WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Onkyo 7.2 Receiver w/ Bluetooth & Wi-Fi

Speed to First Woot:
9m 52.885s
First Sucker:
12ft8
Last Wooter to Woot:
dinomd
Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 43% of Woot.com Woots
Top 35% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 37% of Woot.com Woots
Top 33% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 14% first woot
  • 6% second woot
  • 24% < 10 woots
  • 17% < 25 woots
  • 39% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 13% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 3% one month old
  • 5% one year old
  • 79% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 100% bought 1

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
9%
4%
11%
8%
11%
9%
7%
11%
12%
18%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


toddlamp


quality posts: 2 Private Messages toddlamp
phopho wrote:whut duh?



I was thinking the same thing. I hope I still get my Sony Google TV thingy.

TheRaven


quality posts: 10 Private Messages TheRaven

I guess the Sony NSZ-GS7 sold out.

Here's a link to previous comments on this Onkyo A/V Receiver.

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5524276&pageindex=1

webdev511


quality posts: 38 Private Messages webdev511

Really love the Audessey feature. calibrating the speaker output for the room makes a HUGE difference.

middlehead


quality posts: 4 Private Messages middlehead

Oooh, connections for two subs. I could really make my neighbors hate me.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

toddlamp wrote:I was thinking the same thing. I hope I still get my Sony Google TV thingy.

If you got a confirmation email on your order, you are good to go. You can also look in STUFF YOU BOUGHT at the top right of the page.

And yes, we did sell out.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pg318


quality posts: 2 Private Messages pg318
middlehead wrote:Oooh, connections for two subs. I could really make my neighbors hate me.



Fortunately my neighbors are about a quarter mile away, but they can probably still hear my 7.1 Onkyo system rattling the windows...

8Complex


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 8Complex

Ok, can't find any info on this model. Is this an old model? It doesn't seem to be sold anywhere other than here...

pg318


quality posts: 2 Private Messages pg318
8Complex wrote:Ok, can't find any info on this model. Is this an old model? It doesn't seem to be sold anywhere other than here...



It's an exclusive - http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5492419

davevpi


quality posts: 1 Private Messages davevpi

I have a receiver that is over a decade old and there was no such thing as HDMI when it came out. I have a cable box, blu ray player, and xBox all hooked up directly to the TV and then the TV connects to the receiver.

If I were to buy this receiver and run everything through it and then to the TV, is the sound quality going to improve or is it a wash? (I have an okay, but not spectacular speaker system ... $400 range.)

I'm assuming that the receiver's wifi doesn't do airplay or whatever the Android equivalent of that is does it?

SJSteinberg


quality posts: 1 Private Messages SJSteinberg
8Complex wrote:Ok, can't find any info on this model. Is this an old model? It doesn't seem to be sold anywhere other than here...



Here's the product page from Onkyo:
http://us.onkyo.com/Products/model.php?m=HT-RC560&class=Receiver

jnjsutton


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnjsutton
davevpi wrote:I have a receiver that is over a decade old and there was no such thing as HDMI when it came out. I have a cable box, blu ray player, and xBox all hooked up directly to the TV and then the TV connects to the receiver.

If I were to buy this receiver and run everything through it and then to the TV, is the sound quality going to improve or is it a wash? (I have an okay, but not spectacular speaker system ... $400 range.)

I'm assuming that the receiver's wifi doesn't do airplay or whatever the Android equivalent of that is does it?



You will get full surround and notice a drastic improvement!

iloveketchup


quality posts: 0 Private Messages iloveketchup

I don't know a thing about electronics, but I do know my husband complains about needing a new receiver, we currently have an Onkyo that is at least ten years old. We have a mess of cables going everywhere and I really want to clean that up. I want to surprise my husband with this thing but I don't know... well I don't know anything about this stuff. I just got a new laptop and it does this thing where you can do a wireless HDMI thing from the laptop to the tv, but my husband says our Onkyo doesn't do that kind of thing. Does this receiver do that kind of thing? Thank you in advance to anyone willing to help me!

kunzp


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kunzp
iloveketchup wrote:I don't know a thing about electronics, but I do know my husband complains about needing a new receiver, we currently have an Onkyo that is at least ten years old. We have a mess of cables going everywhere and I really want to clean that up. I want to surprise my husband with this thing but I don't know... well I don't know anything about this stuff. I just got a new laptop and it does this thing where you can do a wireless HDMI thing from the laptop to the tv, but my husband says our Onkyo doesn't do that kind of thing. Does this receiver do that kind of thing? Thank you in advance to anyone willing to help me!



Yes. You will probably need a few extra hdmi cables to hook up your existing dvd/cablebox/tv/gamebox/whatsits to this.

You will want to check that your TV has an HDMI input, and that the above equipment has HDMI outputs, since the biggest advantage is switching everything to HDMI.

Jaxidian


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Jaxidian
iloveketchup wrote:I just got a new laptop and it does this thing where you can do a wireless HDMI thing from the laptop to the tv, but my husband says our Onkyo doesn't do that kind of thing. Does this receiver do that kind of thing?



I have a feeling it won't be directly supported without you buying an additional piece of hardware. That additional component would likely plug into this receiver though.

We need to know more about what your "wireless HDMI thing" is. Does it have a name or is there anything else you can tell us about it?

BigRob77


quality posts: 1 Private Messages BigRob77

I want one of these sooo bad. Just no money. Sorry I can't help Woot!

cikatriz


quality posts: 3 Private Messages cikatriz

Noooooooo! I was waiting to buy the portable speaker as soon as I got off work! I'm totally crushed

mrln


quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrln
Jaxidian wrote:I have a feeling it won't be directly supported without you buying an additional piece of hardware. That additional component would likely plug into this receiver though.

We need to know more about what your "wireless HDMI thing" is. Does it have a name or is there anything else you can tell us about it?



I know very little about any of this, and I'm not the OP, but it sounds like WiDi (that is correctly a d and not an f).

AFAIK, no receiver has it built in. Although, I could easily be wrong, since it seems a lot of devices that apparently work with WiDi don't use the term in the product's title or description. My impression though is that you typically send the laptop's WiDi signal directly to an adapter or a TV that has WiDi built in. Whether that's passed on to the receiver or not or processed properly so the receiver can handle it, I have no clue--I'm worthless that way.

extech01


quality posts: 3 Private Messages extech01
mrln wrote:I know very little about any of this, and I'm not the OP, but it sounds like WiDi (that is correctly a d and not an f).

AFAIK, no receiver has it built in. Although, I could easily be wrong, since it seems a lot of devices that apparently work with WiDi don't use the term in the product's title or description. My impression though is that you typically send the laptop's WiDi signal directly to an adapter or a TV that has WiDi built in. Whether that's passed on to the receiver or not or processed properly so the receiver can handle it, I have no clue--I'm worthless that way.



fyi, I believe widi is an intel based (fairly newer) architecture that will display your pc on your tv thru an adapter (like belkin) that would connect via hdmi to the receiver. If your pc has a different processor (like amd) I believe your out of luck. I would check more on this. I bought one of the first pc's with that intel chipset (you are right very little info) and had a hard time getting it to work with the dell pc- in fact I still have the belkin adapter and gave up on it- I'm sure things are better now and I just use the home network to access anything on the pc-

tbar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages tbar

How come I can't ctrl C from this damned box? I just typed this twice! Goint to type it in word this time and see iff ctrl v works better.

I sprung for this for the Zone 2, Bluetooth and 2 HDMI outputs it offers. I also love the sound of Onkyo since I brought one home from the Saigon BX in 1972. I had another Onkyo a few years back but it died so was glad to see this one come up again. Crossed fingers on the overheating and HDMI board issues. I will keep my Yamaha just in case.
This is a beast so don’t think installation will be easy. Worth the effort – yep! Easy – only if you have no need for it.

I run a set of four Epiphany Sonic Storms for the corners of the room, 2 Bose 901’s for the fat in the front channels, 2 powered subs for the boom, Atlantic Technology FS3200 center and 2 Bose 505’s for the patio. Audessey made speaker setup easy and they all sound great. Next for the source setup.

AT&T Uverse for TV and sports, ROKU and AppleTV for stored library and Netflix, Sirius radio in a house dock for easy music, Pogoplug on the net for MP3’s (sux may go with a notebook), and Samsung BluRay for DVD’s. Not an easy setup. I got the Onkyo in Thursday afternoon and have worked on this setup off on since. Finally got it right a couple of hours ago.
You will need the PDF files on the DVD that comes with the package and you will need to print out some of the more useful pages – handy for notes.
The difficult part is matching analog source to inputs. HDMI is easy, but read plug patterns before having to do them twice. I didn’t! Bluetooth was easy! Had that working right away as with network. No issues there. Zone 2 however requires a switch set in setup that I couldn’t find in the manual. Googled that one and it is known so Zone 2 works just fine. TV in the den, 60’s on 6 on the patio at the same time WOOT! Pretty easy matching analog sources too as long as you don’t want to know how it actually does it. It just does. The processing system in the box does a wonderful job of making everything connect and that is a lot better than the last Onkyo I had. I had to reprogram that everytime I got a power flux. Onkyo, I hope you have fixed that. I was almost glad when my old unit died!
I hope this is informative and helps someone – either in the decision or the install. If you can use it, buy it – the price is right and it is a really neat box. Good luck. I did it and I’m an old fart!

billgroome


quality posts: 0 Private Messages billgroome

Everything was working fine and then it started turning itself off. Now it will not stay on at all. Anybody else have this problem?

vervectic


quality posts: 1 Private Messages vervectic

Anyone know if there would be any problem running wireless speakers through the Zone 2 output? I'm hoping to use that for speakers on our front porch/deck without running cables all over the house.
Also, any MAC compatibility issues anyone has run into?