0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

PhilMcCrakin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PhilMcCrakin

Hummm I need a blue ray player but don't need the 3D, tempting.

sumthingsilver

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sumthingsilver

If anyone has this unit, have you had success with playing MKV (3D or just HD) files off of a USB drive?

goldenfir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldenfir
sumthingsilver wrote:If anyone has this unit, have you had success with playing MKV (3D or just HD) files off of a USB drive?

I have yet to try that. Sounds like a great experiment though to see if that would work.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 583 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

A couple people posted in the last thread that they didn't know what they were looking for for the Bandolier of Carrots.

You're looking in the box in the upper-right where the writer's blurb would usually be. It's not on every sale.

Here's an example from an earlier sale. Don't try it, it's already sold out.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

tcfco2005

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tcfco2005

Does anyone know the refresh rate on this device?

mattlscc

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mattlscc
ThunderThighs wrote:A couple people posted in the last thread that they didn't know what they were looking for for the Bandolier of Carrots.

You're looking in the box in the upper-right where the writer's blurb would usually be. It's not on every sale.

Does it show up that clearly? How could you miss it?

marmorae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marmorae

Got this earlier,

OK blu-ray player
Slow as hell Netflix/Youtube/Hulu player.

Takes like 2-3 seconds each button press to navigate the menu on the apps.

Its good for that tv in the corner of you house still rocken a dvd player but not what I would want as a central entertainment device.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 583 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mattlscc wrote:Does it show up that clearly? How could you miss it?

Yup. That clearly. The only way you can miss it is if that sale doesn't have one. It'll show on the main page where I showed you or on the sale page below the "Add to cart" button.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lifevirusx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lifevirusx
mattlscc wrote:Does it show up that clearly? How could you miss it?

Because when they say 'somewhere on the page' people start looking everywhere and to have to search the entire page every new sale in case it pops up in the disclaimer at the bottom if the page is a bit silly

evb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages evb

Bought this a month ago and LOVE it. The player works with both active and passive 3D glasses - looks great with my passive 3D Vizio! Netflix streams very nicely and there is a full internet browser built in. The player does not support flash so you will not be able to stream from Amazon. Logitech USB keyboards with or without a mouse work well with this. Bluetooth thingies will not work.

afxtwin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages afxtwin
ThunderThighs wrote:A couple people posted in the last thread that they didn't know what they were looking for for the Bandolier of Carrots.

would it only appear on the main page or can it show up on the other woot-off items?

k2wananb

quality posts: 12 Private Messages k2wananb
sumthingsilver wrote:If anyone has this unit, have you had success with playing MKV (3D or just HD) files off of a USB drive?

I didn't have this model, but an older Samsung bluray player I had had no problem playing mkv files.

calpencil

quality posts: 2 Private Messages calpencil

I've seen this on Woot! about 20 times now. If you don't buy , don't cry because they'll bring it back again. Seriously though...how many of these did Samsung make and thought they would sell? There must have been a lot of Samsung overstock.

3D is great for the movie theaters...not really worth it at home unless you have a complete sound system, large screen, and you really enjoy the 3D aspects.

Anyway, I'm looking for a region free player, and I don't think there are any hacks for this one unfortunately.

timtlm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timtlm

I have also purchased this from woot in the past, and it is a good player for the price. The UI of the apps is pretty slow, so don't expect it to perform as well as a Roku for internet apps. It has 3D if you need it, and wifi too. Also, one of the apps you can use is Plex, which is pretty cool for streaming media from a PC in your home.

poetslair

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poetslair

READ the reviews on amazon for this player, they are terrible. Looks like there is alot of trouble updating this player, and I don't believe it comes with Netflix or the usual....just do some research first!

Frankster14

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Frankster14

I bought this a few weeks back. I've been extremely satisfied with Woot overall, but this particular refurb was, well, really a refurb. The player that I received was dirty and smudged with fingerprints, had more than the usual amount of surface scratches on the top and the display face, and some funk/toejam/ok probably battery acid in the remote control battery compartment. Machine works fine and as advertised, but I was surprised by the appearance. I've bought refurbs from Woot before, and virtually every other time the quality of the product was as if the product was brand new. Not this time, but YMMV. Also agree on an earlier comment - navigating the apps menu and getting them to load is a painfully S-L-O-W process, but it's not meant to be a Roku or an AppleTV I guess. Still love ya though, Woot.

timtlm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timtlm
poetslair wrote:READ the reviews on amazon for this player, they are terrible. Looks like there is alot of trouble updating this player, and I don't believe it comes with Netflix or the usual....just do some research first!

True, I did the research and read those reviews, but still decided to buy it. Most of the reviews are prior to a firmware update that fixed a lot of issues. Also, most of those people paid twice as much as it costs here. Most complaints revolve around the apps and web browser. I haven't seen a single TV or Blu-ray player with internet apps that has a nice smooth UI. If you want apps, buy a Roku.

Frankster14

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Frankster14
poetslair wrote:READ the reviews on amazon for this player, they are terrible. Looks like there is alot of trouble updating this player, and I don't believe it comes with Netflix or the usual....just do some research first!

I have this machine - Netflix, Pandora and several other apps are definitely pre-installed on the main app menu.