skemmis

quality posts: 13 Private Messages skemmis

Staff

We laughed. We cried. We complained. We foiled bots.

Did you get Crap this week from the "Copy and Paste" Woot-Off or from Amy's "Ultimate Challenge"? Show us what you got in this thread! Or don't -- y'know -- your life is your own.

jon98gn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn

I scored one. It's been a while mainly because I haven't been as diligent at checking the woot plus sites as I use to be.

\

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot

I scored mine during day 2 of the Ultimate Challenge.

Anybody get track by reference to work yet?

If you look here, it looks like 2 people (mrhollywoodgates and conanthelibrarian) from day 1 of the Ultimate Challenge have tracking information already.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

skemmis wrote:We laughed. We cried. We complained. We foiled bots.

Did you get Crap this week from the "Copy and Paste" Woot-Off or from Amy's "Ultimate Challenge"? Show us what you got in this thread! Or don't -- y'know -- your life is your own.

SHOW US!!! SHOW US!!!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Tiamat114

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Tiamat114
ThunderThighs wrote:SHOW US!!! SHOW US!!!

I always do! I may not be around as much but I did manage to snag one yesterday, and it's just as exciting as the first time. Then again I can't remember anything before yesterday really, so it's pretty much always the first time!

renrutnairbwoot

What are common sites people use for uploading pictures of their loot to? I have always wanted to post pictures of my Bag of Crap contents, but don't currently have an account at a "photo hosting" site. I would like to get one created before it arrives in the mail.

Thought maybe having this information out here will help get more people to post pics.

barkwoot

quality posts: 86 Private Messages barkwoot
renrutnairbwoot wrote:What are common sites people use for uploading pictures of their loot to?

I normally use Photobucket. I believe that Imgur and TinyPic are other popular sites.

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 35 Private Messages sellbuyer92

I got one from the corn dog challenge. ..I'm hoping for that Bandolier of Carrots from TT.

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

jon98gn

My status says that it's currently being put together for shipping. Does that mean I don't have a magic TT bag since I'm assuming she already submitted hers.

Also I wish the ultimate challenge would show their forum names and not their real names. Granted that some of us can recognize who they are due to the previous woot birthday cam. But still... It's fun to woot on the forum staff members.

\

Kannonfoddor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kannonfoddor

I was able to get one. I'll be sure to document my haul in this thread

Alfranquiz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Alfranquiz

I scored one early on the first morning of copy & paste while most people/bots were still sleeping and unaware. Glad I got it then as I know I would have been too slow to be figuring out presidents or bivavles and deleting them.

I'll probably avoid this thread until I get mine so as not to ruin the surprise, but I'll definitely be back to post the contents, especially if it includes some Thunder!

ThunderThighs

Staff

jon98gn wrote:My status says that it's currently being put together for shipping. Does that mean I don't have a magic TT bag since I'm assuming she already submitted hers.

Also I wish the ultimate challenge would show their forum names and not their real names. Granted that some of us can recognize who they are due to the previous woot birthday cam. But still... It's fun to woot on the forum staff members.

Are you wanting to know who some of the staffers are by their woot moniker? Which ones? I'll ping them and ask them to introduce themselves. Although some of them posted in their video thread.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

renrutnairbwoot wrote:What are common sites people use for uploading pictures of their loot to? I have always wanted to post pictures of my Bag of Crap contents, but don't currently have an account at a "photo hosting" site. I would like to get one created before it arrives in the mail.

Thought maybe having this information out here will help get more people to post pics.

I use imgur.com. It's fast and easy. It gives you the links to paste right in.

This thread has directions on how to download an easy-to-follow posting guide that I wrote a few years ago.

jon98gn

ThunderThighs wrote:Are you wanting to know who some of the staffers are by their woot moniker? Which ones? I'll ping them and ask them to introduce themselves. Although some of them posted in their video thread.

Thanks TT, but we all know that you haven't made an appearance yet. ;) I just thought it was funny when I saw Pember and everyone thought she looked like she wanted to stab all of us on the Woot birthday cam and then I recognized her on the VS video.

\

gogulak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gogulak

I finally scored some crap after years of trying... I feel it has brought me closer to the Woot community. My Coworkers couldn't understand my excitement when i attempted to share my joy with them. The excited anticipation alone is worth the expense. Thanks woot.

ThunderThighs

Staff

jon98gn wrote:Thanks TT, but we all know that you haven't made an appearance yet. ;) I just thought it was funny when I saw Pember and everyone thought she looked like she wanted to stab all of us on the Woot birthday cam and then I recognized her on the VS video.

Actually, I've been pictured on the site..

Linad

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad

7.8 pound of crap coming my way! No estimate for delivery yet. I won this one during the third day squirt gun challenge. Excited!!!!

lichme

quality posts: 2734 Private Messages lichme

Awaiting shipping from Day 2 challenge, but I got a Bandolier of Carrots yesterday from Fridays sellout sale.

It got there minutes before I left for the airport, but the notable contents that I remember:

1x Crab Bag
1x Opened set of Whisky Stones
1x RCA Ipad kit with headphones
1x kids size 4 shirt
1x set of hair ties
1x stationary set
1x Remington shaver kit

Probably a few more misc items. It was 7.4 lbs.

barkwoot

quality posts: 86 Private Messages barkwoot

Just got a shipping notice on my Bandolier of Carrots

4.1lbs, due 8/28.

This was shipped in record time for a Bandolier of Carrots I won for Wednesday's Ultimate Challenge, but didn't submit my order until 11am Central this morning.

Thanks Woot! Definitely enjoyed the challenges!

renrutnairbwoot

5lbs 23x12x12 package expected to arrive on 8/30 (so probably before that)

Scored during day 2 of the Ultimate Challenge.

renrutnairbwoot

ThunderThighs wrote:I use imgur.com. It's fast and easy. It gives you the links to paste right in.

This thread has directions on how to download an easy-to-follow posting guide that I wrote a few years ago.

Thanks TT! I just created an account at imgur.com.

haddenjms

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haddenjms

5.6 lbs! *internal screaming*

Gonna be here on the 30th.

jon98gn

Mine is but a baby compared to everyone else.
3.9 lbs 14x10x8 in Due Wed.

That just means just means it's a densely packed box. Hmmm.. That's probably the smallest box I've ever received from woot out of all my orders except for maybe memory cards.

Actually thinking about it I have an unopened Bag from the Math one sitting in my room until I can give it to him for his wedding.

\

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer

I won a bag from the "corn dog" trial, but since I'm moving next week, I'm gonna wait a few days before ordering so that it doesn't arrive at my new address before I do. I'll be sure to come back and post pics when I get it though. Maybe even an amusing video, a la Ultimate Challenge!

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
spilzer wrote:I won a bag from the "corn dog" trial, but since I'm moving next week, I'm gonna wait a few days before ordering so that it doesn't arrive at my new address before I do. I'll be sure to come back and post pics when I get it though. Maybe even an amusing video, a la Ultimate Challenge!

Careful with that info, someone could snipe you! Maybe you could send it to a friend/family member you trust? I've had stuff shipped to my dad's before.

gti87

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gti87

Snagged my Bandolier of Carrots at 2am pst on the first day of the fun. 23x12x12. 7.1pounds. Estimated 9/3! I'm in Oregon, takes forever to get my CRAP!

Un0fficial

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Un0fficial

Got one from the Paste-a-woot, and also got one from the Video challenge

(Before I get yelled at, I cleared it with woot staff before I attempted to get a paste-a-woot. They said it was 100% okay to snag both.)

Paste-A-Woot Bandolier of Carrots
12x12x12 in.
5.5 lbs

Video Challenge Bandolier of Carrots
17x12x12 in.
9.9 lbs

Intrepid Wooter
58 total woots including (Not all listed)
12/1/2010, 4/1/2011, 7/12/2011, 9/14/2011, 12/6/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/2012, 4/24/2012, 5/22/2012, 6/26/2012, 7/12/2012(5x), 8/21/2013, 12/3/2013, 1/15/2014, 4/22/2014, 6/2/2014 Bags of Crap

renrutnairbwoot

Un0fficial wrote:Got one from the Paste-a-woot, and also got one from the Video challenge

(Before I get yelled at, I cleared it with woot staff before I attempted to get a paste-a-woot. They said it was 100% okay to snag both.)

Paste-A-Woot Bandolier of Carrots
12x12x12 in.
5.5 lbs

Video Challenge Bandolier of Carrots
17x12x12 in.
9.9 lbs

Don't worry, UnOfficial. I have your back on the 2 bags. I wasn't lucky enough to get a copy/paste bag, but I was sure trying. If anybody has doubts, here is the response I got back from amynance (woot staffer) with approval for getting two bags.

kinimin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kinimin

Mine seems normal size and weight but my husband's is only 2.6lbs and 9x9x9. He's bummed out

He scored both of ours through copy and paste. He got one on his account and accidentally got two on my account, so I had to email woot and have them cancel one of them.

Linad

FedEx isn't showing me dimensions for my box of candy. Is there anyway to find out?

zomygodowned

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zomygodowned

Got one coming from copy paste on the 29th 12x12x12 and 5.3lbs

renrutnairbwoot

Linad wrote:FedEx isn't showing me dimensions for my box of candy. Is there anyway to find out?

Copied the below from an old post by LEM-. Would have copied the whole SmartPost Primer, but didn't want to read the whole thing to make sure it all still applied.

2. To get the dimensions you need to create My FedEx account (no charge, and you don't have to give them cc number if you don't want to): http://my.fedex.com/ and make sure to switch to new or advanced version. Enter your tracking number, and the dimensions will pop...

2.1 Another way to get dimensions: If you have problems with My FedEx site, or just to make things easier - you can also download a very convenient FedEx Desktop application. It uses the same log-in credentials as your My FedEx account (you'd still need to have one), and tracks the same packages right from your desktop, without the browser.

Linad

renrutnairbwoot wrote:Copied the below from an old post by LEM-. Would have copied the whole SmartPost Primer, but didn't want to read the whole thing to make sure it all still applied.

2. To get the dimensions you need to create My FedEx account (no charge, and you don't have to give them cc number if you don't want to): http://my.fedex.com/ and make sure to switch to new or advanced version. Enter your tracking number, and the dimensions will pop...

2.1 Another way to get dimensions: If you have problems with My FedEx site, or just to make things easier - you can also download a very convenient FedEx Desktop application. It uses the same log-in credentials as your My FedEx account (you'd still need to have one), and tracks the same packages right from your desktop, without the browser.

Didn't work. Maybe they didn't update the size? Guess it'll just have to be a surprise!

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

ERIKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN hasn't shipped mine off yet, I think.

KevinatWoot

quality posts: 18 Private Messages KevinatWoot
skemmis wrote:We laughed. We cried. We complained. We foiled bots.

I'm pretty sure all of those bots left a few months ago.

draigun

quality posts: 22 Private Messages draigun

TT, will we be seeing some of your extra special craps you went out and purchased earlier?

ThunderThighs

Staff

draigun wrote:TT, will we be seeing some of your extra special craps you went out and purchased earlier?

Yes, in the woot-off bags. But, I mean, don't get your hopes up for something spectacular. It was stuff I bought myself - limited budget, don't ya know.

The playing cards last year were a bit of a bust since of the 20 sets, only one person returned to post about them. I hope y'all do better this time.

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 35 Private Messages sellbuyer92

Will there be a difference between the copy and paste bags and the video bags?

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

ThunderThighs

Staff

sellbuyer92 wrote:Will there be a difference between the copy and paste bags and the video bags?

Hopefully, all the bags will be different in some way. But for want you're asking, no.

swifijon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swifijon
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes, in the woot-off bags. But, I mean, don't get your hopes up for something spectacular. It was stuff I bought myself - limited budget, don't ya know.

The playing cards last year were a bit of a bust since of the 20 sets, only one person returned to post about them. I hope y'all do better this time.

Booo.... People don't post as much as they use to.