Item: Pyle 720p HD Sport Action Cam
Price: $39.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

indytycoon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages indytycoon

Anyone have one of these?

Will it work as a dash cam? I'm guessing it will.

Torn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Torn

Would this be good for a Kayak? Just how waterproof is the case?

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 9203485793

Why is this so much cheaper than a GoPro?

dirtyrhymes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dirtyrhymes

Wondering if this is worth the risk at such a low price. I want a go-pro, but that's $400.00 to realistically get started.

indytycoon

indytycoon wrote:Anyone have one of these?

Looks like it will based on the specs...

sirprise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirprise
Torn wrote:Would this be good for a Kayak? Just how waterproof is the case?

I think they show it pictured with a kayak.

sindy1232

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sindy1232

http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PSCHD30OR-High-Definition-Wide-Angle-Camcorder/dp/B00E3VK2NM

Sindy

scafativ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scafativ

I have one of these. The case is definitely decent and watertight. The picture is great for $40. The reason it's so cheap is- the camera construction is pretty cheezy. I got mine for about $40 and I am happy with it for that. I think of it as disposable.

saltone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages saltone

I can't find any reviews

"What the hell are we doing fighting government, let's become government and we can then take whatever we want!".
Al Capone

dirtyrhymes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dirtyrhymes

Well, you can use Amazon to choose a color, but there are no reviews.
@ $40.00 with everything including suction mount, I'm going for it...

trcmikeg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trcmikeg
scafativ wrote:I have one of these. The case is definitely decent and watertight. The picture is great for $40. The reason it's so cheap is- the camera construction is pretty cheezy. I got mine for about $40 and I am happy with it for that. I think of it as disposable.

What is the battery life like? You think it would work well for a dash cam?

sindy1232

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sindy1232

I got one for my son to mount on his mountain bike. I figure for $40 if he breaks it no one will be upset, lol

Sindy

indytycoon

trcmikeg wrote:What is the battery life like? You think it would work well for a dash cam?

Comes with car charger....just sayin'

Not sure about out of car experience.

sakanagai

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sakanagai
trcmikeg wrote:What is the battery life like? You think it would work well for a dash cam?

If you plan on using it as a dash cam, it's worth noting that it comes with a car charger.

KdF

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KdF

Got one last time it was on Woot. Gets extremely Hot! Only lasts for 5 min a record, then overwrites itself. Battery drains in 40 min or less. I Use it for a dash-cam, But it only works upside down with the mount. Prolly more suited for cold climates instead of Texas. The charger will not work with it mounted because the case is waterproof. But it's cheap.

Rembass

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Rembass

I have one of these and it works great. Mounted it on my son's hockey helmet, he's a goalie, lots of great action shots.

anderlan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anderlan
9203485793 wrote:Why is this so much cheaper than a GoPro?

My guess is 1.) Woot. And 2.) Marketing and established rep allows GoPro to charge WAY over cost.

saltone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages saltone
indytycoon wrote:Comes with car charger....just sayin'

Not sure about out of car experience.

Also has three modes picture, video, and vehicle.

"What the hell are we doing fighting government, let's become government and we can then take whatever we want!".
Al Capone

riponfrosh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riponfrosh

Anyone know what the frame rate is on this camera at 720p?

kiyyik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiyyik

Eh, I already bit for one. But if anyone knows how deep the water case is rated for that would be great.

mdrcoast

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast

My wife said if I order any more cameras she would kick me out. Anybody have a box I can live in?
In for one!

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 9203485793
anderlan wrote:My guess is 1.) Woot. And 2.) Marketing and established rep allows GoPro to charge WAY over cost.

From comments and reviews it looks like this is way too cheap of a knockoff for me. We need a good competitor for GoPro though, their prices are ridiculous

JimmyMood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JimmyMood

This unit looks remarkably similar, I wonder if they are the same but rebranded, decent reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Emerson-Action-Digital-Camera-Screen/dp/B00AGMWWMG

sakanagai

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sakanagai

The official product page is lacking on a number of details. No reviews, videos, or manuals. The MSRP changes by color. It doesn't specify the framerates of video capture (30fps most likely). At least it mentions that battery life is less than 2 hours per charge.

pg318

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pg318

Not even a manual available at the manufacturer's website

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin
anderlan wrote:My guess is 1.) Woot. And 2.) Marketing and established rep allows GoPro to charge WAY over cost.

My guess is that it's one tenth as good as a GoPro.
I had Pyles once and it's not something I would ever pay for!

DJCassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DJCassin

In for one because at $40, because its $40. I doubt it’s better than Lumia 1020 but it’s a lot cheaper. I don't like to take my 1020 out of its protective pouch on the boat or kayak. Hopefully it has some stabilization and shoots at 30 FPS.

gandecab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gandecab
9203485793 wrote:From comments and reviews it looks like this is way too cheap of a knockoff for me. We need a good competitor for GoPro though, their prices are ridiculous

GoPro has 1080p and 4K video recording, Higher frame rate (60fps), wireless app control, sync 50 cameras together, etc. many more features which drives up the price (plus the name brand).

That being said, I'm sure it's fine for everyday use. For $40, I'm in. Now the kids don't need to use my GoPro ;)

kentonn714

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kentonn714
indytycoon wrote:Anyone have one of these?

I have the GearPro 720P which looks almost identical to this so I am guessing that it has the same internals. Yes, it works fairly well as a dash cam. You can run it in car mode which will save the recordings in 5 minute files.

Operaman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Operaman

It appears this could be the crap that comes in a bag, seeing the low quality of the thing.

riponfrosh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riponfrosh
JimmyMood wrote:This unit looks remarkably similar, I wonder if they are the same but rebranded, decent reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Emerson-Action-Digital-Camera-Screen/dp/B00AGMWWMG

It sure does, and considering that it is prime eligible it is essentially the same price when you factor in woot's shipping. Although this PYLE is cheap, not much of a deal unless you NEED one as you can pick one of the Emerson's up on Amazon for the same money at a later date.

liambc3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages liambc3
Operaman wrote:It appears this could be the crap that comes in a bag, seeing the low quality of the thing.

I would be fine with getting one of these in a Bandolier of Carrots haha. Definitely worth $8.

pamchuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pamchuck

Well, I'm in for one, we've been looking for something to mount to the wakeboard tower on our boat. And at $45 shipped, it's worth a chance.

gandecab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gandecab

Poor Photoshopping on the action shots Pyle*. the skydivers in photo have cameras on their head, while the camera does not. Other shots on Amazon have similar consistency issues.

*images simulated ;)

msawyer13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages msawyer13

I'd be in for 3 if it had any kind of image stabilization. To me that's what separates the likes of GoPro from all the knock-offs.

Even my cheap Sanyo waterproof handheld video camera has image stabilization...

phaberman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phaberman

Got this for my son to kick around with. It's a decent low end unit.
He's having a lot of fun with it so I'm happy with the purchase.

gregangsten

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregangsten

Will this work in an automatic mode to take stills at timed intervals?

sirprise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirprise
gandecab wrote:Poor Photoshopping on the action shots Pyle*. the skydivers in photo have cameras on their head, while the camera does not. Other shots on Amazon have similar consistency issues.

*images simulated ;)

lol