quality posts: 3128 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Solid reviews (4.1 out of 5.0) on the sound bar over at amazon

conanthelibrarian

Let's watch a video review on the sound bar

[MOD EDIT: Video removed; wrong model]

conanthelibrarian

Lot's of additional info and good reviews (3.9 out of 5.0) can be found over at samsung.com

312c

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 312c

While this may seem like a great deal on a 3D LED TV, they are edge-lit and lack some features.

A much better alternative would be the 47LA6200 ($715) or 55LA6200 ($1,015). Both are a model year newer (2013 vs 2012), are direct-lit, have wifi, and have a dual core image processor. Prices are based on current amazon price, but I've seen both $50-$100 lower than they are currently and significantly lower if refurb.

miniskunk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages miniskunk
312c wrote:
A much better alternative would be the 47LN5700 ($650) or 55LN5700 ($950). Both are a model year newer (2013 vs 2012), are direct-lit, have wifi, and have a dual core image processor. Prices are based on current amazon price, but I've seen both $50-$100 lower than they are currently and significantly lower if refurb.

Those don't have 3d according to Amazon.

mdrcoast

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast

Does this come with the "magic remote" (Think Wii controller)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mdrcoast wrote:Does this come with the "magic remote" (Think Wii controller)

Sorry, just the regular remotes for each component.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

312c

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 312c
miniskunk wrote:Those don't have 3d according to Amazon.

Whoops, you're right, edited post to have the right models.

oseizoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oseizoe

Is the LG TV a Smart TV with apps for Netflix, Amazon Prime etc.
What year make is the LG TV?

machumorrill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages machumorrill

Thank you for researching that. That is quite helpful. This isn't a terrible deal by any means, but it's one that I'll let pass me by.

312c wrote:While this may seem like a great deal on a 3D LED TV, they are edge-lit and lack some features.

A much better alternative would be the 47LA6200 ($715) or 55LA6200 ($1,015). Both are a model year newer (2013 vs 2012), are direct-lit, have wifi, and have a dual core image processor. Prices are based on current amazon price, but I've seen both $50-$100 lower than they are currently and significantly lower if refurb.

Bailies

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bailies

It would all work better if the blu ray player were an LG, not a Samsung. The way things like Smart Hub works is to work with other Samsung devices, not with LG. I have the 47LA6200 with the TV remote on a Samsung phone and while it should work it doesn't want to. That interface may not be all that smooth.

calvins

quality posts: 2 Private Messages calvins
312c wrote:Whoops, you're right, edited post to have the right models.

Thanks, great info but those prices are for TV only aren't they? Thinking of the larger one here for a 3 season porch. Seems like a decent price for the package don't ya think?

Edit: after pricing things out on the net and considering this is an older model, I think I can do better - thanks for the info and - Sorry woot, passin' this time.

Steve

donitamartin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donitamartin

I tried to purchase this but it denied my payment, called the bank and confirmed problem is on WOOT's end but of course they have no customer service until Monday and that's to late to buy one....so angry!!!!

donitamartin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donitamartin

Nevermind!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

donitamartin wrote:Nevermind!

We're you able to resolve the issue?
I can ping certain staff if there are particular ordering complications.

shizzlefits

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shizzlefits
ROGETRAY wrote:We're you able to resolve the issue?
I can ping certain staff if there are particular ordering complications.

The same thing is happening for me. I know my info is correct. Any help is appreciated.

ThunderThighs

Staff

shizzlefits wrote:The same thing is happening for me. I know my info is correct. Any help is appreciated.

Check that your billing info on your Woot account matches that of your payment source. That's a common thing that causes issues.

You might also try another payment source.

Oh, and don't freak out if you see charges on your payment source even though it was denied. Those are AUTH charges thet drop off automatically if the a real charge doesn't get processed.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sk83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sk83

Anyone know if the warranty is only 90 days? no manufacturer warranty?

ImpalaTommy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ImpalaTommy

Sorry Woot- refurb, last years model when 2014's are showing up, too many remotes to mess with, and, as the sharks say, I'M OUT!

ThunderThighs

Staff

sk83 wrote:Anyone know if the warranty is only 90 days? no manufacturer warranty?

Hello. The warranty is noted at the Features and is a 90-day Woot Warranty. . There's also a link to purchase extended coverage through SquareTrade if you want.

beachguy235

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beachguy235

Does anyone know if there's a warranty of any sort on the tv? Trying to decide if I should buy one but no warranty may be a deal breaker, thanks for your help guys

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom
beachguy235 wrote:Does anyone know if there's a warranty of any sort on the tv? Trying to decide if I should buy one but no warranty may be a deal breaker, thanks for your help guys

You could try reading some of the other messages, including the one directly above yours.

Kraus247

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kraus247
beachguy235 wrote:Does anyone know if there's a warranty of any sort on the tv? Trying to decide if I should buy one but no warranty may be a deal breaker, thanks for your help guys

Did you bother to read the post right above yours?

beachfires

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beachfires

I ordered this on 8/17, received confirmation, then 2 separate shipping confirmations, both with the same tracking #. I received ONE package containing the sound bar, speaker and blu ray player...NO TV. There is no other tracking # and the shipment is listed as received. Emails to WOOT go unanswered and on the support page it won't take my order # THEY gave me, stating it is invalid. Anyone else out there have trouble receiving this product?! HELP!?!?!?!

ThunderThighs

Staff

beachfires wrote:I ordered this on 8/17, received confirmation, then 2 separate shipping confirmations, both with the same tracking #. I received ONE package containing the sound bar, speaker and blu ray player...NO TV. There is no other tracking # and the shipment is listed as received. Emails to WOOT go unanswered and on the support page it won't take my order # THEY gave me, stating it is invalid. Anyone else out there have trouble receiving this product?! HELP!?!?!?!

Howdy there. This was a special package we put together. Items are shippign from different locations.

These big ol' TVs have to be delivered by freight carrier so you'll need to allow a bit more time. You should get a call to the number on your order to schedule a delivery once the TV is in your area.

Per the sale:
A physical address and phone number are required to schedule a delivery appointment with the freight carrier. No Military or PO Box shipments available.

chuckwagon78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chuckwagon78

I got my TV but the 3D did not work after a few hours trying to fix it I figured out the model number on the back of the TV was different from the one in the product info menu. If I want to get it fixed or a refund I have to pay to send it back! The only one who got a deal on this bundle was fed Ex.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

chuckwagon78 wrote:I got my TV but the 3D did not work after a few hours trying to fix it I figured out the model number on the back of the TV was different from the one in the product info menu. If I want to get it fixed or a refund I have to pay to send it back! The only one who got a deal on this bundle was fed Ex.

If you believe that you may have received the wrong model product, please email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know. They'll be able to answer any questions or concerns you have about your purchase.

ryanboshart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryanboshart

Anyone else get a strange flicker that affects both video and audio every once in a while? Not a big deal yet and only lasts for a second but concerned this may be an issue. Google search turned up no information on this problem.