JMHSRV

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JMHSRV
renrutnairbwoot wrote:Still bummed the one Bandolier of Carrots was never activated and I can't convince TT to open it up just for me. They were originally planning to sell it anyway, why not sell it to me.

If you click on the link I have above, you will see that there isn't a Sales Stats tab. I confirmed that this Bandolier of Carrots was never activated. Which means everybody that went to it thought they were too slow.

weird

JMHSRV

arrrrghhhhh.....

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

^_^

/repost

Frustrated Wooters pushing and shoving for Bandolier of Carrots and grouching when they don't get it = Nostalgic Lulz

Nostalgic Lulz + "Let's Get Dangerous" + Wootlibs(in Links) + VideoChallenge = Best Woot-off Evar

JMHSRV

unless this rolls into tomorrow this looks like it could be the end... I have to say I really like the theory behind the urls.. I just wish that the odds were better for folks on the West Coast.. The signal simply doesn't make it here fast enough.. distance does matter. If there were maybe two or three per link and/or the link was a bit buried in the product description or even spread across all the woot pages having woot-offs...

But I do like the whole linky dink thing..

Congrats ya really got me on this one...

JMHSRV

Moueska wrote:^_^

/repost

Frustrated Wooters pushing and shoving for Bandolier of Carrots and grouching when they don't get it = Nostalgic Lulz

Nostalgic Lulz + "Let's Get Dangerous" + Wootlibs(in Links) + VideoChallenge = Best Woot-off Evar

nice!

JMHSRV

ThunderThighs wrote:Time off. *Snort*

heh.. I bet you are all busier than ever

jdpman

quality posts: 16 Private Messages jdpman

On the other topic of a west coast conspiracy, I'd just like to point out that the Bandolier of Carrots I got last night (http://tinyurl.com/m6uypjy) didn't get listed in the giant list on the second page of this discussion (Washingtonian here). So add 1 more to the west coast tally. More importantly though, I think those of you who think your geographic location is failing you need to look at a population density map of the US where you'll find out that the majority of the population is east of the Mississippi. Add in Texas and the midwest, and the west coast states just doesn't have nearly as many people in comparison. You might be thinking, "but in a regular sale, the west coast states are always lit up!" Or that there are lots of techies on the west coast. That might be true when everyone has ample time and money to choose if they need some woot junk, but when it comes down to ONE Badgers or Chipmunks up for grabs, anyone anywhere could get it. So it makes sense that the map of who gets crap follows pretty closely with what the previous population map shows. Finally, if you think the internet backbone goes to the east coast before the west coast, you need to go read about how networks work lol.

I don't have some super computer or a direct connection to the backbone of the internet (just a normal tier Comcast connection in fact), but I was able to get a Bandolier of Carrots . It was just the luck of the draw. Don't be whiners and blame it on us being from the west coast. It has nothing to do with that and you're making the rest of us left coasters look like poor sport crybabies.

JMHSRV

jdpman wrote:On the other topic of a west coast conspiracy, I'd just like to point out that the Bandolier of Carrots I got last night (http://tinyurl.com/m6uypjy) didn't get listed in the giant list on the second page of this discussion (Washingtonian here). So add 1 more to the west coast tally. More importantly though, I think those of you who think your geographic location is failing you need to look at a population density map of the US where you'll find out that the majority of the population is east of the Mississippi. Add in Texas and the midwest, and the west coast states just doesn't have nearly as many people in comparison. You might be thinking, "but in a regular sale, the west coast states are always lit up!" Or that there are lots of techies on the west coast. That might be true when everyone has ample time and money to choose if they need some woot junk, but when it comes down to ONE Badgers or Chipmunks up for grabs, anyone anywhere could get it. So it makes sense that the map of who gets crap follows pretty closely with what the previous population map shows. Finally, if you think the internet backbone goes to the east coast before the west coast, you need to go read about how networks work lol.

I don't have some super computer or a direct connection to the backbone of the internet (just a normal tier Comcast connection in fact), but I was able to get a Bandolier of Carrots . It was just the luck of the draw. Don't be whiners and blame it on us being from the west coast. It has nothing to do with that and you're making the rest of us left coasters look like poor sport crybabies.

Um... I was merely making an observations. I am glad I provided you the opportunity to express your opinion. I do not believe that I said the back bone of the internet routes through the East Coast, but I do know for a fact that the closer you are to the Central Office (CO) of the ISP the stronger your signal in an out.. Certainly you cannot deny that.. In any event I am not crying conspiracy. I said I liked it and just wished I lived closer to the CO..

jdpman

quality posts: 16 Private Messages jdpman
JMHSRV wrote:Um... I was merely making an observations. I am glad I provided you the opportunity to express your opinion. I do not believe that I said the back bone of the internet routes through the East Coast, but I do know for a fact that the closer you are to the Central Office (CO) of the ISP the stronger your signal in an out.. Certainly you cannot deny that.. In any event I am not crying conspiracy. I said I liked it and just wished I lived closer to the CO..

I won't get into a back-and-forth about ISPs as I think it would go nowhere. I just believe your luck of hitting F5 at the right time and then clicking your way through plus editing the link as fast as possible makes a far greater difference than the milliseconds that could be shaved off depending on how close you are to your local ISP's CO and how far away your connection to woot's servers are. It might play into it very slightly, but again, not nearly as much as your own finger speed does.

And I didn't mean for my previous comment to come off as snarky as it did. Nor was I directing my comment at anyone in particular. But it's too late to edit it now. Sorry about that.

JMHSRV

jdpman wrote:I won't get into a back-and-forth about ISPs as I think it would go nowhere. I just believe your luck of hitting F5 at the right time and then clicking your way through plus editing the link as fast as possible makes a far greater difference than the milliseconds that could be shaved off depending on how close you are to your local ISP's CO and how far away your connection to woot's servers are. It might play into it very slightly, but again, not nearly as much as your own finger speed does.

And I didn't mean for my previous comment to come off as snarky as it did. Nor was I directing my comment at anyone in particular. But it's too late to edit it now. Sorry about that.

::Dood hug:: all good. great wootoff no crap here..
Id do it all again

jon98gn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages jon98gn
thumperchick wrote:^He's not joking. I played with the bot and I was faster and got closer with F5ing than the bots could work.

+1 for humans.

The Bot? Was there one out there for general consumption or did you pull one together yourself? I think lichme may have gotten his prior to the oversaturation of bots pulling the URLs. I was lucky two-fold getting mine the human way.

1. I got it at 2 am pst so everyone was sleeping. tinyurl.com/lsdxzxo

2. I got it when they started doing the captchas. So the programming wasn't adjusted. That being said, I think it was one of my slower attempts because I had to click details to even copy/paste. Then I didn't have time to grab the last character when highlighting so I manually typed that one in.

\

Tiamat114

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Tiamat114

Tally another one for the humans. I got mine last night from bit.ly/17Z3TGq and it was terribly exciting. I managed to get it in my cart a few times, checkout once, and finally snagged one after about 20-30 tries.

Edit: All I want in my Badgers or Chipmunks is a bunch of those Injitech socks, in mediums. Here's to hoping! Of course it won't happen, but I'll still want the crap I end up getting all the same since it's always fun.

Also now I feel old, what kid wants socks for christmas?

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
jon98gn wrote:The Bot? Was there one out there for general consumption or did you pull one together yourself? I think lichme may have gotten his prior to the oversaturation of bots pulling the URLs. I was lucky two-fold getting mine the human way.

1. I got it at 2 am pst so everyone was sleeping. tinyurl.com/lsdxzxo

2. I got it when they started doing the captchas. So the programming wasn't adjusted. That being said, I think it was one of my slower attempts because I had to click details to even copy/paste. Then I didn't have time to grab the last character when highlighting so I manually typed that one in.

I was TOTALLY awake at 2am, thankyewverrymuch

XD

jon98gn

codex wrote:Soooo... if there's only [at most] one Bandolier of Carrots per listing, methinks this could maybe stand to be revised? Given that those numbers were accurate when there were about 2500 Bandoliers per batch, I'm thinkin' we're currently off by a couple orders of magnitude.

They haven't done 2500-3000 in a really long time. I think everyone agreed that to maintain the quality and randomness of the bag contents they had to make some adjustments. The adjustment was better contents, less bags given because the crappier conents/more bags made everyone get the same not-so random contents and those contents were basically pallet items from the less than a dollar store grab bags. Believe me I've had some disappointed bags, but nothing is more disappointing then contents that were not only worthless but the same worthless item that everyone else got (e.g. flu preparedness kits, soda can snap kits, a lip gloss, and a couple of desktop tripods).

Also. I wonder whose random really old and used DirectTv cable box I got. I eventually just trashed it, but it did warrant a Really?!?!? RCA only outputs.... no hard drive to even see what the staff member likes to watch...

\

biggiephat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages biggiephat

got my tracking details. 7.1 pounds and dimensions of 24x12x12. Be here in NJ on Thursday. Can't wait!

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1

6.4 lbs
17"x12"x12"
Est delivery 29th

assbutts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages assbutts

Eta Sat 8/31
4.4lbs
14x10x8 in.

Here crappy crappy crappy crappy

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

stryper2000

quality posts: 28 Private Messages stryper2000

mine is 5 lbs and 23x12x12

due on 8/30/13(or a day early)

The Craphound of Woot

Antagonist of Sellbuyer92 , I sniped his Basket Of Checkers

x38

acraigl

quality posts: 43 Private Messages acraigl

6.6lbs and 13x13x13in.
My first one in over a year! Can't wait.

kinimin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kinimin

9x9x9 2.6 lbs. Does that seem unusually small to anyone else?

The wifes is 14x10x8 and 5lbs. That seems more usual to me.

biggiephat

kinimin wrote:9x9x9 2.6 lbs. Does that seem unusually small to anyone else?

I'm usually the one that gets the 3 pound tiny box. I'm happy to have a pretty big box in my biggest size yet.

acraigl

Bigger is not always better. You may actually have a nice surprise in there*. One of my best bags was the smallest and included a flip Mino HD, batteries, a collapsible wine tote and a bunch of other useful goodies.

*count on getting crap

theycallmemrdo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theycallmemrdo

I got the same size and weight too, for the packaging, it says Packaging Package, does that mean its a box or a bag?

kinimin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kinimin
theycallmemrdo wrote:I got the same size and weight too, for the packaging, it says Packaging Package, does that mean its a box or a bag?

It says that on both of ours so I'm not sure. I would assume that since it has three dimensions that it's a box

biggiephat

Bandolier of Carrots out for delivery in NJ. Can't wait.

jon98gn

3.9 lbs 14x10x8 in. Out for delivery in Los Angeles. Video soon to follow later tonight.

\

jon98gn

One unboxing of 3.9 lbs of precious cargo. Thanks Woot!

unboxing video

UPDATED:
Contents for the lazy
- One crabby bag
- One screaming woot monkey black cape
- One Kids Size 8 (Always leave a note)
- One Alpine Meadows lotion kit
- One Black Notepad Kit
- One 180s Headphones Ear Warmers
- One T638 RC helicopter (WORKING!) although I did lose it temporarily in my neighbors yard. I was able to retrieve it before their Boxers ate it.

\

acraigl

Got mine. No video, so you'll have to use your imagination. Pretty good haul, very happy. Thanks Woot!

6.8lbs, 13x13x13

1x Alpine Meadows Shower Gel and Lotion Gift Set
1x Small Crab Bag
1x Kids Size 8 T "Elephant in Whale in Woods"
2x Sanyo 4-pk AAA Batteries
1x Panasonic Alkaline + Battery Pack (24AA and 8 AAA)
2x Global 4GB Media Player - Touch Screen
1x 180's Earwarmers with Headphones - Urban Soft Shell
1x Journal Notebook Set
1x Remington King of Shaves
2x Remington King of Shaves Replacement Cartridges
1x Lady's Hot Chillys Salsa Athletic Zip T - Pink
1x Flying Monkey with Black Woot cape and mask

This was worth it for the batteries alone.

Update: Surprise gift... the media players contain music, videos and audiobooks, so while they look new, they are definitely retinkered.

tehlilone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tehlilone

Got mine today! It was 14x10x8 and weighed 5.2 lbs.

1 x Small Crab bag
1 x Journal set
1 x Alpine Meadows Shower Gel and Lotion Gift Set
1 x Motorola Bluetooth Mouse w/ 2 AAA batteries
2 x Sanyo 4-Pack AA Batteries
1 x Woot Monkey w/ Woot Speech bubble on cape
1 x Kid's Size 8 Star Map shirt (http://shirt.woot.com/offers/star-map)
1 x High Peak Compact Sleeping Bag

kooshballwx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kooshballwx

Looks like you guys are getting some nice crap. I can't wait to see what kind of crap I get! Still waiting on my tracking number so I can see the size/weight

Lucky Birthday of Celebrations : 3/9/11 , 4/1/11, 12/6/11, 1/19/12, 4/25/12, 5/23/12, 8/23/13, 7/3/14, 7/11/14

:-) Keep Calm and Woot On

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1