T7 $21.99 + shipping
P7 $24.99 + shipping

Amazon:

Tac Torch $35.02
T7 $30.12
P7 $26.35

jeffiekins

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jeffiekins

Meh. If you're looking for a cute little flashlight that's very well behaved and quite bright, get one of these.

If you're looking for something bright enough to use for a weapon (on high, anyway), then get something with a 16340 (123-size, higher voltage) or 18650 (similar but twice as long) battery.

I keep a tiny (lipstick-sized) 16340 torch in my pocket, a bit over 200 lumens, and my wife keeps a (small handheld-sized) 18650 torch in her purse, around 500 lumens. (They're both rated much higher, but that's about what they put out.)

You can get either flashlight, with 2 rechargeable batteries and a charger, for about $20 (incl. shipping) from several websites in Hong Kong.

They'll be less well-finished than these, but will work well. And, seriously, dangerously bright.

I'm supposed to buy something? But we're having so much fun with things as they are, I don't want to ruin it!
Purchases: 18 / 11 (nobody cares what, so I won't tell you);
Brownies of Cannabis: 1 / 12 (Thanks, Wootalyzer! -- would it help if I called them something else?).

flynhghr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flynhghr

Is there a big difference between the T7 and the P7? I have the T7 from the last deal and absolutely love it, but was thinking I should keep one on my go pack and one in the car. The P7 is more expensive, but why? The specs don't look all that different.

The P7 is lighter, has the same lumen specs and the same Focusing. It doesn't list the battery endurance for the P7, but I would imagine it's similar due to same batteries and LED/Lens setup.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3812 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's read some additional info on the P7 over at ledlenser.com

conanthelibrarian

Great reviews (4.7 out of 5.0) on the P7 over at amazon

conanthelibrarian

Check out the comments when the P7 and T7 were offered in July

also check out when the P7 was offered on it's own in May

DBoulant

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DBoulant

My department switched over to LedLenser flashlights a few years ago, they work great, a lot of light and long life out of the 3x aaa batteries.

mybestuser1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybestuser1

I bought the T7 a while back from woot and it is one of the highest quality flashlights I own. Most of the Chinese non brand name flash lights I own have severe quality control problems and bad design.

Nothing is free but if you are lucky it can be inexpensive.

morninglark

quality posts: 23 Private Messages morninglark

If anyone out there is as confused as I was about choosing the best flightlight for your needs, here's a link to a guide that clearly explains the types and uses. It includes a glossary.
[url]http://www.opticsplanet.com/howto/how-to-choose-a-flashlight-understanding-differe.html[\url]

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

CREE XML-T6 1,800-Lumen 5-Mode LED Flashlight for $10 + free shipping
Pombomall via eBay offers this CREE XML-T6 1,800-Lumen 5-Mode LED Flashlight for $9.99 with free shipping. That's $4 under our May mention and the best price we've seen for CREE XML-T6 1,800-lumen flashlight. (It's a current price low for a comparable flashlight by $4.) It's equipped with a Cree XM-L T6 LED bulb and features an aluminum alloy body. Three AAA batteries are required, but not included.

GlobalT38

quality posts: 1 Private Messages GlobalT38

Hmmmm... Lazy day at the office Woot!? Lots of folks call in sick!? :-)

flynhghr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flynhghr

I'm thinking that I understand the difference. The T7 (tactical) shows a modular switch with boost, full, low and off switch. It also has a visibly beefier housing meant for mounting to a firearm.

The P7 has a simpler switch just High, Low, Off. However, it's housing is less thick as it doesn't need to handle the abuse of recoil and such.

To me, though, why would you pay 4$ more for a quarter of an ounce of less material and a simpler switch?

allanmarcus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allanmarcus
flynhghr wrote:I'm thinking that I understand the difference. The T7 (tactical) shows a modular switch with boost, full, low and off switch. It also has a visibly beefier housing meant for mounting to a firearm.

The P7 has a simpler switch just High, Low, Off. However, it's housing is less thick as it doesn't need to handle the abuse of recoil and such.

To me, though, why would you pay 4$ more for a quarter of an ounce of less material and a simpler switch?

If you want lighter and easier.

pg318

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pg318

Nice that the guy eventually turns out to be a flashlight, because a lifelong love affair with a battery operated device would be a little weird...

syph424

quality posts: 0 Private Messages syph424

Batteries included?! That changes everything!

pukeboy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pukeboy

I can only seem to select multiples of the same item, what if I want one of each?

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Inappropriate and gross post. Deleted multiple times for a reason. 48h

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 48 hours and then try posting again.

erangel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erangel
pukeboy wrote:I can only seem to select multiples of the same item, what if I want one of each?

I guess you can add one of each type and they will all appear in your cart.

paradise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paradise

I have a lot of small LED flashlights but the Tac Torch I bought here a while back has become the one I always choose. The combination lens/reflector movement to focus the beam seemed gimmicky to me but now that I have it, it works great. It is the most versatile pocket flashlight I own. (Note: good for jacket pocket or temporarliy in large pants pocket. It's too big to carry around all the time in my pants pocket.)

The quality is also very good and I'm still on the first set of AAA batteries after a few months of on and off use. They have lasted longer than I expected.

I haven't dropped or otherwise banged up my Tac Torch so can't really say about reliability.

I'm going to get either the T7 or P7 now...or maybe both.

pukeboy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pukeboy
erangel wrote:I guess you can add one of each type and they will all appear in your cart.

You are correct. I'm still used to the old way of getting 3 selection drop-down menus when choosing "3" for quantity.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Inappropriate and gross post. Deleted multiple times for a reason. 48h

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 48 hours and then try posting again.

LumpyOne

quality posts: 3 Private Messages LumpyOne

I bought the T7 a few weeks ago, and it's awesome. It's amazingly bright, and the focusing works really well. I was actually really surprised, because I figured the focusing was just a gimmick, but it's great. I was able to make a really small beam to shine into my son's mouth when we adjusted his expander (precursor to braces), and then make a nice wide beam for the back yard at night.

Not only are batteries included, it comes with TWO sets of batteries.

Would buy again!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

erangel wrote:I guess you can add one of each type and they will all appear in your cart.

sorry for the delayed response from Staff, but yes, this is the best way to do it.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

TGPhilly666

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TGPhilly666

I've looked for differences between the P7 and T7 for some time. As far as I can tell, the T7's shape appears more conducive for mounting on a rifle, hence the T may stand for Tactical. So they're the same guts with a different case, one intended for mounting, the other for handheld use.

Both my brother and mother are both severely visually impaired and LED Lenser flashlights, mostly the P7 and M7, to help them navigate. These are incredibly powerful, well-built, and reliable flashlights.

If you intend to use any of these on a regular basis I highly recommend investing in some quality rechargeable batteries. There is a penalty for carrying a light cannon in your hand and that penalty is that they eat batteries.

meghano1989

quality posts: 5 Private Messages meghano1989

It's good to see that these are coming with duracell batteries now. The "LED Lenser" brand batteries that came with the flashlights that I bought last year leaked in both flashlights even though I use them regularly.

mdsllc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdsllc

I got 3 T7's last time these were on Woot. Mine gets super hot! I can hardly hold it after awhile. I like the Fenix L2D. More expensive, but never gets hot and much smaller (about 1/3 the size, same length). Has flashing ability also.

dviglino

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dviglino

Bought one of these on a previous woot. It's a fairly bright flashlight, and has little weight. I put it on my belt when I probably won't need a flashlight (in the day).

You might think that a flashlight you carry hoping you don't need one is no flashlight at all, but I don't carry it at night because it's not rechargable.