quality posts: 2856 Private Messages lichme

Item: Klipsch S4i Rugged In-Ear Headphones
Price: $34.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

mpeters13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mpeters13

Buy two pairs. The audio quality is grand for the cost, but the shielding is trash. These buds only lasted 2 months after I started working out with them, and I'm no Tony Horton. Sad pandas.

mclovintonite

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mclovintonite
lichme wrote:Over 1000 reviews from Amazon users, with a 4 Star Avg
Cnet Review
Product Page
[MOD EDIT: This is for a different model]

This isn't the right pair

norova

quality posts: 3 Private Messages norova

rolland424

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rolland424

Here's the right amazon.com customer reviews for the Klipsh Rugged...

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Image-S4i-Rugged-Headphones/dp/B008PEVH0K

EDIT: It appears norova beat me to it by 2 minutes

I'm in for 3 pairs. My kids are home-schoolers and these will be perfect for school, or even a walk with their iPods & iPhones!

lichme

quality posts: 2856 Private Messages lichme

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3480 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Solid reviews (4.1 out of 5.0) over at bestbuy.com

kumaku

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kumaku

If I didn't already own these in non-sport I'd grab them quick. They definitely block sound, are comfortable enough to wear for a while. I have big ass ears with normal sized holes and even the small tip it fits nice [not blocking sound; i like to use them at work].

The sound is bad ass too. I had some that were the previous gen's iteration of these and the S4 seems to fill your head with good lows and not twangy sounding treble. Good for guitar solo's and screwd up bass.

Not gonna lie tho. Overall build quality is okay not great. i dont bunch them up in my jeans, but hey it comes with a pouch and i use it. Thats why this sport design is appealing to me.

Overall. I'd say they are worth the 35$, it's 40 bucks you're gonna spend on 2-3 pairs of cheap other ones.

A Roomba for only $150? WOOT!

enlil

quality posts: 1 Private Messages enlil

I have a pair for 18 months. They have a big design flaw in the fact that the remote is too heavy plus there is not any place to attach a shirt clip on it(you could attach it to the wire but that has its own problems). So they fall out of your ears too easily. No surprise they are here at this price. Beware......

Ochreknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ochreknight

Woot must have known that I had been looking at these (and the normal S4s) for a couple weeks, because I just purchased the normal S4s from the mothership.

What the heck. In for 1.

FYI from what I've read, the large control on the Ruggeds is heavy enough to consistently pull the earbuds from your ears; to prevent this, the instructions recommend that the cord be wrapped around the ear when used for athletic endeavors.

jakesaturn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jakesaturn
kumaku wrote:If I didn't already own these in non-sport I'd grab them quick. They definitely block sound, are comfortable enough to wear for a while. I have big ass ears with normal sized holes and even the small tip it fits nice [not blocking sound; i like to use them at work].

The sound is bad ass too. I had some that were the previous gen's iteration of these and the S4 seems to fill your head with good lows and not twangy sounding treble. Good for guitar solo's and screwd up bass.

Not gonna lie tho. Overall build quality is okay not great. i dont bunch them up in my jeans, but hey it comes with a pouch and i use it. Thats why this sport design is appealing to me.

Overall. I'd say they are worth the 35$, it's 40 bucks you're gonna spend on 2-3 pairs of cheap other ones.

Absoloutely! I've been waiting for a quality set of buds to use in the gym ( ever since I lost my last pair). I cant recall the last time Woot had a pair of buds that were compatible with the idevices listed. Im in for 1!

aojle

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aojle

I've bought several ear buds which were well reviewed, none of them blocked much outside sound. Gel tips just don't have enough mass to have an effect. I really doubt these are any different.

gsteuer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gsteuer

Grab em. These are fantastic. I own them and use them almost every day. Had the regular (non-"rugged") model before and they were same sound quality but definitely did not hold up - cable eventually pulled out and frayed. For the money these are truly the best and I am a headphones obsessive - especially for in-ear style. These really block out outside noise, and have a good neutral sound. Not too much bass and not too tinny. I have wide-ranging musical taste and listen to rock, classical, country. Folk, jazz, classical, world. Everything sounds great!

jdlorenz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jdlorenz

I got these open box for about the same price. I really like them - they are well worth it. They are strong and aren't going to get damaged easily (I'm hard on headphones.) I think they do block sound well enough (I use them on the bus occasionally). Like one poster said, the remote is too big and heavy. I usually use them while riding a bike or walking. The size of the remote is an issue if you are running because, without a clip, you can feel it every time you come down and you can hear the rattle travel up the cord to your ears. They almost cause the buds to come out sometimes. I've had both the rugged and regular kind. The review over at cnet is spot on that hasn't been posted.

guillen1234

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guillen1234

Can anyone tell me if they come in
retail packaging.
Are they gift quality?

misseuropa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages misseuropa

Yeah I also have these... love 'em. Takes me about a year to kill them distance running, the sound is good and they are very comfortable. I always wrap the cord once, and tuck the remote in the front of my shirt, which cuts down on the cord noise. (I have to tuck one of the two 'phones, anyway, for safety.)

Great timing, I'm about to bust this pair, got about a month left.

ZackSchil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZackSchil

I'm on my third pair of Klipsch S4i headphones. They tend to break after about a year (dead left earphone, frayed wire near the headphone jack, design flaw) but Klipsch honors the warranty with absolutely no fuss, you don't even have to ship your dead phones back. With the sound quality you get at this price, I have no complaints. They're my favorite headphones, even if they are a bit disposable.

I know these are the "rugged" variety but amazon reviews confirm they have the same fraying issue. Woot, can you confirm whether or not you count as an "authorized online dealer" for the purposes of Klipsch warranty?

walsfeo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages walsfeo

"3-button remote lets you precisely control iPhone calls"

Can I also control calls and whatnot on the Galaxy SIII?

husk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages husk

I see the same problem with these as other head sets. They don't adjust the volume for each ear. Use to be they had a Left & Right volume control. If you don't think that is important, look and see how many people are wearing hearing aids. most people have a hearing problem and don't hear the same out of each ear.

osubake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages osubake
walsfeo wrote:"3-button remote lets you precisely control iPhone calls"

Can I also control calls and whatnot on the Galaxy SIII?

I wouldn't guarantee that. They make a different version called S4a that is compatible with Android devices. From what I can tell some controls work with Android (mic, play/pause) but the
volume controls do not.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

guillen1234 wrote:Can anyone tell me if they come in retail packaging.
Are they gift quality?

These are new and come in the retail box.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

groundz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages groundz
osubake wrote:I wouldn't guarantee that. They make a different version called S4a that is compatible with Android devices. From what I can tell some controls work with Android (mic, play/pause) but the
volume controls do not.

From my experience, the ones that do not work naturally on Android can do so buy downloading an app on the Play Store.

amuzik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amuzik

Although this is a Rick Roll solution, I plan on using a small piece of tape to affix the cord to my chest while I run. It's a minor inconvenience that I'd put up with rather than repeatedly spouting profanity while I'm trying to catch my breath.

PencilBox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PencilBox

These are great! I have burned through so many high and low quality ear buds it's ridiculous. But my job has me on the phone all the time and I need rock solid sound and comfort. Klipsch are it for me. I have the standard i4s and use them everyday for both voice and audio. These things last and are extremely comfortable. Klipsch has excellent customer support if you ever have a problem (i've had a few) and they took care of me. Finally, I use to pay $129 for the i4s. The fact that these are $39...? Buy 'em!

pz@woot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages pz@woot
enlil wrote:They have a big design flaw in the fact that the remote is too heavy plus there is not any place to attach a shirt clip on it. ... So they fall out of your ears too easily. ....

I noticed it actually comes with a clothing clip. Not sure how it attaches.

Signature oh signature, cannot think
of something clever...

mirrorz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mirrorz

Anyone know the actual length of the cord?

My wife likes to set her ipod on the treadmill when she runs but all of the other headphones we bought didn't provide enough cord to do so.

I saw a turtle.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

mirrorz wrote:Anyone know the actual length of the cord?

My wife likes to set her ipod on the treadmill when she runs but all of the other headphones we bought didn't provide enough cord to do so.

The offer for today's item is almost expired, so it might be difficult to acquire an answer this late in the day.

Other sites list cord length as 50 (inches) but that is for the non-rugged version. One could presume that Klipsch would replicate the same length for this model.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

weisixue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weisixue

I want to buy one pair for my brother. He loves listening to music>

haptails1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haptails1

Out of the box; one side totally dead. Very disappointed.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

haptails1 wrote:Out of the box; one side totally dead. Very disappointed.

Drat. Sorry about that. You an contact Klipsch directly or email support@woot.com for some options.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mascabeza

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mascabeza

If you're having trouble with these staying in your ears, try switching sides.

I put the left one in my right ear and vice versa and I've gone from seriously annoyed at these to pretty content. At least now the sound is consistent and doesn't fade towards tin can quality whenever I move my head.

The large size rubber ear pieces that came with these are a design fail when used normally.

isecks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isecks

For some reason this order was cancelled and refunded without so much as a confirmation email from Woot. I've been waiting for them for two weeks now and I didn't even know until I got my bank statement.

Was really looking forward to getting these as I need some new headphones this week...