WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Most state capitol buildings look like they were built with the same Neoclassical LEGO set as the U.S. Capitol. A white dome, some white columns, a flag on top, maybe some local flora on the lawn... ho-hum. But a select few take their own idiosyncratic path, from jazzing up the dome to departing from the whole pseudo-Acropolis trip altogether. Can you tell where these eight unusual state capitol buildings stand?

Answers are here. Please post your guesses, speculations, or arguments below! But know this: the Trivial Eye is presented for public amusement and no prizes are offered other than that familiar feeling of aggravation that so much of your mind is occupied by useless trivia.

michaelburwell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michaelburwell

You missed the giant phallus of the Florida Capitol in Tallahassee, complete with ... necessary appendages

sunnyx0r

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sunnyx0r

I'm surprised Wisconsin's isn't in here. That might have confused some people.

dukeofwulf

quality posts: 7 Private Messages dukeofwulf
michaelburwell wrote:You missed the giant phallus of the Florida Capitol in Tallahassee, complete with ... necessary appendages

Uh... (looks up pictures) oh my. That's quite a state capital you've got there.

Well, mine's longer.

Besides, I don't know how Ken could resist posting the tallest state capital building, especially since the governor who had it built was murdered inside it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_State_Capitol

davidbowser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages davidbowser

Iowa and NY are my faves in this group. They look like Central European castles/mansions.

lgbtech

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lgbtech

I can see #7 from my office window.