WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How much do you usually pay for a haircut?
  • 3.2% - Nothing, because I'm bald! I call it "Kojak's Revenge"! 224
  • 21.2% - Nothing, because I cut it or a friend cuts it 1467
  • 5.3% - Up to $10 365
  • 38.7% - $10-$20 2683
  • 14.2% - $20-$30 986
  • 8.4% - $30-$40 582
  • 9.1% - $50 or more 628
6935 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

phermat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phermat

Do it myself.

Miquela

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Miquela

Wheres the "Nothing - I don't cut my hair! It flows in the wind" option??
My hair is 4ft long.

Redzdvl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Redzdvl

Pay about $13 at the barber shop. Then a tip... Price keeps going up & I just keep losing hair to cut. Ya think it would be dependent on how much hair you had & what you wanted done to it.

I get a basic military / LEO cut on the sides & back & then either leave what's left on the top alone or trim a little.

I'm so close to just shaving it all off & then showering with Nair for the rest of my life. :/

paulpnevada

quality posts: 26 Private Messages paulpnevada

I shave it in the shower, I do a better job than the barbers.

shoulda2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shoulda2

Sometimes free, sometimes $6..

I either cut it at home myself with clippers or go to the beauty school and get a cheapo cut.. they don't even allow tipping it's against the rules :P

nuyork26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nuyork26

FLOWBEE all the way baby !!!! Every time a picture perfect cut without the hassles and chicks dig it plenty...

rvcs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rvcs

$0
I cut it myself!

DivineAna

quality posts: 9 Private Messages DivineAna

According to this poll, most people on Woot get their hair cut at GreatClips.

I'm not really sure why I'm surprised.

xl1200

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xl1200
Miquela wrote:Wheres the "Nothing - I don't cut my hair! It flows in the wind" option??
My hair is 4ft long.

Same here. I haven't had a haircut in years. But not everyone can pull off the feral mountain man look the way I can.

chrisac15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrisac15

Where's the option for those of us that don't cut our hair?

jackw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackw

Most of mine has gone away on it's own. Whats left (back & sides) I keep under control myself. However, every 6 weeks or so I go to the el cheapo chain place around the corner so they can clean up the places at the bottom of my neck I can't reach.

I live the way I type, FAST, with a lot of mistakes.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser
xl1200 wrote:Same here. I haven't had a haircut in years. But not everyone can pull off the feral mountain man look the way I can.

I started with a surfer look, now it's more of a "Game of Thrones" as it turns grey. My wife likes it that my hair is longer than hers.

HomerTime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HomerTime

Whether is has to do with ages, dollars, or any other discrete count, Woot always seems to have a problem constructing polls that have to deal with amounts.

If I pay exactly $20, is that considered "$10 to $20", or "$20 to $30" ?

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

Hair Cuttery. $15 with shampoo + $5 tip.

magnoliasouth

quality posts: 4 Private Messages magnoliasouth

I'm willing to bet that women typically pay more than men do.

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean that they hate you, or anyone else.

theco2

quality posts: 90 Private Messages theco2
HomerTime wrote:If I pay exactly $20, is that considered "$10 to $20", or "$20 to $30" ?

Yes, it is.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 31 Private Messages daveinwarshington

My wife cuts it.

Alfranquiz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Alfranquiz

$24 + tip, but it includes a drink (beer, scotch or coffee)

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley
DivineAna wrote:According to this poll, most people on Woot get their hair cut at GreatClips.

I'm not really sure why I'm surprised.

Most of them do a pretty good job, especially if you can identify a regular stylist. That is difficult in the long term due to turnover.

danwat1234

quality posts: 5 Private Messages danwat1234

Ha, Kojak. I grew up way after that tv show came and gone but I have started watching it on TV/bittorrent now. Good show, good personality. Almost as good as the Rockford Files.

spongeblake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spongeblake

Wait... wait...

You mean I can get this mane cut? You mean I don't have to move it out of the way when I sit down?

hosesplus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hosesplus

Based on the poll and comments, lots of cheap wooters(no surprise)and even more bad haircuts (see above).

FIGHTING CRIME AND INDIFFERENCE SINCE 8:32 THIS MORNING

chiismychi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chiismychi

Actually I have it cut for free because I donate it to Locks of Love, but donating wasn't an option on the poll

whoopitup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whoopitup

Up to $10 as I am just to old. Senior disc

hawkm7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hawkm7

Once a week I buzz my head with the #1 attachment on my clippers. But I'm thinking about going back to a mohawk. I just joined a softball team and it's going to say Hawk on the back of my shirt. So I might as well.

ugomona

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ugomona
Miquela wrote:Wheres the "Nothing - I don't cut my hair! It flows in the wind" option??
My hair is 4ft long.

+1

SunnyLea0

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SunnyLea0
magnoliasouth wrote:I'm willing to bet that women typically pay more than men do.

Especially since women's cuts in the salon are listed at a higher price.

In any case, I may be cheap, but I don't cheap out on my hair.

beagador

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beagador
theco2 wrote:Yes, it is.

if you tip..its 20-30

johnkile

quality posts: 1 Private Messages johnkile

In Dallas I paid $5 at the barber school. I was a prized client because not many of the students ever had the chance to cut 'straight hair'. What did I care if it was a bad haircut? I got what I paid for, and I knew that walking in the door. Heck, it was a block away from the office on the way home. Can't beat that!

kgirl123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kgirl123

I usually don't pay because I donate my hair to Locks For Love. But, I do tip at least $5.00.

sobo2002

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sobo2002
magnoliasouth wrote:I'm willing to bet that women typically pay more than men do.

Depends on how you look at it. I get my haircut every 2-4 weeks, $15 including tip. The wife gets her hair cut 4x to 6x per year. Lets say that costs $50 a pop (though it may be more I actually have no idea)

I end up paying a $250 or so a year. Conservatively she could be paying about the same.

48sWinnin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 48sWinnin

Started to cut my own after my hair guy had a heart attack before my appointment 10 years ago. I was paying 30 every 2 wks. Bought a pair of clippers and a shot of tequila for $100.00 and saved about $6000 so far. Quit smoking and I can't tell you how much that saved.. then Obama.........