It's one challenge down and four to go! Thanks to all the people who participated in the Wine Bottle Ring Toss challenge and congrats to the ones who managed to nab a Bag of Crap.
Before we proceed, we need to clear up a couple of things. First, please make sure that you post your videos in the discussion thread on THIS blog post, not in the Wootcast Video discussion thread, or the YouTube comments section or anywhere else. We didn't make that explicitly clear before, but we are now so NO EXCUSES.
Secondly, please make sure that your videos are viewable by the general public, and that your settings are not set to private. We threw you guys a bone this time because we were all still working out the bugs. But now you should know how it works so NO MERCY.
Thirdly, you guys are awesome. We were pleasantly surprised by how quickly you were able to put together videos, and the creativity in which you did so. Keep in mind, even if there are five videos posted by the time you get here, they might not all be eligible for one reason or another. So don't let that discourage you.
And finally, the challenges are gonna get harder. And by "harder" we mean weirder and more obscure. We know we said in the rules that the items you use in your videos don't have to be the same as the ones in our videos, but they have to be close. So just keep that in mind. Here they are again just for kicks:
- The first FIVE (5) people to post their own Ultimate Challenge video in the discussion thread of the corresponding blog post (NOT the Video Wootcast thread or the YouTube thread) will receive a private link to a page where they can purchase a Bag of Crap. These links will be unique to each purchaser, and sent via PM.
- The items used in your personal video do NOT have to be identical to the items we use in our video. However, it needs to be a reasonably approximate re-creation of the same action. For instance, if our video shows us bouncing Ping-Pong balls into Solo cups, you have to be bouncing some sort of ball into some sort of cup. A video of you tap-dancing to "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman, while extraordinarily entertaining, will not be counted as an eligible submission.
- You do NOT need to best our competitors. But if you don't, we'll laugh at you.
- You can only post one video per challenge. If you post more than one video per challenge, none of your videos will count.
- As always with the BOC, individuals are limited to one BOC per week. So if you get one, you're done.
And now I give you the Woot Ultimate Challenge!
DAY 2: FLING-A-MONKEY
THE SCORE TO BEAT
After a collective 100+ flings (no, we're not making that up), the head-shaking, spirit-crushing results were:
May-Ying - 1, Adam - 0