WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Proslat Garage Organization

Oh, man. Do you remember the Proslat Garage Organization? That horn section was killer, and the guy who played bass? Man! They were so tight, every note was in place, an neatly filed like tools in a clean garage. '73-'75, I think. I saw 'em twice in Miami.

megproslat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages megproslat

Hi all...Meg from Proslat here in case you have any questions, comments or cookies you want to send my way.

hojpoj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hojpoj
megproslat wrote:Hi all...Meg from Proslat here in case you have any questions, comments or cookies you want to send my way.

I *DO* have a question. Are these compatible with the hardware common to merchandise displays? The ProSlat organizer boards look remarkably similar to the ones I have installed in my work area, but mine are particle board with aluminum extrusions for the 'tracks'. I need more hanging hardware for these, but can't find anything for a reasonable price like what's advertised here (I know what I have is from some common merchandise display hardware, but I'm having trouble finding stuff that's really compatible).

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

megproslat wrote:Hi all...Meg from Proslat here in case you have any questions, comments or cookies you want to send my way.

thanks for dropping in!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

medscript

quality posts: 4 Private Messages medscript

What makes your product better than other companies that sell basically the same thing?

megproslat

hojpoj wrote:I *DO* have a question. Are these compatible with the hardware common to merchandise displays? The ProSlat organizer boards look remarkably similar to the ones I have installed in my work area, but mine are particle board with aluminum extrusions for the 'tracks'. I need more hanging hardware for these, but can't find anything for a reasonable price like what's advertised here (I know what I have is from some common merchandise display hardware, but I'm having trouble finding stuff that's really compatible).

Typically, yes, however I can't 100% guarantee that our hooks will work with your walls. Depends on the depth of the extrusion. Would hate to say yes and then it doesn't work. If a standard peg hook works then we should be good to go.

megproslat

medscript wrote:What makes your product better than other companies that sell basically the same thing?

1) infinite number of storage options
2) easy install
3) comparable cost/sqft to interior finishes (such as drywall/plywood/mdf) and more durable/easier to clean
4) GREEN!!! 90% post industrial recycled content
5) durable & robust...

there's probably more that I'm forgetting. Don't tell MAB (My Awesome Boss)...it's getting late here. If you have a specific question, feel free to fire it back at me.

megproslat

megproslat wrote:Typically, yes, however I can't 100% guarantee that our hooks will work with your walls. Depends on the depth of the extrusion. Would hate to say yes and then it doesn't work. If a standard peg hook works then we should be good to go.

I have just been reliably informed by MAB that our hooks do NOT work in the aluminum inserts. Sorry for any miscommunications.

ravichopra

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ravichopra

I bought these last time when it they were offering a bundle of the 8X4 panels with the hook kit for $139 (which is a better deal than today). Bought two of them, and found they went up very easily (3-4 hrs each for one person working alone starting from a closed box to finished), look good, and work tremendously well. A few notes:
1) The included screws are not the hardest steel. Even with pilot holes the heads tended to strip out when driving them into the studs. The second kit was missing the screws (!), so I bought a box of machine screws (100 for $10) to hang the second one which were MUCH stronger and easier to install.
2) It's not clear how to install the top trim in the kit. I just used double-sided foam tape to attach it to the top of the kit.
3) The measurement to cut the side trims in the instructions is off by 1/2" leading to uneven side trim if you follow them exactly. Make sure to measure the pieces and cut appropriately from your own measurements.
4) The hook kit comes with a gigantic number of hooks with great utility. Compared to other sets out there, the hook kit is a solid deal.

Overall I'm very pleased with the clean look and great storage capacity these provided in my garage and would definitely repeat. Actually tempted to buy a third for the last patch of empty wall in the garage...

marythien

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marythien

Meg we have a vinyl storage shed. Will these hooks work on the inside?

skkipp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skkipp

Meg, Why don't you offer the ultimate garage bundle with grey panels instead of the white one? I for one would definitely buy if they were grey.

Bigdog127

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bigdog127

Meg, do your Proslat walls work with the gladiator products? I moved and have some of the hooks and such from whirlpool gladiator but I am in need of the wall!

Thanks!

voteemu

quality posts: 3 Private Messages voteemu

Meg, I was thinking about using some kind of product like this in a kitchen to hang pots and pans. Do you think this would be well suited for such a need?

layarada

quality posts: 0 Private Messages layarada

Hi

Do these accessories work with garagetek walls.

ggarg63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ggarg63

Meg - I too would order the Proslat 33009 Ultimate Garage Bundle if it came in grey

Solo154

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Solo154

Hi Meg,
Do you guys have any info on hanging these on concrete block walls? Is that even possible?

Thanks!

canoman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages canoman

I just want to make sure I'm reading these deals correctly, so please clarify for me. The wording is not clear.

Looking on Proslat's website, it looks as if a single 4'x8' (32 sq.ft.) area might be constructed of "10 heavy-duty solid PVC wall panels." It says "covers a 48-inch x 96-inch section, so I'm assuming that means total, and not for each of the 10 panels.

I'm really hopeful that in the $110 kits, there are ten 4'x8' panels to cover a total of 320 sq.ft. and in the Ultimate kit, there are twenty 4'x8' panels for a total of 640 sq.ft.

megproslat

Solo154 wrote:Hi Meg,
Do you guys have any info on hanging these on concrete block walls? Is that even possible?

Thanks!

Hi Solo- Yes, we do have info on mounting to concrete-you need to use furring strips (1x3's). If the most recent set of install instructions isn't yet live on our website, it should be soon and it includes that level of detail. Keeping in mind that you want to mount these 16" on center...

megproslat

canoman wrote:I just want to make sure I'm reading these deals correctly, so please clarify for me. The wording is not clear.

Looking on Proslat's website, it looks as if a single 4'x8' (32 sq.ft.) area might be constructed of "10 heavy-duty solid PVC wall panels." It says "covers a 48-inch x 96-inch section, so I'm assuming that means total, and not for each of the 10 panels.

I'm really hopeful that in the $110 kits, there are ten 4'x8' panels to cover a total of 320 sq.ft. and in the Ultimate kit, there are twenty 4'x8' panels for a total of 640 sq.ft.

Correct on the first point, not so much the second. If you have an ingenious way to cover 320 sq ft in anything for $110, let us know what you're using ;)

megproslat

ggarg63 wrote:Meg - I too would order the Proslat 33009 Ultimate Garage Bundle if it came in grey

Hi there-
I'm delighted to hear you would like the ultimate in grey. Our sales data tells us that white is always our "best seller" - presumably because most folks have garages with either no or small windows, so want to keep the space light.

We are certainly happy to offer the Ultimate in Charcoal. Let me circle back with the authorities at Woot and see what we can do for you. Failing all else, keep your eyes open for future events. Cheers,

canoman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages canoman
megproslat wrote:Correct on the first point, not so much the second. If you have an ingenious way to cover 320 sq ft in anything for $110, let us know what you're using ;)

Thanks for clarifying. That makes the $110 kit significantly more expensive than buying new, non-PVC slatwall locally.

shaddow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaddow

Count me in on the Proslat 33009 Ultimate Garage Bundle if it came in grey.

joelhorne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joelhorne
megproslat wrote:I have just been reliably informed by MAB that our hooks do NOT work in the aluminum inserts. Sorry for any miscommunications.

This answer makes me think that the wall brackets are custom to this specific slat wall design and thus will not work with the 3” on center standard slat walls I already have installed in my garages.

Guess I will need to look elsewhere for brackets and baskets.

megproslat

layarada wrote:Hi

Do these accessories work with garagetek walls.

Hi there-
Unfortunately, no. According to garagetek's website, their panels are 3" on center. We're 4 3/4. Easier on the eyes. Granted not as much storage if you're trying to hang loads of tiny wee things, but ideal for such places as the garage.

megproslat

marythien wrote:Meg we have a vinyl storage shed. Will these hooks work on the inside?

Now that's a tough question. Depends on how your shed is constructed and what kind of weight you're looking to hang. Lots of different ways to tackle that project.
Does your shed have existing interior slat or would you be looking for advice on hanging panels?

Jfrench0954

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jfrench0954

Meg,

Does your hooks work with Gladiator Garageworks products? I have the walls up, just need the hooks.

Thanks!

woozy99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woozy99
megproslat wrote:Hi there-
I'm delighted to hear you would like the ultimate in grey. Our sales data tells us that white is always our "best seller" - presumably because most folks have garages with either no or small windows, so want to keep the space light.

We are certainly happy to offer the Ultimate in Charcoal. Let me circle back with the authorities at Woot and see what we can do for you. Failing all else, keep your eyes open for future events. Cheers,

Meg - Do you think there is any chance that this sale will be updated to include the Ultimate package in charcoal or would it only come about in the next offering?

I am looking to place an order for the white but if the charcoal is going to be added today or tomorrow I would rather have that option.

jeremystrait

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeremystrait
woozy99 wrote:Meg - Do you think there is any chance that this sale will be updated to include the Ultimate package in charcoal or would it only come about in the next offering?

I am looking to place an order for the white but if the charcoal is going to be added today or tomorrow I would rather have that option.

Ditto.

megproslat

skkipp wrote:Meg, Why don't you offer the ultimate garage bundle with grey panels instead of the white one? I for one would definitely buy if they were grey.

Stay tuned...I'm running that option up the flagpole!

megproslat

jeremystrait wrote:Ditto.

OK...so this makes 3 of you for me to follow around. If I jump through all these hoops in order to get this done, I better see orders from you all! Check back or pm me.

megproslat

Hi all-
Just wanted to say that I appreciate all your super questions & interest in the product line. We would love to see before & after pics and we're having a contest with a prize going to the most dramatic garage transformation.

You can send images to info@proslat.com (please label before/after) and include your name & contact info - or you can post them on our facebook page.

Winners will be determined at the sole discretion of the office dogs. And maybe myself & My Awesome Boss.

woozy99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woozy99
megproslat wrote:OK...so this makes 3 of you for me to follow around. If I jump through all these hoops in order to get this done, I better see orders from you all! Check back or pm me.

I was just going to go with the white until I saw the sample pictures on your website at www.proslat.com and saw the white and grey combination. I thought I like the look and was thinking about going with that setup in my Garage.

Bigdog127

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bigdog127

Meg,
Any chance these walls would accept Gladiator accessories? I have the accessories, but not the wall as I moved... Looks like more than one of use is curious about that option.

bobcline

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobcline
ravichopra wrote:I bought these last time when it they were offering a bundle of the 8X4 panels with the hook kit for $139 (which is a better deal than today). Bought two of them, and found they went up very easily (3-4 hrs each for one person working alone starting from a closed box to finished), look good, and work tremendously well. A few notes:
1) The included screws are not the hardest steel. Even with pilot holes the heads tended to strip out when driving them into the studs. The second kit was missing the screws (!), so I bought a box of machine screws (100 for $10) to hang the second one which were MUCH stronger and easier to install.
2) It's not clear how to install the top trim in the kit. I just used double-sided foam tape to attach it to the top of the kit.
3) The measurement to cut the side trims in the instructions is off by 1/2" leading to uneven side trim if you follow them exactly. Make sure to measure the pieces and cut appropriately from your own measurements.
4) The hook kit comes with a gigantic number of hooks with great utility. Compared to other sets out there, the hook kit is a solid deal.

Overall I'm very pleased with the clean look and great storage capacity these provided in my garage and would definitely repeat. Actually tempted to buy a third for the last patch of empty wall in the garage...

I just finished putting the first of two 4 X 8 panels up and have learned a couple of things I'd like to share with all you do-it-yourselfers out there:

1. The screws supplied work best when using a #3 phillips driver bit - get a couple, they will wear down.

2. Be sure you get the groove set correctly on the second (and subsequent) planks before screwing them down.
The plank should snap down into place on all planks (except # 1).

3. a grease pencil is helpful to mark stud locations right on the panels as you approach the top.

4. I used some Kaboom and mineral spirits to "erase" my pencil marks (it was easier than painting over them).

It's a nice product.

tcsekhar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tcsekhar

There are several questions above regarding the hooks compatibility with Gladiator works, and no response. I would really appreciate if you could kindly shed some light on this..