jgering16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgering16
ROGETRAY wrote:

Yup. Saw that. Just a little ashamed at how much of my day has been used chasing the dream.

wajames

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wajames

looks like the bots have mutated - may need to surround the URL at both ends again

wajames

o_O

wajames

wajames wrote:o_O

So bots win again - I don't see the Bandolier of Carrots scorers posting here

owlhooter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages owlhooter
wajames wrote:So bots win again - I don't see the Bandolier of Carrots scorers posting here

I scored one last night before the bots took over apparently.

wooting4keeps

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooting4keeps
wajames wrote:So bots win again - I don't see the Bandolier of Carrots scorers posting here

The last two winners (at least) have posted in the respective item discussions!

• First Woot: 08/21/2012
  • First Barge Of Carp: 04/24/2013
  • Second Box of Chips: Coming soon.
  • Total Woots as of 6/19/2013: 47
  • Dollars spent: $2000+

wajames

wooting4keeps wrote:The last two winners (at least) have posted in the respective item discussions!

not so much

== to clarify: if a bot can pluck the frame where the URL lives, it can easily parse for the string that starts with http -- what is not so easy is to parse for random characters at both the start and end of a URL - i think since bit.ly and tinyurl may have fixed string lengths - they can still beat us

Edit 2: But we are still human!

Edit 3: There you go!

skemmis

quality posts: 11 Private Messages skemmis

Staff

wajames wrote:not so much

== to clarify: if a bot can pluck the frame where the URL lives, it can easily parse for the string that starts with http -- what is not so easy is to parse for random characters at both the start and end of a URL - i think since bit.ly and tinyurl may have fixed string lengths - they can still beat us

Edit 2: But we are still human!

Never trust a machine you can't throw out a window. We're busy foiling them here at Woot HQ (AKA my bedroom)

wajames

skemmis wrote:Never trust a machine you can't throw out a window. We're busy foiling them here at Woot HQ (AKA my bedroom)

Killer Commute!

skemmis

quality posts: 11 Private Messages skemmis

Staff

If someone makes a bot that can solve these CAPTCHAs -- a tip of the cap.

owlhooter

skemmis wrote:If someone makes a bot that can solve these CAPTCHAs -- a tip of the cap.

Yeah, a bot to grab starting with bit.ly or tinyurl and grab the /whatever is infinitely easier than trying to remove data from the /whatever so I think putting anything in there will stop the bot, now it's who can copy/paste/edit faster than the next guy.

wajames

skemmis wrote:If someone makes a bot that can solve these CAPTCHAs -- a tip of the cap.

Could be Deep Blue - are you out there? Ken? I, for one, want my own Bandolier of Carrots

owlhooter

you should add a tinyurl to start before that that rick rolls (or whatever else is currently amusing) anyone using the bot :D

wajames

owlhooter wrote:you should add a tinyurl to start before that that rick rolls (or whatever else is currently amusing) anyone using the bot :D

deebeeus!

lichme

quality posts: 2680 Private Messages lichme

Challenge accepted!

Not really, it's bed time, but I do not think it would be dificult to do with the current setup. If you want to really make it hard, don't have the entire "CAPTCHA" in the same upper/lower case. Knowing that the actual /url part of the string is 7 characters, making a bot remove the excess characters through a loop, and checking the url to see if it is valid, is very possible. The longer the captcha, the longer it would take to validate, but again, easy enough to do.

lichme

quality posts: 2680 Private Messages lichme

Okay, so I had a little time, and I made it happen.

NOW it's bed time.

no you cannot have it, I did this for educational purposes, confirmed working

Also should be noted, F5ing was the easiest/fastest way to get it prior to the "CAPTCHA". The update helps the bots if they are still out there.

I got mine via F5ing

anja3000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages anja3000
lichme wrote:Okay, so I had a little time, and I made it happen.

NOW it's bed time.

no you cannot have it, I did this for educational purposes, confirmed working

Also should be noted, F5ing was the easiest/fastest way to get it prior to the "CAPTCHA". The update helps the bots if they are still out there.

I got mine via F5ing

Figured w00t won't stop this crap :|

I am on the backbone, 508MB/s down, 55MB/s up - IN Minneapolis, and yet that stupid cart crap stops me every time...

PLEASE LET US HAVE THE OPTION OF THE CART - IT DOES NOT HELP!

skail

quality posts: 1 Private Messages skail

Wow, I did NOT think I was going to get one, but now I have a Bucket of Chum to look forward to. Thanks, woot!

For the record, I got it by triple-clicking the entire description bubble, CTRL-C, CTRL-T, CTRL-V and then deleting the clue and the insertion. Probably not the fastest way, but somehow I got it through.

Yaaaaay! I love you, woot! :D And now I can go to work! Or, er... Dang it.

Buckets of Chum acquired on: 18JUN2013, 22AUG2013, 17FEB2014... and always seeking more!

kooshballwx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kooshballwx

So exciting! Thanks to my awesome husband he got me a Bandolier of Carrots! Now we both have one!!

Lucky Birthday of Celebrations : 3/9/11 , 4/1/11, 12/6/11, 1/19/12, 4/25/12, 5/23/12, 8/23/13, 7/3/14, 7/11/14

:-) Keep Calm and Woot On

hot72chev

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev

Great! Now I have to delete part of the message. Thanks, Woot, for adding an extra step that will slow me down even more.

My Destiny is to be the Crap-Less Wonder.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

hot72chev wrote:Great! Now I have to delete part of the message. Thanks, Woot, for adding an extra step that will slow me down even more.

But remember, everyone else has to remove it as well.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

carol2bs1grl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages carol2bs1grl
hot72chev wrote:Great! Now I have to delete part of the message. Thanks, Woot, for adding an extra step that will slow me down even more.

I hear ya....between that and the fact that my page keeps hanging while refreshing, I can't even click I want one, because it's already sold out by the time I get there, lol!

[urlhttp://imagecache.w00t.com/?url=http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/b5502c28-f049-480e-a59b-f63eded1a6a7.png[/url]

liambc3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages liambc3

Not even close the last few times. Hopefully near the end they'll put up a few Bandolier of Carrots links that have a stock of three at a time or something.

[Edit: After being so far away several times, I got one.

Score one for the humans!]

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot

I got to this one quick, but there are no sales stats. Was this link ever activated?

If the link wasn't activated, is there any chance I can get it since I was the first to point it out?

skail

quality posts: 1 Private Messages skail

Wow, big server slow-down. I'm having trouble even getting to the order page for normal items. :\

Buckets of Chum acquired on: 18JUN2013, 22AUG2013, 17FEB2014... and always seeking more!

mdrcoast

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast
ThunderThighs wrote:Fun for who? I mean some wooters are gonna complain no matter what we do so we might as well go for fun for us.

But I feel entitled! Don't I deserve a Bandolier of Carrots for just being here?

Nice job, even if I never will win one, Slow fingers... I like the new method. Keeps us paying attention.

snooty2toes

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snooty2toes
kooshballwx wrote:So exciting! Thanks to my awesome husband he got me a Bandolier of Carrots! Now we both have one!!

"If you use any Woot Service, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password ... Woot reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in its sole discretion."

Beetle Breakfast

thumperchick

quality posts: 234 Private Messages thumperchick
lichme wrote:Also should be noted, F5ing was the easiest/fastest way to get it prior to the "CAPTCHA". The update helps the bots if they are still out there.

I got mine via F5ing

^He's not joking. I played with the bot and I was faster and got closer with F5ing than the bots could work.

+1 for humans.

**TIP** for all of you who lost out due to having to log in again, go into "your account" every now and then - it'll make you login then. That way, when you add the Bag to your cart, you're already in the system. ;) Good luck!

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

This Woot-Off thread requires more Ninjas. There is a severe lack of Ninjas in this thread.

Well, with an exception of the winners, which means we actually have a LOT of Ninjas up in here. XD

Linad

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad
Moueska wrote:This Woot-Off thread requires more Ninjas. There is a severe lack of Ninjas in this thread.

stare at my post for 30 seconds to see a ninja

carol2bs1grl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages carol2bs1grl

Is the long delay in the next link because they are trying to fix the lag issue? Or just to drive us insane? If it's the latter...I'm pretty sure it's working, lol!

[urlhttp://imagecache.w00t.com/?url=http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/b5502c28-f049-480e-a59b-f63eded1a6a7.png[/url]

kooshballwx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kooshballwx
snooty2toes wrote:"If you use any Woot Service, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password ... Woot reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in its sole discretion."

If I was with him, its not giving out my password. I was signed in to our computer and we were both trying for it after he got his. He was just the lucky one at the computer when the link came up.

Lucky Birthday of Celebrations : 3/9/11 , 4/1/11, 12/6/11, 1/19/12, 4/25/12, 5/23/12, 8/23/13, 7/3/14, 7/11/14

:-) Keep Calm and Woot On

wolv90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wolv90

(HINT: it's where the joke/clue usually is).

And where is that exactly, I have been all over the sitre and can't find a url anywhere? Clue Please!!!!!!!!

Linad

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad
wolv90 wrote:(HINT: it's where the joke/clue usually is).

And where is that exactly, I have been all over the sitre and can't find a url anywhere? Clue Please!!!!!!!!

There is no link right now but wait for the next woot item and there will be a link instead of the text "No Bandolier of Carrots here.."

wolv90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wolv90
Linad wrote:

There is no link right now but wait for the next woot item and there will be a link instead of the text "No Bandolier of Carrots here.."

Thank you so much, I felt like I was going crazy.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
Linad wrote:Stare at my post for 30 seconds to see a ninja

WIN!!!

Hmm... we should find all of D00mcat's "The Most Unstealthy Ninja" pics, too...

JMHSRV

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JMHSRV

Starting to accept the fact that I am simply too far away from the source of the signal.. 98% of all the offerings have been bought by folks on the East Coast, North and South East.. California, Oregon and Washington are simply too far away to receive the signal in time.. by milliseconds, but too late... Always..

fuloash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fuloash

Woot rules! Thank you writers for dealing with the bots! After almost 2 days of super close calls, was able to get my Bandolier of Carrots

JMHSRV

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JMHSRV
fuloash wrote:Woot rules! Thank you writers for dealing with the bots! After almost 2 days of super close calls, was able to get my Bandolier of Carrots

Awesome! Congrats

Struck out every time.. twice it told me I could only buy one.. when I haven't bought any.....

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot
renrutnairbwoot wrote:I got to this one quick, but there are no sales stats. Was this link ever activated?

If the link wasn't activated, is there any chance I can get it since I was the first to point it out?

Still bummed the one Bandolier of Carrots was never activated and I can't convince TT to open it up just for me. They were originally planning to sell it anyway, why not sell it to me.

If you click on the link I have above, you will see that there isn't a Sales Stats tab. I confirmed that this Bandolier of Carrots was never activated. Which means everybody that went to it thought they were too slow.