indytycoon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages indytycoon
gandecab wrote:Poor Photoshopping on the action shots Pyle*. the skydivers in photo have cameras on their head, while the camera does not. Other shots on Amazon have similar consistency issues.

*images simulated ;)

oopsie

elcray

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elcray

If you like to record baseball games, there is a bracket called the LynkSpyder that will let you mount a camera to a chain link fence. This camera would work well with that bracket on the cheap. http://www.lynkspyder.com

slaffer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slaffer
indytycoon wrote:Anyone have one of these?

Will it work as a dash cam? I'm guessing it will.

Got one of these last woot off, (looks the same) has driving mode that segmented the files automatically and would re-write oldest if space filled to capacity and came with a 12v adapter.

diefldrmas

quality posts: 4 Private Messages diefldrmas

In for one looks like a good project cam for a tele robotic project.

lewjr1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lewjr1
9203485793 wrote:Why is this so much cheaper than a GoPro?

because it's NOT a GoPro and it's on as a woot off

indytycoon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages indytycoon
slaffer wrote:Got one of these last woot off, (looks the same) has driving mode that segmented the files automatically and would re-write oldest if space filled to capacity and came with a 12v adapter.

Thank you!

jdiggidy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jdiggidy

I'm in. I'm not dropping the coin on a GoPro, and I currently hold my Samsung S4 while snowboarding... wow, that's stupid! Even if I break 4 of these, it's still cheaper than breaking my S4!

Don't Panic.

snayr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snayr

Went in for 2 of these (1 for me, 1 for my bro). At the very least it'll be a good dashboard camera... which, on the West coast is a good thing.

pjevans

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pjevans

For the money...figure it's worth a shot. Not a refurb, so I'm in for one!

tbarcia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tbarcia

Any idea if this works with GoPro mounts? I have a ton of them on my bike and this would be a cheap way to get extra camera angles.

tom1276

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tom1276
9203485793 wrote:From comments and reviews it looks like this is way too cheap of a knockoff for me. We need a good competitor for GoPro though, their prices are ridiculous

Mono Price to the rescue! http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=117&cp_id=11704&cs_id=1170401&p_id=10159&seq=1&format=2

tom1276

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tom1276
tom1276 wrote:Mono Price to the rescue! http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=117&cp_id=11704&cs_id=1170401&p_id=10159&seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/Product/?c_id=117&cp_id=11704&cs_id=1170401&p_id=10159&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

tilde

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tilde
KdF wrote:Got one last time it was on Woot. Gets extremely Hot! Only lasts for 5 min a record, then overwrites itself. Battery drains in 40 min or less. I Use it for a dash-cam, But it only works upside down with the mount. Prolly more suited for cold climates instead of Texas. The charger will not work with it mounted because the case is waterproof. But it's cheap.

Is that 5 min recording with the standard memory or an expanded 32mg card not included? Would save me some money if it's a hands off write over; I'd be using it for a dash cam.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

COMMERCIAL INTERRUPTION

We've got a lot of Plus sales going just so you can stuff your cart for the woot-off. Lichme has a complete list of all the sales including a sort by category. There's a link to it in my signature or Click here.

You can now cancel your orders in the first ~15 minutes. Due to the pace of the woot-offs and that we release orders pretty quick, CS can't make changes to orders. If you order the wrong thing or want more, it'll be faster to cancel your order and reorder. Click here for more info.

Here, have a cat gif:

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

angryrooster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angryrooster
tilde wrote:Is that 5 min recording with the standard memory or an expanded 32mg card not included? Would save me some money if it's a hands off write over; I'd be using it for a dash cam.

From other posts in this thread, it sounds like it records in 5 minute clips, and then auto-overwrites the oldest file when the memory is full.

cachecoyote

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cachecoyote
tbarcia wrote:Any idea if this works with GoPro mounts? I have a ton of them on my bike and this would be a cheap way to get extra camera angles.

I picked up the "GearPro" a little while back. Looks pretty similar, same price. It was my boy who pointed out it was a knockoff.
I think the mount is a standard tripod thread - same on all still/video cameras, and tripods of all flavors.

The one I got seems to work ok, but the camera does seem simple and chinzy. Had a video that must have been corrupt - and the thing freezes, locks up. No way to powerdown - so I let it run out of charge. Need to delete that stupid file!

big4o

quality posts: 0 Private Messages big4o

First off i want to say i was amazed at how fast it came.

I opened the box and the camera is already on. Which looks like half snow and half lines all the way threw it as if the screen is broken. I cant even turn it off so something is stuck for sure. I will have to return this one which im not happy about.

lcastil1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lcastil1
big4o wrote:First off i want to say i was amazed at how fast it came.

I opened the box and the camera is already on. Which looks like half snow and half lines all the way threw it as if the screen is broken. I cant even turn it off so something is stuck for sure. I will have to return this one which im not happy about.

I got mine also. I can't open it because it is a gift. Did you notice the box says 1080p and 720p video on the front?

I hope this one is not broken too!

illusion71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illusion71
angryrooster wrote:From other posts in this thread, it sounds like it records in 5 minute clips, and then auto-overwrites the oldest file when the memory is full.

I just tested mine out as dash cam on 720P and it recorded in 2 minute clips....689 megs for 1 clip.

I am going to test this on 640 to see what it does then.

lcastil1

illusion71 wrote:I just tested mine out as dash cam on 720P and it recorded in 2 minute clips....689 megs for 1 clip.

I am going to test this on 640 to see what it does then.

Can you please share a clip? I want to see the quality of videos before I get one for myself.

Thanks!

lcastil1

For comparison, here is a sample of my swann freestyle on 720p at 30fps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OMH2IpOxiA&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D1OMH2IpOxiA&nomobile=1

gandecab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gandecab
lcastil1 wrote:Can you please share a clip? I want to see the quality of videos before I get one for myself.

Thanks!

Here is a clip of my daughter biking around with it using the bike mount. Make sure the settings in youtube are set to 720P to get the best quality. It's no GoPro, but fine for kids/dashcam/etc.

The original video was 2:52 min long and 424MB (I had a 2GB card in the camera) shot in 720P in Video Recording Mode.

chrismarco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrismarco
indytycoon wrote:Anyone have one of these?

Will it work as a dash cam? I'm guessing it will.

Yes it will but the picture quality is horrible...couldn't read the license plates of cars two lengths ahead...seems sturdy enough and mounts are just ok. Max SD micro is 32 gb non flash.
I would stay away folks as this is a crappy camera...on a overcast day the images still looked washed out..I also understand for the price what can one expect...

chrismarco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrismarco
tilde wrote:Is that 5 min recording with the standard memory or an expanded 32mg card not included? Would save me some money if it's a hands off write over; I'd be using it for a dash cam.

You understand that you can take the camera out of the waterproof case and mount it with the shell? You can then plug the charger in..

pturner3

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pturner3

Don't use the water proof case for a car mount. Use the included half case and the suction cup windshield mount.

All the mounts etc are well made, to bad the camera is always out of focus. I bought 3 and all three are out of focus. If yours locks up there is a reset button on the bottom it's a tiny hole that you stick a tiny paper clip thru to press the interior button. As far as recording, the batteries will last about 35 to 40 minutes. I tried mine using Auto mode (5 minute shots before it over rights). It works but the focus is so bad that you can't read jack. A real shame, 'cause otherwise it would be a winner.
One other thing, when using the car adapter, when turning off the car it turns off the camera (a plus 'cause it does not drain the camera battery) - this of course only applies if the 12V supply turns off with the car. When starting the car, you must remember to turn on the camera and record. To bad that's not automatic also. I'll play around with it a bit more to see if they are worth keeping.

DJorgie76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DJorgie76

This camera is horrible. I wasnt expecting a GoPro but the picture quality if very bad and the mic barely picks up any noise at all when in the waterproof case. This was definitely not worth the $40, I cant imagine paying to regular price for it.

sparky0114

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparky0114

Don't waste your money. The water tight case is nice and the mounting bracket but the camera is a little disposable quality camera. Definitely not worth the money. And the quality of the pictures is horrible. If it was for your kids or about $20 then it would be OK.