WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

It's one challenge down and four to go! Thanks to all the people who participated in the Wine Bottle Ring Toss challenge and congrats to the ones who managed to nab a Bag of Crap.

Before we proceed, we need to clear up a couple of things. First, please make sure that you post your videos in the discussion thread on THIS blog post, not in the Wootcast Video discussion thread, or the YouTube comments section or anywhere else. We didn't make that explicitly clear before, but we are now so NO EXCUSES.

Secondly, please make sure that your videos are viewable by the general public, and that your settings are not set to private. We threw you guys a bone this time because we were all still working out the bugs. But now you should know how it works so NO MERCY.

Thirdly, you guys are awesome. We were pleasantly surprised by how quickly you were able to put together videos, and the creativity in which you did so. Keep in mind, even if there are five videos posted by the time you get here, they might not all be eligible for one reason or another. So don't let that discourage you.

And finally, the challenges are gonna get harder. And by "harder" we mean weirder and more obscure. We know we said in the rules that the items you use in your videos don't have to be the same as the ones in our videos, but they have to be close. So just keep that in mind. Here they are again just for kicks:

THE RULES

• The first FIVE (5) people to post their own Ultimate Challenge video in the discussion thread of the corresponding blog post (NOT the Video Wootcast thread or the YouTube thread) will receive a private link to a page where they can purchase a Bag of Crap. These links will be unique to each purchaser, and sent via PM.
  • The items used in your personal video do NOT have to be identical to the items we use in our video. However, it needs to be a reasonably approximate re-creation of the same action. For instance, if our video shows us bouncing Ping-Pong balls into Solo cups, you have to be bouncing some sort of ball into some sort of cup. A video of you tap-dancing to "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman, while extraordinarily entertaining, will not be counted as an eligible submission.
  • You do NOT need to best our competitors. But if you don't, we'll laugh at you.
  • You can only post one video per challenge. If you post more than one video per challenge, none of your videos will count.
  • As always with the BOC, individuals are limited to one BOC per week. So if you get one, you're done.

And now I give you the Woot Ultimate Challenge!

DAY 2: FLING-A-MONKEY

THE SCORE TO BEAT

After a collective 100+ flings (no, we're not making that up), the head-shaking, spirit-crushing results were:

May-Ying - 1, Adam - 0

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot

renrutnairbwoot

renrutnairbwoot wrote:

All my woot! monkeys are at work so I had to improvise with my daughters' stuffed animals.

barkwoot

quality posts: 114 Private Messages barkwoot

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

My monkey keychain is at home and I am at work.

;_;

EDIT:
Also, I take too long editing, as evidenced yesterday. XD But I'll see what I can do if there aren't five + in front of me when I get home.

lichme

quality posts: 2864 Private Messages lichme

Close, but no cigar

cfalgas

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cfalgas

My monkeys are missing!

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

Edit...the cat has now claimed the monkey as his own!

cfalgas

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cfalgas

My fifth attempt was more fruitful, but the rules say only one submission. I guess they are just going to laugh at my miss.

jthebird1977

quality posts: 27 Private Messages jthebird1977

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1
renrutnairbwoot wrote:All my woot! monkeys are at work so I had to improvise with my daughters' stuffed animals.

I kept hoping you would toss the camera at the end..

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

nimda79

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nimda79
dernst_ca1 wrote:I kept hoping you would toss the camera at the end..

Did you get your Bandolier of Carrots link from yesterday's?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3488 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Looks fun! I would join in on the fun but all of my monkeys are currently boxed up from my last move.

Moueska

BANANARANG, BABY.

(FYI - I started filming this sometime after the post above me, so I'm well aware that it's probably going to be the last one in the competition unless someone else gets the wild desire to do so. JOIN THE FUN, Y'ALL.)

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer

It's entirely too late to snag a bag with this entry, but I spent enough time making the video that I figured I should let you all watch it anyway. I had fun with this project, maybe you'll enjoy my offering too?

renrutnairbwoot

dernst_ca1 wrote:I kept hoping you would toss the camera at the end..

Was the video that bad? If I were filming it with my crap phone, I probably would have thrown it. However, I was using an iPad and there is no way I would throw that.

renrutnairbwoot

spilzer wrote:It's entirely too late to snag a bag with this entry, but I spent enough time making the video that I figured I should let you all watch it anyway. I had fun with this project, maybe you'll enjoy my offering too?

Nice video! Thanks for posting even though you knew you weren't one of the first 5.

nimda79

renrutnairbwoot

nimda79 wrote:I still haven't got my PM

I haven't either. Good to see somebody with a quality video hasn't gotten their PM either.

nimda79

renrutnairbwoot wrote:I haven't either. Good to see somebody with a quality video hasn't gotten their PM either.

I of course have my woot monkey sitting at work so I had to raid my kids room while they were sleeping last night to find some of their toy monkeys. Hopefully the staff will get to us soon to deliver our Bandolier of Carrots links. :D

lichme

renrutnairbwoot wrote:I haven't either. Good to see somebody with a quality video hasn't gotten their PM either.

I believe the PM's yesterday went out around 2PM CST (or at least that's when the first PM was confirmed)

carl669

quality posts: 27 Private Messages carl669
lichme wrote:I believe the PM's yesterday went out around 2PM CST (or at least that's when the first PM was confirmed)

yep. i got my PM around 11 or 12 (PST). either way...you gotta give us west coast folks a chance to wake up. in the immortal words of Master Po, "Patience, young grasshopper"

Wife: Do you really need all this junk?
Me: At least I don't ask you if it makes me look fat.
--------------------------------------

amynance

quality posts: 6 Private Messages amynance

Staff

carl669 wrote:yep. i got my PM around 11 or 12 (PST). either way...you gotta give us west coast folks a chance to wake up. in the immortal words of Master Po, "Patience, young grasshopper"

What this guy said.

nimda79

amynance wrote:What this guy said.

Good deal. I figured as much being in the Mid-West that we would have to wait on our California brethren to get up and around. :D

amynance

Staff

spilzer wrote:It's entirely too late to snag a bag with this entry, but I spent enough time making the video that I figured I should let you all watch it anyway. I had fun with this project, maybe you'll enjoy my offering too?

And we're so glad you did! This is amazing! Thanks for sharing!

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer
renrutnairbwoot wrote:Nice video! Thanks for posting even though you knew you weren't one of the first 5.

amynance wrote:And we're so glad you did! This is amazing! Thanks for sharing!

My pleasure! I'm always happy to have an excuse to brush up on my mad iMovie skillz. Pretty pleased with how this video came out and glad y'all liked it too. Thanks!

renrutnairbwoot

Anybody else in here ever received a Bag of Crap through PM before? This will be my first through PM, which for some reason makes it extra exciting.

lichme

renrutnairbwoot wrote:Anybody else in here ever received a Bag of Crap through PM before? This will be my first through PM, which for some reason makes it extra exciting.

Yep, I got one when they did the math one with trivia during a woot-off. One of their facts were off, and I proved it, so I got a private link. Best part of it was that my name was in the URL, and I am the first/last buyer.

lichme

It's here, it's here! Yay!

xenophod

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xenophod

YAY! I WON!!!!

renrutnairbwoot

Got mine!!!!!!!! We will have to figure out where to track these. Join the days into one Bandolier of Carrots tracker or keep them separate.

nimda79

renrutnairbwoot wrote:Got mine!!!!!!!! We will have to figure out where to track these. Join the days into one Bandolier of Carrots tracker or keep them separate.

Mine popped in 42 minutes ago :D

baybei

Holy frijolies Batman! I got one! Not sure how as I didn't think I made the first 5, but I'll take it...and tell woot that I love them dearly. My kitty will be happy, because now he will also have a box to hide his stolen monkey in (I wish I caught him grabbing it out of the basket! He really wanted that monkey).

Moueska

/rueful sigh

:D Gratz' to the winners, though! And if it hadn't been for a very special BagOC a while ago, I wouldn't have even had a monkey to fling this time, so I'm grateful. ^_^

amynance

Staff

baybei wrote:Holy frijolies Batman! I got one! Not sure how as I didn't think I made the first 5, but I'll take it...and tell woot that I love them dearly. My kitty will be happy, because now he will also have a box to hide his stolen monkey in (I wish I caught him grabbing it out of the basket! He really wanted that monkey).

Congrats! You received one because one of the previous videos lacked one key element of the challenge. Perfect example of why you should submit a video even if there are already five!

baybei

amynance wrote:Congrats! You received one because one of the previous videos lacked one key element of the challenge. Perfect example of why you should submit a video even if there are already five!

Well then, I'm certainly glad I did! Thanks for making my day...week....month...year...seriously who would have thought a silly video of me flinging a monkey would get me the ability to buy a Bandolier of Carrots? woot! woot!

barkwoot

quality posts: 114 Private Messages barkwoot
amynance wrote:Congrats! You received one because one of the previous videos lacked one key element of the challenge. Perfect example of why you should submit a video even if there are already five!

What? You couldn't see my invisible trash can? Well, actually it isn't invisible, it's just camouflaged as a large yellow foam square.

And now with complete sincerity...
@Baybei - Congrats on your score. I can't think of anyone more deserving.

-barkwoot
a.k.a "Quick Draw McGraw"

jfenchel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfenchel

baybei

barkwoot wrote:What? You couldn't see my invisible trash can? Well, actually it isn't invisible, it's just camouflaged as a large yellow foam square.

And now with complete sincerity...
@Baybei - Congrats on your score. I can't think of anyone more deserving.

-barkwoot
a.k.a "Quick Draw McGraw"

Ohhh...the camouflaged trash can...totally missed that lol!

And, thank you very much! While I'm thrilled, I'm sorry you missed out though too, but I'm sure you'll get one yet, you're a fine competitor!