scaru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scaru

@ademu5, you would have just followed the link I posted, but it is now sold out.

Hurricane4911

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hurricane4911
gonegal wrote:Bummer. I just bought this in an impulse as I have been looking for a half decent desktop then saw the moofi option, much better deal. i emailed Woot to see if I can switch but guessing not. I do have a separate 128 SSD that I can install in this (I would think) but not sure how to then move Win8 to the SSD

Don't fret, put the 128gb SSD into this machine and you'll have somthing pretty nice. While you're at it, bump the RAM to 16GB

Making the SSD bootable to Windows shouldn't be a big deal. Lot's of good info...just Google.

scaru

Hurricane4911 wrote:Don't fret, put the 128gb SSD into this machine and you'll have somthing pretty nice. While you're at it, bump the RAM to 16GB

Making the SSD bootable to Windows shouldn't be a big deal. Lot's of good info...just Google.

Yep, there are plenty of good tools for doing that, just look up info on cloning hard disks. The key is that you do it as soon as you get the computer so you don't increase the size of all the files above 128 GB.

MichXelle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages MichXelle
scaru wrote:The moofi one is now sold out.

Youre right, I checked too.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

MichXelle

scaru wrote:Yep, there are plenty of good tools for doing that, just look up info on cloning hard disks. The key is that you do it as soon as you get the computer so you don't increase the size of all the files above 128 GB.

Not everyone is capable of doing the technical work you describe. I'm on this computer now and you would be surprised how well it works as is now that they repaired the problem.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

scaru

MichXelle wrote:Not everyone is capable of doing the technical work you describe. I'm on this computer now and you would be surprised how well it works as is now that they repaired the problem.

It's not that complicated.

http://lifehacker.com/5837543/how-to-migrate-to-a-solid+state-drive-without-reinstalling-windows

As for the hooking up of the drive, it is literally a total of 2 wires that you have to plug in.

MichXelle

LightningXCE wrote:Correct, you can add it in for 10 bucks. (Control Panel > Add Features)

There is no Add Features in My Control Panel.

MichXelle

scaru wrote:It's not that complicated.

http://lifehacker.com/5837543/how-to-migrate-to-a-solid+state-drive-without-reinstalling-windows

As for the hooking up of the drive, it is literally a total of 2 wires that you have to plug in.

Neither my wife or I work on computers, it's not our forte. I have an IT director at my business, I'll ask him about it.

Again, not everyone can do this even with instructions.

Ours works well without this fix which would end my warranty I bought from HP. I can add RAM down the road if and when I need it. That's about all I will do with computer hardware.

I do recommend the computer at this price. Just be sure you check everything. I was pissed mine had a bad motherboard right out of the box. An HP reconditioned computer has nothing to do with W000T. HP sent it with the original problem apparently never fixing it.

All HP tech support is outsourced to India. I have to say they were knowledgable.

gonegal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gonegal
scaru wrote:It's not that complicated.

Thanks for the link, I am pretty comfortable with computers but I did have an issue swapping out a laptop HDD with a SSD in the past. I'll do this once I receive before installing other software.

pg318

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pg318
LightningXCE wrote:Correct, you can add it in for 10 bucks. (Control Panel > Add Features)

Microsoft website said it was $10 to add to Windows 8Pro, and $100 to Windows 8, wasn't sure which one this came with. Too late now, but I could do with a better machine for my HTPC.

strummer00

quality posts: 3 Private Messages strummer00
ademu5 wrote:I've never used woofi, how do I get to this awesome deal?

El Marko wrote:Not finding a link to Moofi that works. Keeps bringing me back here.

May be too late, here is how I found it:

Go to Community Sourced Deals!

Type in "moofi" in the Community Deals search box in the middle of the screen.

Hit search button.

System will display all deals from moofi.

KidKobun

quality posts: 6 Private Messages KidKobun

Dammit! How many times am I going to miss the computer deals!?

woot! should restrict first time wooters from getting the infamous Bustin' out chainsaws.