0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wooting4keeps

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooting4keeps

Shucks, yo, where them Bandolier of Carrots be at.

• First Woot: 08/21/2012
  • First Barge Of Carp: 04/24/2013
  • Second Box of Chips: Coming soon.
  • Total Woots as of 6/19/2013: 47
  • Dollars spent: $2000+

scaru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scaru

I have pretty much this exact desktop (bought previously from Woot), and it is a great desktop.

runks7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages runks7

when will they ever put in a real power supply in these. if you buy this you will need to also get a bigger power supply

Hurricane4911

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hurricane4911
runks7 wrote:when will they ever put in a real power supply in these. if you buy this you will need to also get a bigger power supply

Couldn't agree with you more.

jpeg543

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jpeg543

If this thing makes it to Midnight when my bonus check comes in, I'll buy one... And seeing as it just went from 100% to 99%, I think it may just!

But really though, it's a decent processor, plenty of ram, even the video card isn't awful. Slap a bigger power supply in there and upgrade the card if you really need to, and you've got a very nice desktop.

pumpkinsgrin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pumpkinsgrin

So, um, how/why is it 10GB of RAM? I understand multiples of 2 (2, 4, 8, 16, 32). But what configuration of sticks of RAM are they using to get 10? 3 x 2GB and 1 x 4GB? It just doesn't makes sense to me why they would do this. I mean unless they realized "Uh oh, we have a WHOLE BUNCH of 2GB sticks laying around here that nobody wants. How do we get rid of them?"

motoman991

quality posts: 0 Private Messages motoman991
runks7 wrote:when will they ever put in a real power supply in these. if you buy this you will need to also get a bigger power supply

That's the truth. A 300w power supply is crap. Can that thing even power that computer?

jmackinac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmackinac

I have HP Envy. While it was sitting on the floor, the dog happened by, got spooked and knocked it over...it wasn't a violent strike but just enough to knock it over. Never booted again, therefore I now have HP Envy. I wish I could buy one, but already had a laptop to supplement my computer needs.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle

Our power supply is fine. The motherboard was bad right out of the box!!! It would not boot back up to the monitor if we restarted or shut down, After threatening agencies being contacted when they said it would take 3 to 4 weeks for repair and pickup/delivery, they had it back to us in a week, repaired. It runs like a dream but we're not gamers, we just prefer dedicated video cards instead of integrated.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

gargreguan

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gargreguan

What's up with the limit of one? Are they just trying to drag this thing out?

scaru

While it is true that the PSU in this one is crappy, it is easy enough to switch it out. It does use a standard ATX PSU, and is just as easy to work with as any other computer.

idiompeddler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idiompeddler

Deleting my original comment, the HD7450 has come down in price big-time since I last looked at it (apparently it's been a while, lol)

Also, there are much better options for a barebones kit than this. Upgrading would be so costly you might as well build one from scratch.

If you do purchase this and want to upgrade, first thing you would need to look at is the PSU. 300W is just enough to power the current components, nothing more. 500W PSU are cheap nowadays. Second upgrade would probably be MOBO, I'm sure HP skimped on capacitors and other components like they always do. It may not even have a second PCI express x16 slot. That RAM situation is pretty disconcerting, too.

MichXelle

Btw, it now runs like a dream and you can't hear any sound from the tower, it's silent. Win 8 we've found slightly challenging but finally got the drift of it. You need a nice amount of RAM just to run the OS, 10 is fine.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

Hurricane4911

pumpkinsgrin wrote:So, um, how/why is it 10GB of RAM? I understand multiples of 2 (2, 4, 8, 16, 32). But what configuration of sticks of RAM are they using to get 10? 3 x 2GB and 1 x 4GB? It just doesn't makes sense to me why they would do this. I mean unless they realized "Uh oh, we have a WHOLE BUNCH of 2GB sticks laying around here that nobody wants. How do we get rid of them?"

10Gb and there are 4 memory slots. If you need matched pairs, how does that work out?

2 5gb ???

corwashere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages corwashere

OK, Since the woot off started 2 days ago, there have been like 12 listings for some kind of computer. That doesn't even count the tablets. While we have yet to see a GPS device show up just once (and I'm not counting the iPhone GPS adapter). I'm getting a little tired of prevalence of the PC / Laptop products.

therealsolitare

quality posts: 0 Private Messages therealsolitare
Hurricane4911 wrote:10Gb and there are 4 memory slots. If you need matched pairs, how does that work out?

2 5gb ???

I'm guessing 2 4GB sticks and 2 1GB sticks. I am equally perplexed at the choice of 10GB of RAM for the server.

raspis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raspis
Hurricane4911 wrote:10Gb and there are 4 memory slots. If you need matched pairs, how does that work out?

2 5gb ???

Techguy1000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Techguy1000

Nonsense. Unless you plan on modifying the PC with some power hungry hardware (which most people don't), the 300 watt supply will do fine.

The aftermarket PSU vendors would have you believe you have to have a 1000 watt power supply, but it's (usually) not true.

Try plugging your computer into something like a kill-a-watt and see what it's really drawing.

isralsky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isralsky

Why would anyone buy this? Do you realize what you can get for $500?

scaru

Guys, don't but this once. The one over at moofi.woot is much better (you get more HDD space, a SSD, and a better graphics card for 20 dollars)

MichXelle

isralsky wrote:Why would anyone buy this? Do you realize what you can get for $500?

What and where? We priced the components, they were more then the cost of the computer!

MichXelle

scaru wrote:Guys, don't but this once. The one over at moofi.woot is much better (you get more HDD space, a SSD, and a better graphics card for 20 dollars)

That makes sense. They didn't offer that computer when we bought this.

Hurricane4911

raspis wrote:4,4,1,1...

Just trying to lighten the mood.

I understand mixing 4&2 & 2&1 on the 2 channels...but 4&1?...just seems odd.

scaru

MichXelle wrote:That makes sense. They didn't offer that computer when we bought this.

Yeah, the one over at moofi.woot is an amazing deal, I already have a much more powerful system than it, yet I'm still considering buying it.

Hurricane4911

scaru wrote:Yeah, the one over at moofi.woot is an amazing deal, I already have a much more powerful system than it, yet I'm still considering buying it.

Someone running the schedule screwed up at Woot HQ...

pg318

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pg318
scaru wrote:Guys, don't but this once. The one over at moofi.woot is much better (you get more HDD space, a SSD, and a better graphics card for 20 dollars)

..and a 460W PSU

MichXelle

Hurricane4911 wrote:Just trying to lighten the mood.

True but we can always upgrade the RAM. As we don't game, we won't need more for a while.

strummer00

quality posts: 3 Private Messages strummer00

Thanks for the moofi heads-up. I just pulled the trigger on the H9 they had there.

pg318

...and a wireless mouse and keyboard

poorogue

quality posts: 1 Private Messages poorogue
Hurricane4911 wrote:Just trying to lighten the mood.

Pretty sure is 2x3GB and 2x2GB. Haven't seen anyone throw out that combo, and it looks like something a pre-built computer would have.

pg318

This version of Windows doesn't come with Media Center?

LightningXCE

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LightningXCE
pg318 wrote:This version of Windows doesn't come with Media Center?

Correct, you can add it in for 10 bucks. (Control Panel > Add Features)

Hurricane4911

poorogue wrote:Pretty sure is 2x3GB and 2x2GB. Haven't seen anyone throw out that combo, and it looks like something a pre-built computer would have.

I bought my first PC in 1985 and yes, I had to check if there were such things as 3GB RAM...It's true, sold by Amazon.

Hmmmmm....

scaru

Hurricane4911 wrote:I bought my first PC in 1985 and yes, I had to check if there were such things as 3GB RAM...It's true, sold by Amazon.

Hmmmmm....

No there isn't.

http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-ValueRAM-1333MHz-Non-ECC-Desktop/dp/B001JJTQSI

A direct quote:

"a kit of three 1GB modules of 1333MHz DDR3 memory for a total of 3GB"

gonegal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gonegal

Bummer. I just bought this in an impulse as I have been looking for a half decent desktop then saw the moofi option, much better deal. i emailed Woot to see if I can switch but guessing not. I do have a separate 128 SSD that I can install in this (I would think) but not sure how to then move Win8 to the SSD

El Marko

quality posts: 7 Private Messages El Marko

Not finding a link to Moofi that works. Keeps bringing me back here.

ademu5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ademu5
strummer00 wrote:Thanks for the moofi heads-up. I just pulled the trigger on the H9 they had there.

I've never used woofi, how do I get to this awesome deal?

scaru

The moofi one is now sold out.