WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

It's ticklish, it uses its little hands, it babbles like a baby. Porcupines are the new ferrets. Can we have one? Please?

Watch Watch This First first, every weekday morning. Because the best way to start the day is to start it a few minutes later.

lipophilia

quality posts: 11 Private Messages lipophilia

1) no way I would come close enough to one of these guys to risk getting quilled
2) they need to train the poor thing not to eat the peel
3) they need to put the lotion in the basket

hot72chev

quality posts: 13 Private Messages hot72chev

Squeee! Reminds me of Teddy Bear the Talking Porcupine (with subtitles)

No badges cluttering up this signature...no-sir-ee-bob.

SpeedySloth

quality posts: 5 Private Messages SpeedySloth

Is the first creature really a porcupine? He looks like some sort of hedgehog to me, and the second looks like a porkie, but his quills look awfully hairlike.

Both are very cute, and if they are in nature centers, I applaud their rescuers. If not, I think that the owners of these animals are making a mistake. Wild animals ought to be left in the wild, and not kept as pets, no matter how cute.

There are plenty (more than plenty) of homeless cats and dogs that need people to love them, and if you really want to show the world how much you love animals, adopt an adult cat.

Seriously. Almost no one adopts adult cats, because it's so easy to get a kitten, and God made kittens so darned cute, cuter than porcupines, even. Later, if a problem comes up, off goes kitty to the shelter, who will almost certainly euthanize kitty. If people adopted even 1% of the adult cats in this country, it might be different, but adult cats might as well be rabid werewolves as far as the adopting public is concerned.

And no, I'm not a "cat lady." I have no pets at all, due to serious health issues. When I was able to have pets, they were dogs (always adopted). If you want to show how much you care about animals, adopt a pet in need, and make a donation to your local shelter.

Thank you for listening to my heartfelt rant.

hot72chev

quality posts: 13 Private Messages hot72chev
SpeedySloth wrote:Is the first creature really a porcupine? He looks like some sort of hedgehog to me, and the second looks like a porkie, but his quills look awfully hairlike.

Both are very cute, and if they are in nature centers, I applaud their rescuers. If not, I think that the owners of these animals are making a mistake. Wild animals ought to be left in the wild, and not kept as pets, no matter how cute.

There are plenty (more than plenty) of homeless cats and dogs that need people to love them, and if you really want to show the world how much you love animals, adopt an adult cat.

Seriously. Almost no one adopts adult cats, because it's so easy to get a kitten, and God made kittens so darned cute, cuter than porcupines, even. Later, if a problem comes up, off goes kitty to the shelter, who will almost certainly euthanize kitty. If people adopted even 1% of the adult cats in this country, it might be different, but adult cats might as well be rabid werewolves as far as the adopting public is concerned.

And no, I'm not a "cat lady." I have no pets at all, due to serious health issues. When I was able to have pets, they were dogs (always adopted). If you want to show how much you care about animals, adopt a pet in need, and make a donation to your local shelter.

Thank you for listening to my heartfelt rant.

Hear, hear! I second that! You are 100% correct. Teddy Bear is in a zoo somewhere, don't know where.

Have your pets spayed and neutered!

No badges cluttering up this signature...no-sir-ee-bob.

Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon
SpeedySloth wrote:
Both are very cute, and if they are in nature centers, I applaud their rescuers.

The video I posted sounds pretty clearly like a professional animal handler giving a talk to a tour group or something.