WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

brite View Security

That's no typo! "brite-View" is one of those brands that have taken issue with the English language regarding capitalization and spelling of the word "bright." Your home will bE seCURE with these top-noch cameraS! 

neil499

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neil499

Weak Woot!

The BV-210C is $59.99 with two-day shipping at newegg. (i.e. Same price but faster shipping.)

Rick Roll, Rick Roll, Rick Roll.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Whoops, wrong price. It's now $49.99. If you bought already, money will automatically come flying your way.

And @neil499, you could be a little nicer next time.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

dhess

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dhess

I think the biggest thing keeping me from buying this straight-out is that I don't know what the electrical zones are like in my apartment.

I actually got yelled at by my fiancee for using raceways and running cable properly (well, considering we can't drill or put anything in the walls.

These would be a nice way to get power to a nasty little corner that can't be wired.

Does anyone have experience with this?

jmackinac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmackinac

By most accounts, Woot's been going downhill since...well...you know. But I'm not a band wagoner, so I still come here to look for the deals. Today, I came her to find this contraption, scroll down to read the description and all I see is the usual, horrible, write-up that Woot employees think are so effin' funny when they never are. So while I'm not an badger badger badger and get the idea of what is pictured, I fully expect to read a description of what this does, model number, etc, etc. I looked around for it twice, so if it's here somewhere, I can't be the only one that's overlooking it.

sprenton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sprenton
dhess wrote:I think the biggest thing keeping me from buying this straight-out is that I don't know what the electrical zones are like in my apartment.

I actually got yelled at by my fiancee for using raceways and running cable properly (well, considering we can't drill or put anything in the walls.

These would be a nice way to get power to a nasty little corner that can't be wired.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Yes. These work, to a degree. I'm currently wiring up a house with voip phones & PC's using the Trendnet TPL-406e, which is essentially the same thing. Here's some notes:

1. if these are on the same circuit, they work better, but will work across circuts, albeit at a lower throughput. Honestly, you'll probably never really hit that 200 mb mark, but you might come close.

2. The manufacturer of the ones I'm using insists that you can't use more than 8 total in an installation.

Other than those two caveats, they seem to work. Had a call about 1 going off-line, but I think that was the end user pulled the Ethernet cable out of the thing.

stv6669

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stv6669

I just don't see the deal here to be honest. I come to woot for "knock you off your socks" type deals that cause me to have impulse buys for stuff I really don't need but for the price why the hell not? A $10 discount on crappy security cameras just doesn't do it for me.

Oh well... maybe one day.

gryhnd

quality posts: 5 Private Messages gryhnd
jmackinac wrote:I fully expect to read a description of what this does, model number, etc, etc. I looked around for it twice, so if it's here somewhere, I can't be the only one that's overlooking it.

Click on one of the three items in the main listing. Then, under the photo to the right, you'll see tabs: features, specs, sales stats.