homechicken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages homechicken

I chose "Within 20 years" because it includes all the other choices

mrgroovemachine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrgroovemachine

Great poll Woot! I am glad to see so much support for legalization!

megabite6d9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages megabite6d9
bbkf wrote:It's kind of funny that the number one priority of the REPs is to stop the DEMs.

Seriously? You really think that only goes one way and that the DEMs don't try to stop the REPs? And you really think anyone elected with a (D) behind their name only has your best interest in mind? I don't even believe that for the (I)s and (R)s.

Back to the subject though, the anti-smoking crowd is even going after the e-cig crowd now even though it's the most effective and healthy alternative for those trying to quit. With those laws passed, good luck convincing people that something with THC isn't as bad for you as nicotine & water vapor. It's all about controlling what you do coming from the left even though the latest census and poll data shows the majority of smokers are minorities.

lotsofgoats

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats

e-cigs are the most effective monetary machine for milking smokers under the guise of health benefits, that is for sure. They're not about quitting, they're about replacement.

azfreedheart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azfreedheart

5 years before it is legal. In ten years they will be adding THC to the water with fluoride to keep the brain dead masses contented, and requiring school children to ingest a minimum amount daily required amount.

azfreedheart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azfreedheart

I wonder if Scooby and the gang will be the first multi-vitamins with THC .

salanth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages salanth
bbkf wrote:you can grow tobacco at home, yet no one does....

don't forget, Americans are the laziest culture in the world

Well, some Brooklynites have their tobacco plants growing nicely here, back from 2011.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/25/nyregion/25tobacco.html?_r=0

salanth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages salanth
bbkf wrote:so if it has never been studied, then why did you make the claim that it has anti-cancer qualities?

there is no health benefit to marijuana, stop kidding yourself.

I think the appetite activation is quite a potent medical benefit, actually, especially for chemo survivors. Eating properly is essential to health.

When I had shingles, the side effects from the medication totally took away my appetite and made me sick trying to eat. I lost about 10% of my body weight from not being able to eat. It took a month flying back to my mom's to bring me back up to health.

dostone

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dostone

It will not be legalized until after a valid sobriety field test can be developed to test if a person is driving under the influence of marijuana as well as the level of THC present in the driver's system.

itoaseik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik

Wow bbkf, you're quite the expert, eh?

bbkf wrote:tobacco is not nearly as harmful as marijuana. It's about ten fold less harmful. There are way more carcinogens in marijuana than tobacco. The effects of THC are more debilitating than nicotine.

bbkf wrote:i really don't want to argue that cigarettes are safer because smoking ANYTHING is not safe.

Mmmk. Yeah, inhaling smoke in general is probably not "healthy." But people already do it legally with another plant that is at the least far more addictive. Not to mention that there are several other ways to consume marijuana.

bbkf wrote:so if it has never been studied, then why did you make the claim that it has anti-cancer qualities?

there is no health benefit to marijuana, stop kidding yourself.

BS, and also BS. Marijuana/THC has been studied in universities and by the government. At the very least, it has been shown to promote appetite and reduce nausea. Can you think of anyone that might be medically beneficial to?

bbkf wrote:Don't get me wrong, I love the stuff and I fully support it's legalization. I think people need to stop lying to themselves and others by claiming that it's beneficial to health or the economy.

Wat? Because bringing in revenue from taxing a legal product would be worse for the economy than spending on police to combat it? Thanks for your opinions. Maybe you should smoke less.

bbkf

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bbkf
itoaseik wrote:Wow bbkf, you're quite the expert, eh?

Wat? Because bringing in revenue from taxing a legal product would be worse for the economy than spending on police to combat it? Thanks for your opinions. Maybe you should smoke less.

do you think tobacco would still be legal if there were absolutely NO lobbyism for it? I highly doubt it would be legal. Smoking cigarettes costs our government more money than the taxation it gets from its purchase.

I wouldn't think that taxing marijuana would make the slightest dent on our economy. There are a lot of other issues with what is wrong with that.

The so called health benefits of marijuana are more prevalent when ingested. Smoking it causes an array of other health problems. There is already a THC drug on the market with no euphoric side effect. No one wants it because they just want to be high. If THC was really some miracle drug, then the pill would suffice.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 169 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

bbkf wrote:
The so called health benefits of marijuana are more prevalent when ingested. Smoking it causes an array of other health problems. There is already a THC drug on the market with no euphoric side effect. No one wants it because they just want to be high. If THC was really some miracle drug, then the pill would suffice.

For the regular/casual user, what you said might be valid. However, many cancer patients (stage 4) have a very difficult time with orally taking pills such as Marinol. Anorexia, early satiety, weight loss, and cachexia are problems experienced by cancer patients. Such patients are faced not only with the disfigurement associated with wasting but also with an inability to engage in the social interaction of meals.
For them, the pill is not an alternative form for administering THC.

txhagen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages txhagen

It will NEVER be legal in South Dakota

Bobbb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bobbb

Legal here in Wa, no bong hits for me though.
I get Random Drug Tests!

fredwardfickle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fredwardfickle

The government needs the old folks to go ahead and die off. Generation X will step in and legalize it. Tax the I like turtles! out of something, cuz that's how government runs, on tax collecting. Just ask the people of India when the British wanted to tax the salt. Salt is free and is a natural product of the earth. Them sum-cake is a liees wanted to tax it. Why? For income you silly goose! Taxman is also one of my favorite Beatles songs. Yes, I did end a sentence up yonder in a preposition. It's okay to do that in English cuz it's a Germanic based language where it's perfectly acceptable to do. Now in Latin, no way Mister! They may even make you drink Hemlock for committing such a heinous crime. Get it? I used latin. Where's Trollface Hiding? am I doing here? That isn't my beautiful wife...and the days go by...

bn

strawhousepig

quality posts: 60 Private Messages strawhousepig

I wanted to believe within 10 years, but then read the woefully, willfully ignorant replies about a substance the posters of such swill have no knowledge of, first hand or otherwise. Not to mention blatant racism and prudish snobbery.

No medical benefit? Tell that to this girl's parents - Marijuana stops child's severe seizures - CNN.com

It's a plant. It is not evil. It grows in the wild and its many varieties can supply an incredible range of useful material. Even food.

Sure, there is, has always been, and will always be a segment of humanity that would love nothing more than to sit around high as a kite and do nothing else. This is a small minority. Guess what? They do that already! Don't let the fear peddlers convince you that legal marijuana will lead to the destruction of society. With cannabis use being illegal, if they get caught they sit around in jail or prison. Isn't it nice of us to protect them from themselves? No it is not. Locking up our brothers and sisters for something that harms no one is destroying society.

Related viewing: