WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

You guys are KILLING IT on these challenges. We're amazed by your resourcefulness. No squirt gun or Army men? Spitting at tiny cows it is! But here's the deal. Up until this point, nabbing those Bags of Crap has been like taking candy from a baby. But it's about to get serious. Like, srsly serious.

We're trembling with anticipation to see what's going to come of this one. But before we get down to biznass, we give you, once again, the rules:

THE RULES

• The first FIVE (5) people to post their own Ultimate Challenge video in the discussion thread of the corresponding blog post (NOT the Video Wootcast thread or the YouTube thread) will receive a private link to a page where they can purchase a Bag of Crap. These links will be unique to each purchaser, and sent via PM.
  • The items used in your personal video do NOT have to be identical to the items we use in our video. However, it needs to be a reasonably approximate re-creation of the same action. For instance, if our video shows us bouncing Ping-Pong balls into Solo cups, you have to be bouncing some sort of ball into some sort of cup. A video of you tap-dancing to "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman, while extraordinarily entertaining, will not be counted as an eligible submission.
  • You do NOT need to best our competitors. But if you don't, we'll laugh at you.
  • You can only post one video per challenge. If you post more than one video per challenge, none of your videos will count.
  • As always with the BOC, individuals are limited to one BOC per week. So if you get one, you're done.

OK! OK! You got this. Take a deep breath, cuz here we go! It's the Woot Ultimate Challenge!

DAY 4: SPEED TENT

THE SCORE TO BEAT

It was a pretty close race, and Gatzby held his own. But in the end, Meg prevailed. Also, we totally gave Gatzby a bigger tent. Oopsie!

Meg - 4:37, Gatzby - Longer than that

jthebird1977

quality posts: 27 Private Messages jthebird1977

Tent
going for quick

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

disdoodle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages disdoodle

Tent video challenge day 4

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot
disdoodle wrote:/Users/MaggieWolf/Desktop/IMG_3958.MOV

Tent video challenge day 4

Do we all need to come to your house to watch your video?

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

Well, it says 71 minutes remaining to upload, but this is supposed to be the link.

I'm new to this video thing. I guess I should have reduced the quality. Oh well.

I managed to break my kids' brand new tent in the process. Oops!

carl669

quality posts: 27 Private Messages carl669

are you really asking wooters to pitch a tent on video?

Wife: Do you really need all this junk?
Me: At least I don't ask you if it makes me look fat.
--------------------------------------

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

They were the same size, his just had a screened in porch thingy..

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

jfenchel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfenchel

alphaamino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alphaamino

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

carl669 wrote:are you really asking wooters to pitch a tent on video?

Yes, but probably not the way you're thinkng..

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

jfenchel

renrutnairbwoot wrote:Do we all need to come to your house to watch your video?

yep and in the dark, good thing im pretty pro at tent pitching

phileoca

quality posts: 11 Private Messages phileoca

My wife woots too

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

phileoca wrote:

It looks like it's daylight out where you are...that's PECULIAR...ROFL

disdoodle

renrutnairbwoot wrote:Do we all need to come to your house to watch your video?

No, I just had to figure out how to correctly embed my video.

liambc3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages liambc3

Pitched this tent as fast as I could!
http://youtu.be/MzOPCJPqUeE

Hey, I had to be creative!

jasonjohnson27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasonjohnson27

liambc3

Also, I have no idea how to get embeds to work, hopefully just the link/URL will do (if my speedy-pitched-tent qualifies haha).

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3367 Private Messages conanthelibrarian
liambc3 wrote:Also, I have no idea how to get embeds to work, hopefully just the link/URL will do (if my speedy-pitched-tent qualifies haha).

The awesome @thunderthighs sent me some info on formatting. I will PM them to you.

[EDIT]after looking at what @thunderthighs sent me, it looks like others will find this helpful

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2907827

liambc3

conanthelibrarian wrote:The awesome @thunderthighs sent me some info on formatting. I will PM them to you.

to embed, the format is (if coming from youtube and leave out the spaces)

[ youtube=videoid ] [ /youtube ]

Thanks! Edited my post to have the embedded video. Woot!

amynance

quality posts: 6 Private Messages amynance

Staff

orabbit wrote:Well, it says 71 minutes remaining to upload, but this is supposed to be the link.

I'm new to this video thing. I guess I should have reduced the quality. Oh well.

I managed to break my kids' brand new tent in the process. Oops!

BAH! Your video is still unavailable. If it doesn't load soon, someone might beat you out!

amynance

Staff

jasonjohnson27 wrote:

Your video is set to private! You still have time to fix it! Hurry hurry hurry!

amynance

Staff

jfenchel wrote:

I cannot believe you actually went outside and set up a tent in the middle of the night. Awesome job!

phermat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phermat

Ugh... Soooo long to upload... But it's coming soon...

jfenchel had the _luxury_ of having an outside. I had to set mine up in the spare office! ;)

liambc3

phermat wrote:Ugh... Soooo long to upload... But it's coming soon...

jfenchel had the _luxury_ of having an outside. I had to set mine up in the spare office! ;)

Can't wait to see it, haha.
I didn't have an actual tent to put up, so I had to get crafty (without getting super glue on the DeathStalker...).

phermat

liambc3 wrote:Can't wait to see it, haha.
I didn't have an actual tent to put up, so I had to get crafty (without getting super glue on the DeathStalker...).

Trust me, no one is sleeping in that tent tonight. Even the cat won't go near it.

amynance

Staff

Hey, whatever works!

jfenchel

it would have been even nicer if I had the luxury of a porch light or something more then a cell phone light propped up on my computer

phermat

Awaiting processing....

Optional rain shield not installed as I don't think the ceiling fan is gonna start downpouring...

phermat

Woot!

Video finished!

jfenchel, upon seeing the video, mine would probably have looked better in the dark! ;)

liambc3

Haha, I skimmed through. Nicely done, sir!
I hope you get a Bandolier of Carrots for it!
Time to stop hanging out on Woot and get to sleep so I can work in...6 hours...

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer

Wasn't quite sure the tent would actually fit in my studio apartment, but it did! Good thing I'm not really hoping for a bag out of this as it took forever for the video to load. Also lost the race to Champion Meg with a final setup time of 4:48. So close and yet so far...

jfenchel

amynance wrote:I cannot believe you actually went outside and set up a tent in the middle of the night. Awesome job!

I figured it was a win/win, if you're in a situation where you have to pitch a tent after dark you don't want it to be your first time trying and I get a Bandolier of Carrots XD

phermat

jfenchel wrote:I figured it was a win/win, if you're in a situation where you have to pitch a tent after dark you don't want it to be your first time trying and I get a Bandolier of Carrots XD

Definitely a good way to think about it. I learned where the heck my tent was after like 8 years. And that the elastic in the tent poles have not aged well. Hopefully I get my first Bandolier of Carrots ever, and there's a new tent inside! :D

jfenchel

phermat wrote:Definitely a good way to think about it. I learned where the heck my tent was after like 8 years. And that the elastic in the tent poles have not aged well. Hopefully I get my first Bandolier of Carrots ever, and there's a new tent inside! :D

it's my first too, if they are only accepting real tents, which I doubt is the case, there is still one more Bandolier of Carrots out there.

amynance

Staff

spilzer wrote:Wasn't quite sure the tent would actually fit in my studio apartment, but it did! Good thing I'm not really hoping for a bag out of this as it took forever for the video to load. Also lost the race to Champion Meg with a final setup time of 4:48. So close and yet so far...

Oof. Sheer mastery!

phermat

jfenchel wrote:it's my first too, if they are only accepting real tents, which I doubt is the case, there is still one more Bandolier of Carrots out there.

Hope so. Cause it's the struggle with the stupid poles that is always the real test.

Anyways I decided after the upload that I really should show the overall ridiculousness of assembling the tent in a room that was meant to be tentless...

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer
amynance wrote:Oof. Sheer mastery!

Thank you. I love my tent. It's a cinch to put up and the perfect size. The best part (which you can't really see in the video) is that the whole front half is a screen window, so if you open the inner layer you can see the stars as you fall asleep.

And thanks also for the shout out in today's video write up. Spitting at tiny cows it is, indeed! :D

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

TO TOR BRIM CASTLE!!!
;)

(Music can be found here, and was fun to use.)

I may not have the biggest tent, or the fastest video, but I dare claim that I have the most 'spirits'. <3

(Srsly, tho, everyone who attempted to pitch a hardcore tent gets my admiration and respect. Y'all rock. Hardcore.)

lipophilia

quality posts: 11 Private Messages lipophilia

I'm so glad that (at least so far) there's no entry from Anthony Weiner.

disdoodle

How do you know if you won?