WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

This is it, you guys. The final Ultimate Challenge. Your last chance to prove you can hang with the big boys. We are shocked and awed by yesterday's efforts. We never imagined you guys would build actual tents as some of you did, and we applaud you. Our only disappointment was that we had so few BOCs to distribute. I guess what we're trying to say is, you're all winners to us. Except for that one guy. You know who you are, slacker.

Now for today's challenge, we have to set a few new ground rules. SO PAY ATTENTION.

NEW RULE #1

• Please, for the love of all that is good and wooty, DO NOT CHOKE TO DEATH. It's just a Bag of Crap, folks. It's not worth it. Imagine how pissed off your loved ones will be if all you leave them is a few Power Balance bands and an HDMI cable.

NEW RULE #2

• See NEW RULE #1. We're not even kidding.

NEW RULE #3

• You MUST appear on camera for the entire duration of your video, and you must make a serious effort to consume all of your food of choice. None of this "now you see it, now you don't" video editing trickery. You can tap out if you must. But let's just say that eating five grapes ain't gonna score you a BOC.

NEW RULE #4

• You don't have to eat corn dogs. It would be ridic (albeit totally awesome) if you just happened to have five corn dogs lying around the house. You can eat whatever you want. So we've come up with this handy little equivalency chart of examples for reference:

5 corn dogs = 5 corn dogs (Duh.)

5 mini corn dogs = 1 corn dog. (So 25 mini corn dogs = 5 corn dogs.)

5 Oreos = 1 corn dog (So 25 Oreos = 5 corn dogs. See where we're going here?)

5 standard-sized marshmallows = 1 corn dog

4 Bagel Bites = 1 corn dog

1 jar of spaghetti sauce = 1 corn dog

1 stick of butter = 1.5 corn dogs

And so on and so forth ...

NEW RULE #5

• All previous rules still apply and can be referenced here, here, here and here.

NEW RULE #6

• Refer one last time to NEW RULES #1 and #2. Seriously, you guys.

Got it? Good. Let's do this. For the final time, I present to you the Woot Ultimate Challenge!

DAY 5: CORN DOG TRIALS

THE SCORE TO BEAT

You might not believe it based on the corn dog-consuming prowess displayed in this video, but NO ONE wagered on Sean as the victor. Johnny was the clear favorite, while my bets were on Sam as the dark horse in this competition. We're sorry we underestimated you, Sean. Sam, you are dead to me. In 4:02:

Sean - 5 corn dogs, Johnny - 4.75 corn dogs, Sam - 4ish corn dogs

The digestive results are inconclusive.

Quality Posts

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

Marshmallows? I CAN SO DO MARSHMALLOWS.

/scurry

(Oh, who am I kidding. It'll take a miracle to get me into the Hun Army. XD)

((No, srsly, I'm still at work. HAVE FUN, DON'T CHOKE, SEE Y'ALL WHEN I GET MAH RATIONS))

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 35 Private Messages sellbuyer92

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

Caver2130

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Caver2130

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1

It's not "ridic" to have corndogs lying around. I got a whole box of 'em in the freezer. They're a staple in this house!

curtise

quality posts: 20 Private Messages curtise

ksguy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ksguy

Almost did marshmallows. Then I set out 25 marshmallows and decided no effin way those are staying down.

Coding with the fury of 7.89e-25 suns.

sampf53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sampf53

Took a few minutes for the youtubes to process as the HD option was left on.
Could've done a lot more...
Would've been more impressive...
Should've picked an easier food to get down!

barkwoot

quality posts: 96 Private Messages barkwoot

Now where did I put that video of all the Woot! employees eating cake....

amynance

quality posts: 6 Private Messages amynance

Staff

sampf53 wrote:

Erps. Video unavailable.

curtise

amynance wrote:Erps. Video unavailable.

I see that too... But when I looked at it on the YouTube site, it says the video is still processing. Hopefully it eventually starts playing so sampf53's hijinks will be shared with the world.

Meanwhile, I am now popping Tums to counter the inevitable heartburn of an ill-advised large amount of midnight spicy sausage.

-=C=-

edit: It looks like it finally finished processing and is now visible. Good luck, sampf53!

amynance

Staff

bsmith1 wrote:It's not "ridic" to have corndogs lying around. I got a whole box of 'em in the freezer. They're a staple in this house!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

Caver2130

Yogurt was the only ready to eat food I have in the house! Now, a few minutes later -- eating a thing of yogurt in like :30 was a TERRIBLE idea.

amynance

Staff

sampf53 wrote:

Took a few minutes for the youtubes to process as the HD option was left on... Should've picked an easier food to get down!

Dry as the Nevada desert, eh? hahaha

curtise

sampf53 wrote:
Took a few minutes for the youtubes to process as the HD option was left on... Should've picked an easier food to get down!

That was a super impressive amount of liquid-free granola bar eating, sir! Tip of the cap to you!!
-=C=-

amynance

Staff

ksguy wrote:Almost did marshmallows. Then I set out 25 marshmallows and decided no effin way those are staying down.

Best post of the night (so far). Hands down.

amynance

Staff

Caver2130 wrote:Yogurt was the only ready to eat food I have in the house! Now, a few minutes later -- eating a thing of yogurt in like :30 was a TERRIBLE idea.

Well then good thing you didn't eat five of 'em!

Pssst ... you checked your PMs from yesterday, right?

jfenchel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfenchel

I already got my Badge of Curiosity for the week but I figured I would do one just for fun, it's still uploading

I was a little low on any single food so I had to mix and match, I also just ate so I might have underestimated a bit.

Edit: I went off the screen to grab my phone, I tried to keep my arm in the shot, no deception just needed to play some words with friends. I also decided I couldn't finish the pecans

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

How many beers = 1 corn dog?

------------------
I Bet on Sky

Caver2130

amynance wrote:Well then good thing you didn't eat five of 'em!

Pssst ... you checked your PMs from yesterday, right?

I didn't see one, but I shall look. Apologies if I missed something!

Caver2130

Caver2130 wrote:I didn't see one, but I shall look. Apologies if I missed something!

And bless you, you kind soul... I got the PM.

amynance

Staff

Caver2130 wrote:And bless you, you kind soul... I got the PM.

I know. I just watched you purchase it. Creeped out? YOU SHOULD BE.

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer

Ooof, this was definitely the hardest challenge, but I'm not one to quit when the going gets tough!

5 granola bars + 1 homemade rocket pop = 5 corn dogs, right?

amynance

Staff

spilzer wrote:Ooof, this was definitely the hardest challenge, but I'm not one to quit when the going gets tough!

5 granola bars + 1 homemade rocket pop = 5 corn dogs, right?

I'm so happy! So so happy.

amynance

Staff

jfenchel wrote:I already got my Badge of Curiosity for the week but I figured I would do one just for fun, it's still uploading

I was a little low on any single food so I had to mix and match, I also just ate so I might have underestimated a bit.

Edit: I went off the screen to grab my phone, I tried to keep my arm in the shot, no deception just needed to play some words with friends. I also decided I couldn't finish the pecans

It's set to private, and I really wanna see it!

spilzer

sampf53 wrote:

Took a few minutes for the youtubes to process as the HD option was left on.
Could've done a lot more...
Would've been more impressive...
Should've picked an easier food to get down!

Ha! Granola bars are all I had too, but at least mine were the chewy kind!

jfenchel

amynance wrote:It's set to private, and I really wanna see it!

did that fix it?

spilzer

amynance wrote:I'm so happy! So so happy.

Thanks, me too.

Though I can't believe how many calories I just consumed in 5 minutes. I think I'm about to experience a severe sugar high followed by the inevitable crash. What dumb things we do in the name of Woot, ha ha!

amynance

Staff

jfenchel wrote:did that fix it?

Yes! Oof ... 16 minutes! hahaha

jfenchel

amynance wrote:Yes! Oof ... 16 minutes! hahaha

yeah as I said I had just eaten, I thought it was going to be shorter but about 5 minutes in I realize I had too much food, so I put on some music and chilled out and enjoyed.

Moueska

I have my entry made. Do you guys still want vids? >_>

'cause I haven't started eating yet.

I'd hate to break the video streak of posting each night, though.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3346 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Had a lot of fun watching all the action this week. So glad I was able to get in on the first challenge (ring toss) when it was easy! No way I could do tonight's challenge this late at night! You guys are champs!

amynance

Staff

Moueska wrote:I have my entry made. Do you guys still want vids? >_>

'cause I haven't started eating yet.

I'd hate to break the video streak of posting each night, though.

Of course we still want vids!

Moueska

amynance wrote:Of course we still want vids!

And thus, Metal and Cookies collide! XD Well, five vids for five threads, that's kind of impressive since I haven't posted anything major on my own channel in what was close to almost a month (and then YEARS before that).

Holy cookie monster - it says I have 111 min for the raw file to upload straight to youtube.

/dies

Okay, it says 94 min - so it's not private, it just hasn't finished loading yet.

EDIT:
38 min left and counting - Somebody could SRSLY sneak in behind me and be live before me.

EDIT AGAIN:
T minus 4 minutes...

NOTE:
Speed eating challenges are sometimes about time limits, sometimes about amounts - I think I gave myself a limit of ten minutes to eat as much as I possibly could of my coconut-caramel knock-off Samoa Girl Scout Cookies and hunks of Banana Skewers.

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew

I so badly want to see someone chug five jars of pasta sauce.

amynance

Staff

matthew wrote:I so badly want to see someone chug five jars of pasta sauce.

How much will you give me?

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew

Will replace two of the jars.

curtise

matthew wrote:Will replace two of the jars.

Interactions like that are why I *heart* you, matthew - you are one of the most creative, silly, and quick witted people I almost know!

You continue to put the woo! in woot!

Never change! (not talking clothes here - those you should change frequently, of course)

...And if ever I need a theme song, I'm going to be commissioning you for it!

Finally, be aware that I still have the AvocadoButt song stuck in my head, and that is still a wonderful thing.

-=C=-

jfenchel

matthew wrote:I so badly want to see someone chug five jars of pasta sauce.

How big, and can they be cans? If so, I'll do it for a Bandolier of Carrots

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

My dinners for the last 3 nights have all been small eating contests. I've been trying to get tired of in-n-out before I leave california forever. I think last night was a 4x4, double double, french fries and a large milkshake.

If only I had known about this last night i would have video taped :\ oh well