WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Lots of HDTVs

You can have a lot of TVs and think you're set as far as owning TVs goes, but then we must ask you, do you have a TV that looks like an apple? How about one that looks like a football? No? Maybe you don't have all the TVs you need, after all!

mossygreen

quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen

You know, I should be sad I missed the bag on the woot-themed side sale, but I saw the apple-shaped tv first, and now that's all I can think about.

CyborgBill

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CyborgBill

I noticed that most of the items for sale are either "refurbished" or "factory reconditioned". What sort of warranty is included with those items? I have no beef with either of those conditions, mind you, I just wonder about warranty.

mossygreen

quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen
CyborgBill wrote:I noticed that most of the items for sale are either "refurbished" or "factory reconditioned". What sort of warranty is included with those items? I have no beef with either of those conditions, mind you, I just wonder about warranty.

Looks like it depends on the product; some are the company, some are woot, none seem to be longer than 90 days (some less). Just scroll down to the bottom, that's where the info usually is. All seem to have Square Trade available, if you're worried.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

CyborgBill wrote:I noticed that most of the items for sale are either "refurbished" or "factory reconditioned". What sort of warranty is included with those items? I have no beef with either of those conditions, mind you, I just wonder about warranty.

The warranty is listed at the bottom of the features for each item.

A "factory reconditioned" item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It's as close to new as you can get without technically being "new".

Refurbished means the work was done by a third party and usually carries a 90-day Woot warranty.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

CyborgBill

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CyborgBill
ThunderThighs wrote:The warranty is listed at the bottom of the features for each item.

A "factory reconditioned" item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It's as close to new as you can get without technically being "new".

Refurbished means the work was done by a third party and usually carries a 90-day Woot warranty.

My thanks to both mossygreen and ThunderThighs for answering my question. I guess I just hadn't read down far enough.

CB

granstaff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages granstaff

I just got two of these last week for $299 each. Now they are $269. Hummmmm

idz21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idz21
granstaff wrote:I just got two of these last week for $299 each. Now they are $269. Hummmmm

Check if the CC you used has a price protection benefit. If so, phone in a claim and they will cut you a check for the difference.

ThunderThighs

Staff

granstaff wrote:I just got two of these last week for $299 each. Now they are $269. Hummmmm

I don't see the TV you bought in this sale. The model numbers are different. Titles are the same but not the model number.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dsspro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsspro

I see the Samsung UN46ES7500 46" 1080p 3D LED Shows on the Specs that it has 840 clear motion rate..Geez I thought 240 was max for LED at this time...Cool

Backpack o' Crap? Dec 21 2013
Bag o' Crap Crapmas Day 5 Dec 7 2013
Bag o' Crap LXXIII: Crapvengers May 11,2011
Bag o’ Crap LXII: Crapril Showers Dec 1,2010

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

dsspro wrote:I see the Samsung UN46ES7500 46" 1080p 3D LED Shows on the Specs that it has 840 clear motion rate..Geez I thought 240 was max for LED at this time...Cool

The specs on the Samsung site give the same listing:
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN46ES7500FXZA-specs

hdugas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hdugas

Does the Philips 40PFL4706 40" 1080p LED HDTV with NetTV & MediaConnect have WiFi capability? or does it require an ethernet cable for internet connectivity?
There are no ethernet drops in my apartment.

ThunderThighs

Staff

hdugas wrote:Does the Philips 40PFL4706 40" 1080p LED HDTV with NetTV & MediaConnect have WiFi capability? or does it require an ethernet cable for internet connectivity?
There are no ethernet drops in my apartment.

Here's the manual. Everything we see says it has built-in wireless.

FORUM MODERATOR

lroller

quality posts: 15 Private Messages lroller

Just bought the "new" Samsung 46 Smart TV. I believe it's a 2012 model, but it is still for sale at Samsung and Amazon. Would have liked a larger screen, but the seating distance to TV console is short. I also bought the Samsung Evolution kit from Amazon. All told I spent less than $1200 and have a TV set-up that would retail for at least $500 to $700 more. The Evolution Kit brings the interface up to Samsung's 2013 app offerings and all those going forward. The only difference I can see over the same 2013 model is this one has a CMR of 840 vs 960 and it might be slightly thicker. YES!!!

npbrusich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npbrusich

Just let out my first ever "Woot!" It felt good. Real good. Like 'Thanksgiving dinner with extra stuffing' good.

marked97

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marked97

Does anyone know how to find the mediaconnect code for the Philips tv's?

elvenraistlin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elvenraistlin

Was just looking at "Stuff You Bought" and noticed that the TV I bought was supposed to come with the screws used for the stand. Mine did not come with any screws. Luckily, we had some around that actually fit so I could use my TV. Not really complaining, I'd just like to point it out.

http://www.woot.com/offers/vizio-24-1080p-led-hdtv-5