having them on their feet more than a few minutes.

goddess8681

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goddess8681

What's wrong with the flop? I don't understand all the hatred toward a footwear choice!

dymongoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dymongoose

This is by far the closest poll I've ever seen. Wow.

Whitewind

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Whitewind

What a beautiful distribution of votes.

kuntakinte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kuntakinte

I live in the Northwest... flip flop headquarters if you ask me. I've seen folks here wear them to weddings. That's disrespectful in my opinion. (unless its that kind of wedding) Keep the floppy floppies at the house or beach.

jdiggidy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jdiggidy

I'm tired of the ladies in my office wearing glorified flippity floppities at work. "Oh look, it has a cheap plastic flower glued to it, it must be a dress shoe!" Us dudes have to wear nice shoes, so should you.

Don't Panic.

tigertoes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tigertoes

I live in Houston ... it's either flip flops or cowboy boots. Both are the glass slippers of Texas. Wondering what state has the highest sales of Yellow Box "flip flops"????

siryn79

quality posts: 2 Private Messages siryn79
mytdawg wrote:Wouldn't be caught dead in flip flops or Crocs. And my style of dress is somewhere between white trash and homeless. I still wouldn't wear either.

croc flip flops are incredibly comfortable. and incredibly ugly. i wear them every day =)

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining

They are nice to wear at the beach. Keeps you from stepping on glass,etc.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3537 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

In the trash. Besides the fact I cant stand to hear the sound of them, as a supervisor I see my employees come in all the time in them and all I can think is what kind of injuries they can potentially get wearing them while on the clock. I finally had to speak with one employee because he felt so comfortable with them on, he decided he could slip them off while at the desk. Problem is, he would forget to put them back on when he would get up.