WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

It's already Day 3 of the Ultimate Challenge, and we gotta tell ya. You guys are blowing us away with your enthusiasm! We especially love that you continue to post videos even though you don't think you've made the top five.

And on that note, don't let those quick-draw mcgraws discourage you. As the results of Day 2's challenge proved, you could be #6 and still nab a Bag of Crap because one of the previous videos failed to include all the key elements of the challenge.

In case you need a refresher on those rules, here they are:

THE RULES

• The first FIVE (5) people to post their own Ultimate Challenge video in the discussion thread of the corresponding blog post (NOT the Video Wootcast thread or the YouTube thread) will receive a private link to a page where they can purchase a Bag of Crap. These links will be unique to each purchaser, and sent via PM.
  • The items used in your personal video do NOT have to be identical to the items we use in our video. However, it needs to be a reasonably approximate re-creation of the same action. For instance, if our video shows us bouncing Ping-Pong balls into Solo cups, you have to be bouncing some sort of ball into some sort of cup. A video of you tap-dancing to "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman, while extraordinarily entertaining, will not be counted as an eligible submission.
  • You do NOT need to best our competitors. But if you don't, we'll laugh at you.
  • You can only post one video per challenge. If you post more than one video per challenge, none of your videos will count.
  • As always with the BOC, individuals are limited to one BOC per week. So if you get one, you're done.

Now ... ready to show us what you've got? I present to you the Woot Ultimate Challenge!

DAY 3: SQUIRT GUN MARKSMANSHIP

THE SCORE TO BEAT

Despite Kristy's obviously superior sniper stance, Jason snags the victory with a whole bunch of Army men knocked down versus Kristy's not many Army men knocked down. We don't know the actual numbers because we were too lazy to count.

Jason - Win!, Kristy - Lose :(

Linad

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad

Decided to go for speed rather than quality =P Hope it counts!

Make sure to watch in HD!

selor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages selor

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

/SQUEE

But! I'll have to find a place to do it.

I don't think I can inside the kitchen...

barkwoot

quality posts: 173 Private Messages barkwoot

Un0fficial

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Un0fficial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugkahyCA53w

Intrepid Wooter
58 total woots including (Not all listed)
12/1/2010, 4/1/2011, 7/12/2011, 9/14/2011, 12/6/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/2012, 4/24/2012, 5/22/2012, 6/26/2012, 7/12/2012(5x), 8/21/2013, 12/3/2013, 1/15/2014, 4/22/2014, 6/2/2014 Bags of Crap

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Linad wrote:http://youtu.be/PTO25GAR4nw

Dude, the sound effects totally made your video!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Linad

ThunderThighs wrote:Dude, the sound effects totally made your video!

Now to bed! only 5 hours until work =X Goodnight everyone!!

selor

squirt gun = water bottle (holds water, right?)

army guy = deodorant stick (they both fall over, right?)

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester

skemmis

quality posts: 17 Private Messages skemmis

Staff

selor wrote:

"a tour de force" - me

stryper2000

quality posts: 50 Private Messages stryper2000

Just for giggles( I already got a Bandolier of Carrots in The Woot off)

http://youtu.be/CCK1WoiBa5c

It's a clip of a gun game I played months ago on Call of Duty:Black Ops 2 on PS3

Good luck to all of you competing in the challenge

x42

nimda79

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nimda79
Linad wrote:

Make sure to watch in HD!

This made me LOL

Caver2130

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Caver2130

amynance

quality posts: 6 Private Messages amynance

Staff

bluejester wrote:Here goes nothing:

woot water

Got a "video does not exist" message. Erps ...

Un0fficial

amynance wrote:Got a "video does not exist" message. Erps ...

I won right? God I hope so.. haven't got a Bandolier of Carrots in like a year :'(

Intrepid Wooter
12/1/2010, 4/1/2011, 7/12/2011, 9/14/2011, 12/6/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/2012, 4/24/2012, 5/22/2012, 6/26/2012, 7/12/2012(5x), 8/21/2013, 12/3/2013, 1/15/2014, 4/22/2014, 6/2/2014 Bags of Crap

bluejester

Errrgh! It was working before. I am trying to fix it now. *sigh* stupid youtube...

bluejester

fixed

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

selor wrote:

"No Old Spice product was harmed in the making of this video" - Old Spice representative

conculcate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages conculcate

Consider this a video of a wooter who doesn't have a video camera

Zarabear

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Zarabear

http://youtu.be/M3aWnuvTSi0

Couldn't find little toy soldiers, figure stormtroopers are soldiers, right?? The gun scared me when it went off, I was not expecting a stream that powerful!

Too many to list... Woot on, Wayne.

amynance

Staff

[quote postid="5532122" user="Zarabear"]http://youtu.be/M3aWnuvTSi0

Couldn't find little toy soldiers, figure stormtroopers are soldiers, right?? The gun scared me when it went off, I was not expecting a stream that powerful!

Amazeballs.

Un0fficial

Bah I keep refreshing hoping for a link >_<

Can someone tell me if the links are sent tonight or like, tomorrow before the new ones, I DONT KNOW AHHH

/me jumps off a bridge

Intrepid Wooter

amynance

Staff

Un0fficial wrote:Bah I keep refreshing hoping for a link >_<

Can someone tell me if the links are sent tonight or like, tomorrow before the new ones, I DONT KNOW AHHH
<span class="txtIrcMe">&nbsp;*&nbsp;amynance jumps off a bridge

</span>
Step away from that ledge! The links will go out tomorrowish.

Zarabear

Hmm... and now a conundrum for the late hour.

Stay up, see if I can nab a link fast enough to get a Bandolier of Carrots or... go to sleep and wait and hope my video makes the cut to get a link tomorrow.

*asks her magic 8 ball*

Un0fficial

Question though, if I happen to score a Bandolier of Carrots tonight during the woot off, would I still be bound by the 1 Bandolier of Carrots per week thing?

Intrepid Wooter

spilzer

quality posts: 121 Private Messages spilzer

Once again, I'm late to the game, plus I didn't have a squirt gun so I had to improvise. Also, sorry about the vertical video syndrome...I'll remember to rotate the camera next time, I promise!

amynance

Staff

spilzer wrote:Once again, I'm late to the game, plus I didn't have a squirt gun so I had to improvise. Sorry about the vertical video syndrome...I'll remember to rotate the camera next time, I promise!

Are ... are those wee cows? This whole thing is so hideously awesome, I'm actually sad you didn't get in there faster.

spilzer

quality posts: 121 Private Messages spilzer
amynance wrote:Are ... are those wee cows? This whole thing is so hideously awesome, I'm actually sad you didn't get in there faster.

Yes, mini cows! From the Swedish board game "Fabodspelet - Tjugo Vita Kossor" or, in English, "20 Cows". The basic premise of the game is to go through the board collecting herds of cows and whoever has the most at the end wins. Different things happen at different spots along the path. It was one of my favorite games as a child.

And thanks for the sympathy points. I'm actually having a lot more fun approaching the challenges casually and being goofy rather than trying hardcore to win a bag. Especially since I'm moving next week, so the last thing I need around the apartment is more crap!

Zarabear

This was fun. I'd never done a video, had to figure out youtube. (wouldn't work on my phone so I had to figure how to compress and mail the video too!) hehehe

Excited for the chance. Hopeful that I had JUST found my son's water gun this afternoon (buried in his sock drawer?) and so I figured I might as well go for it!

Moueska

My marksmanship is poor. But hey, no editing this time!

EDIT:
True story about the one with the eyepatch. My son came to me and part of the face of his soldier was rubbed off. The soldier actually didn't have silver on any part, and was just gray. "Fix him, Mommy," says my four-year-old.

He now has silver embellishment paint on his stirrups, belt, helmet, and cuffs. And an eyepatch.

I hope he never loses it.

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot
Un0fficial wrote:Question though, if I happen to score a Bandolier of Carrots tonight during the woot off, would I still be bound by the 1 Bandolier of Carrots per week thing?

I am wondering the same thing...but different. I snagged a day 2 Ultimate Challenge PM Bag of Crap. Can I get a Bag of Crap during the woot off too? That is...if I am fast enough with copy/paste.

It seems to me I should be able to since it is being offered in a different format. I see that once per week deal as one Bag of Crap for each way they offer them during that week.

I am guessing the woot! staff is monitoring this thread. However, if I don't see a response in the somewhat near future, I will probably copy/paste this in another thread.

falken

quality posts: 1 Private Messages falken

Does anyone here have a friend? I see no one that made it a challenge, everyone just did a video by themselves.

Linad

falken wrote:Does anyone here have a friend? I see no one that made it a challenge, everyone just did a video by themselves.

Not too many friends around at 1am

selor

falken wrote:Does anyone here have a friend? I see no one that made it a challenge, everyone just did a video by themselves.

The girlfriend had better things to do than help make me a video of me squirting a deodorant stick. Things like sleeping.

Moueska

My kid had to be up for preschool the next day, so waking him up would have been bad parenting. ;)

Slydon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

I have nothing to do with this contest but I wish I had crap to give to everyone because all these videos are JUST SO GOOD

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

amynance

Staff

renrutnairbwoot wrote:I am wondering the same thing...but different. I snagged a day 2 Ultimate Challenge PM Bag of Crap. Can I get a Bag of Crap during the woot off too? That is...if I am fast enough with copy/paste.

It seems to me I should be able to since it is being offered in a different format. I see that once per week deal as one Bag of Crap for each way they offer them during that week.

I am guessing the woot! staff is monitoring this thread. However, if I don't see a response in the somewhat near future, I will probably copy/paste this in another thread.

Sorry for the late response, y'all. The official answer to this is, yes, you can get a Bandolier of Carrots in both the Ultimate Challenge AND the Woot Off. Just not two from one of them. Happy Wooting!

amynance

Staff

Slydon wrote:I have nothing to do with this contest but I wish I had crap to give to everyone because all these videos are JUST SO GOOD

Fo realz, yo.

Linad

amynance wrote:Sorry for the late response, y'all. The official answer to this is, yes, you can get a Bandolier of Carrots in both the Ultimate Challenge AND the Woot Off. Just not two from one of them. Happy Wooting!

Guess I'm going home for the rest of the day. Enough work has been done. Time to stock up on crap!

Edit: Just got my link for this one! I'll play nice and wont go after any more crap this week =) I might still do the video challenges for fun though ;)