zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

lichme

quality posts: 3182 Private Messages lichme

Item: Philips 32" 720p LCD HDTV
Price: $149.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
10/28/2012 - $179.99 - 0 comment(s)

8/16/2013 - $149.99 (Woot Plus)
12/21/2012 - $180.00 (Woot Plus)

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

jmackinac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmackinac

By the looks of the stats and the lack of wooters who are wooting, me thinks people are starting to realize that Philips is junk.

kenbuzz

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kenbuzz

Love the screen image. Any chance of a seeing larger version of that?

LAST FIVE WOOTS:
09/25/14 Roku 1 Streaming Media Player - $30
09/18/14 iGo Car Charger for iPad, iPhone & iPod (3x) - $2 ea
09/04/14 Assorted T-shirts (2x) - $12 ea
08/19/14 HP 14" Dual-Core Chromebooks w/Free 4G - $200
08/06/14 Dr Comics #1 Journal (2x) - $13 ea

tomm2thumbs

quality posts: 27 Private Messages tomm2thumbs

I wonder how many people think this is a black and white screen because the image is black and white. (sigh)

FlaEMT

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FlaEMT

Hmmmm. . . looks like 4 sold made it 96% left, gotta be around 100 total available. Probably gonna be a while. :-(

ascii256

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ascii256

So woot! doesn't do comedic write-ups for wootoffs anymore?

6/10 Dynamo Flashlight/Radio 6/5 PlayGear Share Splitter 5/31 VRDH200 Stereo Headphones
5/14 Single Serving Coffeemaker 4/27 Screaming Monkey with Black Cape 5/15 2 ear check ear thermometer 6/05 play gear share audio splitter 6/5 Logitech PlayGear Share Audio Splitter 4/27 Buslink Mini Stereo System 4/26 Zyxel M-202 Mimo Network Adapter 4/26 Excalibur USB Portable Drive 3/23 Screaming Monkey with Green Cape 3/23 Philips GoGear 2GB MP3 Player

kippyj

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kippyj

The Bandolier of Carrots is being offered if you can copy and paste the URL and follow the instructions, but where is the URL?

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

tomm2thumbs

kippyj wrote:The Bandolier of Carrots is being offered if you can copy and paste the URL and follow the instructions, but where is the URL?

Some auction items lack a URL -- seems to be the ones they have more items of

FlaEMT

kippyj wrote:The Bandolier of Carrots is being offered if you can copy and paste the URL and follow the instructions, but where is the URL?

It's in the area that currently says "No Bandolier of Carrots to see here. No, seriously..." on most items offered. They just throw in a few like this one without a link.

willb92

quality posts: 2 Private Messages willb92

Bought this model off of woot a couple of weeks ago for the same price. Just hooked it up last night, solid TV and great price. Perfect for the bedroom.

kippyj

FlaEMT wrote:It's in the area that currently says "No Bandolier of Carrots to see here. No, seriously..." on most items offered. They just throw in a few like this one without a link.

Yeah, I figured it was something like that. I've been here since w00t was fun, but haven't bothered with a w00t-off in quite a while. When it was still fun, I scored around 32 Bandolier of Carrots (strange number, but originally you could order three but had to specify and as they ran out, you could lower the number to still get some). I guess that's enough.

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

FlaEMT

ascii256 wrote:So woot! doesn't do comedic write-ups for wootoffs anymore?

I think they're too busy trying to figure out how to make the current Bandolier of Carrots thing work without letting bots get them all. :-) Gotta admit, the thing they did over night with inserting a word in the middle of the link was an interesting idea. (Although, I'm guessing any decent coder could come up with a way to search and remove any actual words in the links pretty easily.)

mikem53

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mikem53

Riddle time... If a Philips TV is a bad choice to begin with due to cheap electronics and known failures.. How bad can a refurb be?

jmackinac

willb92 wrote:Bought this model off of woot a couple of weeks ago for the same price. Just hooked it up last night, solid TV and great price. Perfect for the bedroom.

So you hooked it up last night and you are declaring it as, "Solid," before using it for any decent amount of time? Please attempt to be a good reviewer. People are relying on you.

jmackinac

ascii256 wrote:So woot! doesn't do comedic write-ups for wootoffs anymore?

You say that like it's a bad thing. I'm pleased. I found the write-ups to be a waste of space and rarely funny.

tomm2thumbs

I recommend everyone buy 3 -- good insurance if one or two stop working.

mrtuba9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrtuba9
kippyj wrote:Yeah, I figured it was something like that. I've been here since w00t was fun, but haven't bothered with a w00t-off in quite a while. When it was still fun, I scored around 32 Bandolier of Carrots (strange number, but originally you could order three but had to specify and as they ran out, you could lower the number to still get some). I guess that's enough.

Hi Kippy! I like your red hair too.

60 woots, 102 items, 34x1, 7x2, 18x3 (3x3 ßÕÇ-now retired), 9 unique shirt.woot, 1 sellout.woot <--OUTDATED (except the martini ;')

kippyj

mrtuba9 wrote:Hi Kippy! I like your red hair too.

Hi, Mr. Tuba!

dymongoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dymongoose
jmackinac wrote:You say that like it's a bad thing. I'm pleased. I found the write-ups to be a waste of space and rarely funny.

So you're the reason Woot! isn't fun anymore.

bluemaple

quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple
jmackinac wrote:By the looks of the stats and the lack of wooters who are wooting, me thinks people are starting to realize that Philips is junk.

@jmackinac, not as junky as "Westinghouse" or "Sylvania". At least "Philips" is a real electronics company. (Edit: I take the "real electronics company" part back - apparently Philips sold its audio & video operations this year to Funai Electric of Japan, the company that makes a lot of the parts for other companies.)

'Not seeing too many $149, 32 inch real brand name TVs out there.

3 HDMI inputs on an entry level TV is unusual.

720p / 1366x768 resolution is fine at this price as long as you aren't sitting closer than 6 feet.

Don't bother trying to use it as a computer monitor tho with that resolution.

It's factory reconditioned and has a Philips warranty vs the riskier generic refurb with woot warranty.

jmackinac

bluemaple wrote:@jmackinac, not as junky as "Westinghouse" or "Sylvania". At least "Philips" is a real electronics company.

720p / 1366x768 resolution is fine at this price as long as you aren't sitting closer than 6 feet.

It's factory reconditioned and has a Philips warranty vs the riskier generic refurb with woot warranty.

Well for starters, I am only 1 in several trillion people that feel this way, but I speak for myself. How does one explain thousands of Philips refurbs on Woot alone, not to mention other websites. But the proof is in owning...32" tv, 5 disc cd player and mp3 player. ALL JUNK within months. So I speak from experience.

EddieAngel333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EddieAngel333
FlaEMT wrote:I think they're too busy trying to figure out how to make the current Bandolier of Carrots thing work without letting bots get them all. :-) Gotta admit, the thing they did over night with inserting a word in the middle of the link was an interesting idea. (Although, I'm guessing any decent coder could come up with a way to search and remove any actual words in the links pretty easily.)

WHAT GOOD IS A BOT IF YOU CAN ONLY BUY ONE ANYWAY ?

mikem53

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mikem53
bluemaple wrote:@jmackinac, not as junky as "Westinghouse" or "Sylvania". At least "Philips" is a real electronics company. (Edit: I take the "real electronics company" part back - apparently Philips sold its audio & video operations this year to Funai Electric of Japan, the company that makes a lot of the parts for other companies.)

They're real alright.. A real company making some junk products..