renrutnairbwoot


quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes, I've been promised that my stuff will make it in the woot-off Bandolier of Carrots. So you have a chance of getting something from me.



Does that mean I don't have a chance of getting something from you because I won/earned my Bag of Crap through the Ultimate Challenge and not the woot-off?

HenryBob


quality posts: 1 Private Messages HenryBob

I finally found eadc7b57-75fb-466c-a7d0-9b73bcf3e2b5
sold out in under an hour; I'm confused is it only this or will/are there other posts of the mythical bag of caring

My normal alias is University of Pi/UniversityOfPi
(though I created this account before I fully began using that)


The Link of Power

[Sig 8/21/13]

Linad


quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad
HenryBob wrote:I finally found eadc7b57-75fb-466c-a7d0-9b73bcf3e2b5
sold out in under an hour; I'm confused is it only this or will/are there other posts of the mythical bag of caring



It sells out in seconds. There is a new link to a new Bag with (almost) every item that comes up during this woot off.

renrutnairbwoot


quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot
ThunderThighs wrote:One per week, pls. Spread the wealth.



Perfect. I will be so much more productive at work now that I won't be watching the woot-off.

HenryBob


quality posts: 1 Private Messages HenryBob
Linad wrote:It sells out in seconds. There is a new link to a new Bag with (almost) every item that comes up during this woot off.



thanks was slightly confused because of the current description's lack of it

My normal alias is University of Pi/UniversityOfPi
(though I created this account before I fully began using that)


The Link of Power

[Sig 8/21/13]

renrutnairbwoot


quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot
ThunderThighs wrote:One per week, pls. Spread the wealth.



I am going to go with what amynance has to say here.

Linad


quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad
renrutnairbwoot wrote:I am going to go with what amynance has to say here.

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5531956&pageindex=1&replycount=37#post5533154



I'm with ya. So much for being productive today =X

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

renrutnairbwoot wrote:I am going to go with what amynance has to say here.

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5531956&pageindex=1&replycount=37#post5533154


Oh well. Oki-doki. ROFL. It'd still be nice to share the wealth.



FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

HenryBob wrote:I finally found eadc7b57-75fb-466c-a7d0-9b73bcf3e2b5
sold out in under an hour; I'm confused is it only this or will/are there other posts of the mythical bag of caring

Here's an example from an earlier sale. Don't try it, it's already sold out.




FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Linad


quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad
ThunderThighs wrote:Oh well. Oki-doki. ROFL. It'd still be nice to share the wealth.



Actually, you're right. Ive gotten a few craps this year already counting the video challenge one from last night (just waiting on my link!). I'll let others have some fun.

Edit: Just got my link! WOOT!

dwoychowski


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwoychowski

guys, im brand new to this and I have no idea where to find this little url... anyone willing to help?!?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dwoychowski wrote:guys, im brand new to this and I have no idea where to find this little url... anyone willing to help?!?


Look up a couple posts, young one and then watch each sale on Woot during this woot-off.



FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pauzhaan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pauzhaan

Never gotten a Bandolier of Carrots Not one. Not ever.

Long time Wooter. Never got a Bunch of Clipping Not one.

olcubmaster


quality posts: 30 Private Messages olcubmaster

AAAARGH! Sold before I completed check out.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

sorty


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sorty

It was in my cart. I could feel the crappiness

Dissonance


quality posts: 12 Private Messages Dissonance

Well...that was incredibly frustrating!

I made it all the way though in record time to get "payment not authorized." My Paypal agreement needed to be renewed.

Arg.


olcubmaster


quality posts: 30 Private Messages olcubmaster
Dissonance wrote:Well...that was incredibly frustrating!

I made it all the way though in record time to get "payment not authorized." My Paypal agreement needed to be renewed.

Arg.



Hence, the last step in how to play:

4. Check out. (Better have your payment info loaded)

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

bratib


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bratib
pauzhaan wrote:Never gotten a Bandolier of Carrots Not one. Not ever.



Yeah, it seems us old guys aren't as fast as the nubes! ;)

MrMaddness


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrMaddness
dwoychowski wrote:guys, im brand new to this and I have no idea where to find this little url... anyone willing to help?!?



I'm totally lost as well.

liambc3


quality posts: 0 Private Messages liambc3
MrMaddness wrote:I'm totally lost as well.



On the main page (www.woot.com) keep an eye on the featured Woot. On the right side of the page will be a link (not for every deal!). First person to get to that link and check out gets the Bundle of Charm. A new deal is featured each time the previous one sells out or ends, that's how Woot-Off! works. Good luck.

I don't think my internet/Chemistry Cat mini here at work are fast enough to compete haha.

olcubmaster


quality posts: 30 Private Messages olcubmaster

Dwoychowski, MrMaddness and all those still trying to figure it out: If all else fails, read the [url]instruction manual.

Here's how you play

1. Locate the little URL (HINT: it's where the joke/clue usually is).


If you’re on the Woot! Home page it’s a little gray comic strip style speech bubble directly under your user name and directly over where it says “It’s Woot-off Time!”

Currently the product listed is the Sony NSZ-GS7 Internet Player with Google TV™ and the box says “Nothing to see here…”

If you have hit the big yellow “I want one” button and find yourself on the individual product page, then the clue will appear below the big yellow “add to cart” button in the box right below where it says “woot-off bot says”.

Currently the product listed is the Sony NSZ-GS7 Internet Player with Google TV™ and the box says “Nothing to see here…”

And truly – there is nothing to see there, beyond the item that is just too gosh darn fabulous a deal to pass up so you should immediately place 3 in your cart and check out now before the next Bandolier of Carrots appears.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

Linad


quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad
MrMaddness wrote:I'm totally lost as well.



You've been a member since 2004 and are just learning about the crap?! =O

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MrMaddness wrote:I'm totally lost as well.



Look at my post further up the page. It shows where to look for the URL on each new sale that comes up during the Woot-off on Woot.



FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

boyseest8


quality posts: 0 Private Messages boyseest8

I've never had the fortune of getting a Bandolier of Carrots - I actually have never tried very hard either. Question on this one... I've gotten the link a couple of times and loaded it to my cart, but it always makes me sign in again (even though I'm already signed in) and that's when I get the sold out message. Am I doing something wrong? So frustrating!!

emasters


quality posts: 0 Private Messages emasters
boyseest8 wrote:I've never had the fortune of getting a Bandolier of Carrots - I actually have never tried very hard either. Question on this one... I've gotten the link a couple of times and loaded it to my cart, but it always makes me sign in again (even though I'm already signed in) and that's when I get the sold out message. Am I doing something wrong? So frustrating!!



It's doing the same thing to me. I think it's just the way it works. I've had 3 in my cart and had to re-login every time and missed it.

liambc3


quality posts: 0 Private Messages liambc3

Same here. I've never gotten a Bandolier of Carrots before, but never really tried this hard. I've gotten to the cart a couple times. Someone just refreshed faster and has faster internet (and/or a faster computer, haha).

Maybe I'll have to stay up forever tonight and try to make a video for the challenge, how many days are left in that?
...who needs sleep for work the next day, anyway, haha.

codex


quality posts: 9 Private Messages codex
HOLY CRAP COMMANDMENTS v4.0 wrote:II. Thou shalt probably expect not to even get a Bag o’ Crap at all. We only have enough for about 10% of the people who want them. Thou art probably in that other 90%.


Soooo... if there's only [at most] one Bandolier of Carrots per listing, methinks this could maybe stand to be revised? Given that those numbers were accurate when there were about 2500 Bandoliers per batch, I'm thinkin' we're currently off by a couple orders of magnitude.

My work here is done. Pedant-man, AWAAYYY!!!

acraigl


quality posts: 41 Private Messages acraigl

In the basket every time then denied. I can't figure out how folks are so fast! I'm hopped up on cough medicine and milky ways. No one should be able to touch me!

acraigl


quality posts: 41 Private Messages acraigl
acraigl wrote:In the basket every time then denied. I can't figure out how folks are so fast! I'm hopped up on cough medicine and milky ways. No one should be able to touch me!



Better living through chemistry... just got one. This one:
http://www.woot.com/offers/61790bdf67b744208c6aced4696c13d9

Moueska


quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

I'm sitting this game out because my reaction time already lacks discipline. It's all over the place.

aaee


quality posts: 4 Private Messages aaee

The bad news for us folks on the west coast is that our odds are even worse of scoring one than anyone east of the Rockies. Of the 48 Offerings that have been posted so far, only 9 have been bought by anyone west of the rockies. The rest were all bought either in Texas or eastern states.. Probably has to do with the ISP and connection into the main terminals of the telco.. so us Wescoasters are basically skrewed.. Here is the list of URL's, see for yourself

http://tinyurl.com/llqrohx
http://bit.ly/19ug9BX
http://tinyurl.com/mjsx63q
http://bit.ly/170OtUR
http://tinyurl.com/k68k2d3
http://bit.ly/1d17s5V
http://tinyurl.com/ln4lt7v
http://tinyurl.com/jwngrd6
http://bit.ly/170S31s
http://bit.ly/1dnBzDf
http://tinyurl.com/mtjrvgo
http://bit.ly/16Y2QHE
http://bit.ly/13AOGPQ
http://tinyurl.com/lsjquwc
http://tinyurl.com/loz4fpt
http://tinyurl.com/lftupnp
http://tinyurl.com/mgte3aa
http://tinyurl.com/krrshvz
http://bit.ly/1bNWEVP
http://bit.ly/17Z1eMI
http://tinyurl.com/mrl3lfr
http://tinyurl.com/m89jtuj
http://bit.ly/14vWLA9
http://tinyurl.com/mbrofkh
http://tinyurl.com/lqn8j7w
http://bit.ly/14vWgpK
http://tinyurl.com/mtdptzw
http://bit.ly/19ue4pC
http://bit.ly/1dnEQm6
http://tinyurl.com/ks5u8ve
http://tinyurl.com/muyvqz8
http://tinyurl.com/luh3u4v
http://bit.ly/17FBcPO
http://bit.ly/1bNYWEh
http://bit.ly/13Nn9p6
http://bit.ly/16qTa9N
http://tinyurl.com/lt3pq7p
http://tinyurl.com/lt4relk
http://tinyurl.com/jvsjtgq
http://tinyurl.com/lh9h6cm
http://bit.ly/1dnEUCl 47”
http://tinyurl.com/ls4c7ma
http://bit.ly/1dnEqw0
http://tinyurl.com/m7mflc5
http://bit.ly/1alYfUU
http://tinyurl.com/mgshfcq
http://tinyurl.com/mq28kk6
http://tinyurl.com/ksljoxo

Moueska


quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

Well since this item seems to be PRETTY slow...

You should go read the backlog of Home.Woot stories.

Or pick up Hinkle and Miller. Redline starts again on Friday, come Halifax, high water, or zombie apocolypse!

dernst_ca1


quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1
ThunderThighs wrote:Oh well. Oki-doki. ROFL. It'd still be nice to share the wealth.



Actually REst assured, I just tried to buy one for the heck of it and low and behold I got the "only one per customer" message and it would not let me buy.. SO there is the real answer in case anyone asks again TT.. Great methods of doing the krapp by the way

-JMHSRV



Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

aaee


quality posts: 4 Private Messages aaee
aaee wrote:The bad news for us folks on the west coast is that our odds are even worse of scoring one than anyone east of the Rockies. Of the 48 Offerings that have been posted so far, only 9 have been bought by anyone west of the rockies. The rest were all bought either in Texas or eastern states.. Probably has to do with the ISP and connection into the main terminals of the telco.. so us Wescoasters are basically skrewed.. Here is the list of URL's, see for yourself

http://tinyurl.com/llqrohx
http://bit.ly/19ug9BX
http://tinyurl.com/mjsx63q
http://bit.ly/170OtUR
http://tinyurl.com/k68k2d3
http://bit.ly/1d17s5V
http://tinyurl.com/ln4lt7v
http://tinyurl.com/jwngrd6
http://bit.ly/170S31s
http://bit.ly/1dnBzDf
http://tinyurl.com/mtjrvgo
http://bit.ly/16Y2QHE
http://bit.ly/13AOGPQ
http://tinyurl.com/lsjquwc
http://tinyurl.com/loz4fpt
http://tinyurl.com/lftupnp
http://tinyurl.com/mgte3aa
http://tinyurl.com/krrshvz
http://bit.ly/1bNWEVP
http://bit.ly/17Z1eMI
http://tinyurl.com/mrl3lfr
http://tinyurl.com/m89jtuj
http://bit.ly/14vWLA9
http://tinyurl.com/mbrofkh
http://tinyurl.com/lqn8j7w
http://bit.ly/14vWgpK
http://tinyurl.com/mtdptzw
http://bit.ly/19ue4pC
http://bit.ly/1dnEQm6
http://tinyurl.com/ks5u8ve
http://tinyurl.com/muyvqz8
http://tinyurl.com/luh3u4v
http://bit.ly/17FBcPO
http://bit.ly/1bNYWEh
http://bit.ly/13Nn9p6
http://bit.ly/16qTa9N
http://tinyurl.com/lt3pq7p
http://tinyurl.com/lt4relk
http://tinyurl.com/jvsjtgq
http://tinyurl.com/lh9h6cm
http://bit.ly/1dnEUCl 47”
http://tinyurl.com/ls4c7ma
http://bit.ly/1dnEqw0
http://tinyurl.com/m7mflc5
http://bit.ly/1alYfUU
http://tinyurl.com/mgshfcq
http://tinyurl.com/mq28kk6
http://tinyurl.com/ksljoxo



Now its 9 out of 53

http://tinyurl.com/kqrayrp
http://snipurl.com/27nltk6
http://tinyurl.com/l9jguub
http://tinyurl.com/llqrohx
http://bit.ly/19ug9BX

really surprised at how skewed the sales are to the East of the Rockies.. Two bought in TX most bought in the East

phileoca


quality posts: 11 Private Messages phileoca

I think you should publicly humiliate those who:
Use more than 1 account to get a Bandolier of Carrots sent to their address,
Try to get 2 Bandolier of Carrots#39;s in 1 week.


I also support the 1 Bandolier of Carrots per month rule. 1 Week is too short.

My wife woots too

fuloash


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fuloash

I love the new game woot! One thing, everytime I manage to get the code in and get one in my cart and hit checkout, it makes me sign in again! even if I haven't lost the page. I now feel like I have lost out on some good crap and am kind of sad =0(

jgering16


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgering16
fuloash wrote:I love the new game woot! One thing, everytime I manage to get the code in and get one in my cart and hit checkout, it makes me sign in again! even if I haven't lost the page. I now feel like I have lost out on some good crap and am kind of sad =0(



Mine was doing the same thing, but finally stopped that nonsense. However, more times than I care to admit I have got the item to submit order stage and lost out. Need faster computer, internet, and a bot apparently.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

jgering16 wrote:Mine was doing the same thing, but finally stopped that nonsense. However, more times than I care to admit I have got the item to submit order stage and lost out. Need faster computer, internet, and a bot apparently.



BOTS NOT INCLUDED:

uvaproseeder wrote:Woohoo! Finally got one after about 10 being snatched from me after clicking place order. Persistence pays off! Nothing fancy being used here, just spamming F5 and muscle memory moving from "I Want One" to "Add to Cart" To "Proceed to Checkout" to "Place Your Order." Good night all, and good luck!


liambc3


quality posts: 0 Private Messages liambc3

For anyone having an issue with the login each time they go for an item, you can set your browser (or use something like LastPass) to remember your password, so you don't have to type it in, just click the login button. You could always change the setting after the Bandolier of Carrots event if you aren't comfortable with your password being saved.

LEM-


quality posts: 147 Private Messages LEM-
liambc3 wrote:For anyone having an issue with the login each time they go for an item, you can set your browser (or use something like LastPass) to remember your password, so you don't have to type it in, just click the login button. You could always change the setting after the Bandolier of Carrots event if you aren't comfortable with your password being saved.



Still, and extra page load and a click will kill the deal. We are talking about milliseconds here. The real trick is to click "log out", and then "log in" again when an item is about to sell out. There is some set time limit after which you would have to reenter the password even if you are still logged in. That would reset it...