WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

TVs Of 47 Inches Or Greater

Love is like a big television. When you don't have it, you wish you did. When you do, you just want to spend every minute staring. And when it leaves you, you break down and cry. See? Nothing's more beautiful than a TV.

smakcc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages smakcc

I am so disappointed with these offers. The price is way too high!

eman411


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eman411
smakcc wrote:I am so disappointed with these offers. The price is way too high!



I disagree, I've been shopping for the Vizio 58" CinemaWide for some time. Last time this was up, I checked people's posts on where to find it cheaper and NONE of them were legit...

cyclone8570


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyclone8570

Do these TV's actually work? Or are they like the 55" I bought from Woot 2 weeks ago?

jahdish


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jahdish
cyclone8570 wrote:Do these TV's actually work? Or are they like the 55" I bought from Woot 2 weeks ago?



knock on wood I hope so. Picked up a 70". Previously I have had great luck with Vizio Refurbs from woot. I have a 32" and a 26" that have had no issues at all.

montana5


quality posts: 0 Private Messages montana5

I just picked up a 70" two weeks ago. It worked for 5 minutes out of the box, then crashed. The warranty place is in California, I have to pay shipping, which comes to roughly $400, and there goes the 400 I saved by buying here instead of brand new at Walmart. Took it to the repair shop instead, main board and another board both shot, cost $320 to fix, picking it up tomorrow. Saved $80, gained hassle. However, the previous refurb I bought here works great. Just the expensive one didn't.

jahdish wrote:knock on wood I hope so. Picked up a 70". Previously I have had great luck with Vizio Refurbs from woot. I have a 32" and a 26" that have had no issues at all.



jahdish


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jahdish
montana5 wrote:I just picked up a 70" two weeks ago. It worked for 5 minutes out of the box, then crashed. The warranty place is in California, I have to pay shipping, which comes to roughly $400, and there goes the 400 I saved by buying here instead of brand new at Walmart. Took it to the repair shop instead, main board and another board both shot, cost $320 to fix, picking it up tomorrow. Saved $80, gained hassle. However, the previous refurb I bought here works great. Just the expensive one didn't.



i passed on the option for the square trade extended warranty - does anyone know if this can be purchased after the fact?

reddesertbrat


quality posts: 0 Private Messages reddesertbrat
cyclone8570 wrote:Do these TV's actually work? Or are they like the 55" I bought from Woot 2 weeks ago?



I bought a 47" 2 weeks ago from Woot, looked and smelled great until I plugged it in. The remote was all fouled up, scrambled the buttons. Got the blue characters across the width of the screen like I read happened in the blog somewhere here. I've had to pack it back up and waiting to take it back to P.O. AND pay insurance. Just waiting for the approval number to send it. I'm also waiting to see what Woot says, I don't want them to send another one and have the same problem. The referb shop will only fix and send back, yuck. I'm too old for this to happen again!!!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jahdish wrote:i passed on the option for the square trade extended warranty - does anyone know if this can be purchased after the fact?

Check with SquareTrade on the timing after a sale (30 days?) but the link is available on our sale page for you to buy it after the fact.



FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MichXelle


quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
jahdish wrote:i passed on the option for the square trade extended warranty - does anyone know if this can be purchased after the fact?


Yes, up to 30 days after purchase but recheck that w/ W000T. Also, get a 30% coupon code for Square Trade as they're pricy and the CD's are out there, plentiful. Good luck.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

Jayrookie


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jayrookie
smakcc wrote:I am so disappointed with these offers. The price is way too high!



I bought the 70" vizio as an open box deal about 2 months ago and it was $1270 after tax. Thats a 15% savings on the open box. I think this is pretty good here

luke975


quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975

the 70 inch vizios are really holding their price. maybe it because the next biggest tv is so much more. I'm ok with waiting, my 55 in is doing great

I always did like yardsales.

amazonwoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amazonwoot

Anyone have/tried one of those Winegard Antennas? I am interested in the amplified one, but not sure it will work.

smakcc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages smakcc
Jayrookie wrote:I bought the 70" vizio as an open box deal about 2 months ago and it was $1270 after tax. Thats a 15% savings on the open box. I think this is pretty good here



Just to clarify, I am an everyday Wooter. If I see a deal I grab it. I have been watching the TV deals for about six weeks - the good ones go really fast within hours. It has not happened here...hence my point

groberts1980


quality posts: 6 Private Messages groberts1980
luke975 wrote:the 70 inch vizios are really holding their price. maybe it because the next biggest tv is so much more. I'm ok with waiting, my 55 in is doing great



No kidding, I've been coveting that 70" Vizio for quite some time. The new price is hovering just under $1,600. I moved into a house with a bigger living room and the 52" just isn't cutting it anymore. And I see this Vizio getting better reviews than similar Sharp/Sony sets. I'll pick it up one of these days...

medscript


quality posts: 4 Private Messages medscript

I bought a Vizio tv because I feel that it is a great brand for the money but I am still very disappointed that they have not updated their software for some of their tvs to have access to the queue list for Amazon Prime. Samsung's tv does allow for this however so I will have to get their tvs in the future.

VetteLT193


quality posts: 6 Private Messages VetteLT193

The reason why 70" is so high (and 80 even higher) is because there is so much more screen.

A 70 has 36% more viewing area than a 60 and 62% more than a 55.

An 80 is more than double a 55 and 76% more size than a 60... it's even got 30% more size than a 70!

I have a 70 in the main part of my house. Mine is a Sharp LED. It's awesome. I wouldn't have anything against the Vizio either. Go for it. Also... I have yet to have a problem with a Woot TV and I have bought a couple.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

VetteLT193 wrote:The reason why 70" is so high (and 80 even higher) is because there is so much more screen.

A 70 has 36% more viewing area than a 60 and 62% more than a 55.

An 80 is more than double a 55 and 76% more size than a 60... it's even got 30% more size than a 70!

I have a 70 in the main part of my house. Mine is a Sharp LED. It's awesome. I wouldn't have anything against the Vizio either. Go for it. Also... I have yet to have a problem with a Woot TV and I have bought a couple.

Stand back! He's using math!



FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bhills


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhills
amazonwoot wrote:Anyone have/tried one of those Winegard Antennas? I am interested in the amplified one, but not sure it will work.


I have one at home and it works great. I live in town but bought one for my grandparent who live 45 miles away from a tower. I was impressed by the performance and amount of channels it pulled in from that distance. I'd go visit their site for more information. http://www.getfreetv.com
Hope that helps!

itlnstln


quality posts: 0 Private Messages itlnstln

I've been eyeing the 70" the last several times it's been up. I finally pulled the trigger today. Hope it works out all right.

luke975


quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975
VetteLT193 wrote:The reason why 70" is so high (and 80 even higher) is because there is so much more screen.

A 70 has 36% more viewing area than a 60 and 62% more than a 55.

An 80 is more than double a 55 and 76% more size than a 60... it's even got 30% more size than a 70!

I have a 70 in the main part of my house. Mine is a Sharp LED. It's awesome. I wouldn't have anything against the Vizio either. Go for it. Also... I have yet to have a problem with a Woot TV and I have bought a couple.



umm no. the bigger tvs are higher because of supply and demand, not screen size.
if screen size was the only deciding factor the 70 inch tvs would only be about 10% more than the 65 inch models.

I always did like yardsales.

jahdish


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jahdish
luke975 wrote:umm no. the bigger tvs are higher because of supply and demand, not screen size.
if screen size was the only deciding factor the 70 inch tvs would only be about 10% more than the 65 inch models.



actually would be 15.98% more

http://www.displaywars.com/65-inch-16x9-vs-70-inch-16x9

Kanabis


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kanabis
bhills wrote:I have one at home and it works great. I live in town but bought one for my grandparent who live 45 miles away from a tower. I was impressed by the performance and amount of channels it pulled in from that distance. I'd go visit their site for more information. http://www.getfreetv.com
Hope that helps!



Try http://www.solidsignal.com/ as well

Brian48216


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Brian48216
cyclone8570 wrote:Do these TV's actually work? Or are they like the 55" I bought from Woot 2 weeks ago?



No idea- I bought a 60" sharp from one of these fire sales a month ago- when I finally got it and opened it up- entire right third of the screen was shattered. Woot issued a return and the same shipping company came back around to pick it up. Didn't cost me anything other than some effort and disappointment though.

bluon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluon

Seems like a huge risk to buy a refurb TV here. Only a 90 day warranty, plus the buyer is responsible for shipping costs on a return. Decent deal if the thing works I suppose, but definitely not worth it for me.

brendan948725


quality posts: 39 Private Messages brendan948725
jahdish wrote:knock on wood I hope so. Picked up a 70". Previously I have had great luck with Vizio Refurbs from woot. I have a 32" and a 26" that have had no issues at all.



I got this TV in May when it was up and honestly--I don't regret a thing. It's huge. It's beautiful. And it's CHEAP! I have bought tons of expensive refurbs from Woot (Galaxy Tab, printer/scanner, 70" Vizio TV, et. al.) and I have had nothing but the best luck. Everything has worked like brand new and we've gotten some wicked deals. I guess it's luck of the draw but I continue to play the game--and I continue to win.



*MOST RECENT WOOTS!*


  • Random Crap
  • Light Blocking Curtains and Rod
  • HP Deskjet Wireless

  • 20 Woots! (5 Bungled Original Communicator)
  • 27 Shirts!
  • 5 Sellouts!
  • 2 Homes!
  • 1 Sport!
  • 2 Techs!
  • 1 Wine!
  • 1 Accessories!
  • 2 Pops!

brendan948725


quality posts: 39 Private Messages brendan948725
jahdish wrote:i passed on the option for the square trade extended warranty - does anyone know if this can be purchased after the fact?



Yes, you can. 30 days I think??



*MOST RECENT WOOTS!*


  • Random Crap
  • Light Blocking Curtains and Rod
  • HP Deskjet Wireless

  • 20 Woots! (5 Bungled Original Communicator)
  • 27 Shirts!
  • 5 Sellouts!
  • 2 Homes!
  • 1 Sport!
  • 2 Techs!
  • 1 Wine!
  • 1 Accessories!
  • 2 Pops!

luke975


quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975
jahdish wrote:actually would be 15.98% more

http://www.displaywars.com/65-inch-16x9-vs-70-inch-16x9



yeah my math sucks. but the points valid.

I always did like yardsales.

fast130


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fast130

Maybe I got lucky but picked up the Vizio 65" 3D telly on a Woot round about a month ago and thus far it's a workin' great! Really good pic on it and impressed with the 3D. Only thing I have noticed wrong with it is some dings on the back (which appear to colored black again with a sharpie..funny) and a slight blemish of the plastic trim at the bottom. The prior I will more then likely never see again unless my wall mount fails and the later is hardly noticeable unless up close to the TV. Everything else seems to work and is a much improvement over the HD projector I had been using that I picked up from Woot many moons ago. Really happy with it and from what I have found, I feel it was a great deal even if it is last years model. Hope it last like the projector did (knock on simulated wood grain particleboard..)

VetteLT193


quality posts: 6 Private Messages VetteLT193
luke975 wrote:umm no. the bigger tvs are higher because of supply and demand, not screen size.
if screen size was the only deciding factor the 70 inch tvs would only be about 10% more than the 65 inch models.



Supply and demand is always a factor, however, the numbers aren't far off from the percentages I posted. It's harder/more expensive to build a much larger tv so the numbers still line up. supply and demand, as you point out, makes up the rest of the difference. There was only one game in town for a while at this size. (Sharp) and there are still only 4 manufacturers building them.

Nperez1986


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nperez1986

Ordered a 55" LED Hisense from Wot, I'm crossing my fingers that it will be in good condition when i get it. I NEVER had an issue buying refurbished from anywhere...until i bought a 39" Sanyo last week refurbished from woot, and the speakers were blown out! But I used an external speaker setup and everything else is fine

Nperez1986


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nperez1986

SO ordered the TV on the 22nd....and SEKO is STILL not here after keeping my TV for more than a day that they needed to. It's almost 14 days after purchase...I must complain that is the WORST shipping I have ever had...c'mon woot you need to do better

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Nperez1986 wrote:SO ordered the TV on the 22nd....and SEKO is STILL not here after keeping my TV for more than a day that they needed to. It's almost 14 days after purchase...I must complain that is the WORST shipping I have ever had...c'mon woot you need to do better

Ugh. I know the holiday didn't help things but it's worth an email to support@woot.com to see if they can figure out what's going on.

UPDATE: Looks like they left you a message this morning to schedule delivery. Here's their numbers if you want to call them.

Customer Service (630) 919-4993
USA Toll Free (800) 323-1235
USA Home Delivery (866) 268-5263



FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

zunish


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zunish

Bought a 55" 2 months ago, great for a couple hours then yellow highlighter started appearing heavy on the screen. Soon the pic was black and white. E-mailed Woot, they had it picked up a couple days later and money back in my account a few days after that. No hassles at all, easiest return I've ever had and no standing in line. Stuff happens and now waiting on another to arrive, hope its a good one.