liambc3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages liambc3
disdoodle wrote:How do you know if you won?

You would've received a PM with a link to the Bandolier of Carrots I doubt anything short of real tent pitching won.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
amynance wrote:BAH! Your video is still unavailable. If it doesn't load soon, someone might beat you out!

Well, did I make it? I'm assuming by the lack of PM that the answer is no...

Linad

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad

This was an awesome challenge! No time to make a video but here's a similar video of me and a friend building an igloo! Enjoy :p

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot
disdoodle wrote:How do you know if you won?

I am guessing you won since you built something in your video. You probably won't see a PM until this afternoon. First two days were around 2 PM CST.

disdoodle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages disdoodle
renrutnairbwoot wrote:I am guessing you won since you built something in your video. You probably won't see a PM until this afternoon. First two days were around 2 PM CST.

Thanks for the help!

amynance

quality posts: 6 Private Messages amynance

Staff

orabbit wrote:Well, did I make it? I'm assuming by the lack of PM that the answer is no...

I'm sorry, my friend. But someone snuck in there before your video was viewable.

amynance

Staff

liambc3 wrote:You would've received a PM with a link to the Bandolier of Carrots I doubt anything short of real tent pitching won.

Bandolier of Carrots are still to come. Stay tuned ...

disdoodle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages disdoodle
amynance wrote:Bandolier of Carrots are still to come. Stay tuned ...

Thank you!

liambc3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages liambc3
amynance wrote:Bandolier of Carrots are still to come. Stay tuned ...

I guess I spoke too soon. Retracted!
Good luck everyone .

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
manhandsha wrote:They were the same size, his just had a screened in porch thingy..

...which added a lot of space. And more poles. Don't try to get out of this one, cheater.

Also, all of you people are amazing and these videos are great. Thanks for playing along!

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

amynance

Staff

Gatzby wrote:...which added a lot of space. And more poles. Don't try to get out of this one, cheater.

Also, all of you people are amazing and these videos are great. Thanks for playing along!

Awwwkwaaaaaard.

barkwoot

quality posts: 151 Private Messages barkwoot

amynance

Staff

barkwoot wrote:

HA! The tiny fire and marshmallow stick! The only way this could have been better is if someone at work had walked over and caught you in the act. Love it.

amynance

Staff

Linad wrote:This was an awesome challenge! No time to make a video but here's a similar video of me and a friend building an igloo! Enjoy :p

WHAAAAAAA?! That's crazy!

Linad

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad
amynance wrote:WHAAAAAAA?! That's crazy!

The crazy part is that it stayed up for nearly 3 months! I tried to rebuild it this past winter and failed miserably. The wall collapsed right on top of me!

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

Wow! AT the people pitching actual tents in the middle of the night! And, some of the creative solutions were amazing!

And Gatzby, at least you were a good sport about it even though they clearly gave you a bigger tent!

capguncowboy

quality posts: 15 Private Messages capguncowboy

I can pitch a tent pretty fast. Not as fast as when I was a teenager, but not much slower.

EDIT: VIDEO HAS BEEN REMOVED BY MOD. THAT'S GROSS.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
baybei wrote:Wow! AT the people pitching actual tents in the middle of the night! And, some of the creative solutions were amazing!

And Gatzby, at least you were a good sport about it even though they clearly gave you a bigger tent!

...only because they didn't tell me they were different until she had won... grumble.

We'll rematch someday! (And I'll still lose. I'm terrible at tents.)

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

phermat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phermat

Do the links show up here, or via email? Or both?

*Really hoping trashing my office was worth it*

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei
Gatzby wrote:...only because they didn't tell me they were different until she had won... grumble.

We'll rematch someday! (And I'll still lose. I'm terrible at tents.)

LOL!~ Don't feel bad, I have a hard time setting up my easy up! It says Easy Up, but I need help and still managed to mess it up! So, if nothing else, you can feel good that you'd beat me trying to set up any tent...I can just see myself breaking poles!

barkwoot

quality posts: 151 Private Messages barkwoot
phermat wrote:Do the links show up here, or via email? Or both?

*Really hoping trashing my office was worth it*

If you're a winner, you'll get a PM with the link. Look at the envelope icon toward the top of the page, above the forum page selection.

Counting the entries, I'd guess you might have been a little late. I don't have any idea how Woot! is judging what qualifies as a tent though. Good Luck!

phermat

barkwoot wrote:
Counting the entries, I'd guess you might have been a little late. I don't have any idea how Woot! is judging what qualifies as a tent though. Good Luck!

Thanks! No sign yet. On the plus side, 2 of the videos above me in the thread were non-accessible at the time my video went live.

jfenchel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfenchel
phermat wrote:Thanks! No sign yet. On the plus side, 2 of the videos above me in the thread were non-accessible at the time my video went live.

I got mine around noon so you're probably out of luck if the little pm icon isn't showing up at the top of the forum page by the forum tabs

phermat

jfenchel wrote:I got mine around noon so you're probably out of luck if the little pm icon isn't showing up at the top of the forum page by the forum tabs

Rats!