lichme

quality posts: 3182 Private Messages lichme

Item: Dyson DC35 Multi Floor Vacuum - 2 Colors
Price: $179.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $19 One-Day OR $15 Two-Day
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Search Amazon Search Google

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3913 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Lot's of comments for this when it was offered back in June

conanthelibrarian

Pretty good reviews (4.4 out of 5.0) on the Blue model over at bestbuy.com

conanthelibrarian

Solid reviews (4.2 out of 5.0) on the Purple model over at The O

njager05

quality posts: 3 Private Messages njager05
lichme wrote:Item: Dyson DC35 Multi Floor Vacuum - 2 Colors
Price: $179.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $19 One-Day OR $15 Two-Day
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Search Amazon Search Google

spam bot fails again!

freddyferret

quality posts: 1 Private Messages freddyferret

Gadget Review has a great review and gives it 4.5 / 5 stars.

Manki

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Manki

EVERYBODY! This is my favorite vacuum ever! I have a cat with long hair. If you do too, I know your pain. Imagine yourself chasing your cat around and picking up fur anywhere cause it's wireless.

Charges in the closet, on it's docking station, where it is put away. All the parts hang next to it in a nice neat fashion.

The tube attachment is best for picking up kitty tumble weeds.

It's strong and picks up the crap between wood panels.

No bag ever. Just press button and dump 'kittens' in the garbage.

I paid 300. 0_o

HAHA uhhhh... also after reading the specs on woot. I didn't even know there were two power settings. I don't think I've ever used max power feature before.

-

brhays

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brhays
Manki wrote:EVERYBODY! This is my favorite vacuum ever! I have a cat with long hair. If you do too, I know your pain. Imagine yourself chasing your cat around and picking up fur anywhere cause it's wireless.

Charges in the closet, on it's docking station, where it is put away. All the parts hang next to it in a nice neat fashion.

The tube attachment is best for picking up kitty tumble weeds.

It's strong and picks up the crap between wood panels.

No bag ever. Just press button and dump 'kittens' in the garbage.

I paid 300. 0_o

HAHA uhhhh... also after reading the specs on woot. I didn't even know there were two power settings. I don't think I've ever used max power feature before.

Agreed. I bought this on a previous Woot and it is by far our most-used cleaning tool. I was worried about battery life, but it cleans our whole downstairs on a charge. Love, love love this thing.

gertiestn

quality posts: 57 Private Messages gertiestn

I think it's attributable to chance rather than by design, but I love the way it looks like this Dyson is sucking up the comments &avatars from quality posts.

Manki

High fives, brhays!

Oh man my first quality post on woot! I shall commemorate this moment with this image of my cat Oscar and my vacuum.

-

kgamon

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kgamon

It would be a good vacuum IF it had a one touch on/off switch. You have to continually depress the trigger while vacuuming. I bought one last November, and recently, the trigger has become less responsive. You have to squeeze the carp out of it now. It's still theoretically under warranty, so I guess I'll call customer service. Even when it worked, though, it was a drag to have to keep holding the button the whole time.

Oh, and the max setting will drain the battery in about 10 minutes.

Ryukyu King

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 39 Private Messages lorenzodemedici
kgamon wrote:It would be a good vacuum IF it had a one touch on/off switch. You have to continually depress the trigger while vacuuming. I bought one last November, and recently, the trigger has become less responsive. You have to squeeze the carp out of it now. It's still theoretically under warranty, so I guess I'll call customer service. Even when it worked, though, it was a drag to have to keep holding the button the whole time.

Oh, and the max setting will drain the battery in about 10 minutes.

I have not seen that exact model but I have a different model Dyson. I had some problems with the power switch also but I was able to fix it myself. I'm just guessing but based on how mine is put together, I would think that you have one of two problems: either the plastic parts are sticking (they do that once the surface finish wears off) or the electrical contacts have some oxidation on them. You may be able to fix your power button by spraying some silicone spray into the entire mechanism, which will correct the plastic sticking and not harm the electrical components. If that doesn't work, you can try some spray electrical contact cleaner which they sell at hardware stores. I would probably do both, the contact cleaner first and the silicone spray second. Most likely that will fix your power button. Hope that helps.

sjc314

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sjc314

I bought this back in June. It started shutting off intermittently after about a week. I've bought a lot of "refurbs" on Woot and this is the first problem I've had. To their credit, Dyson Customer Support was very responsive and shipped out a replacement motor which fixed the problem.

I also agree with the comment about having to hold the trigger. It really gets tiresome.

I find the biggest benefit of this vac is that because it's cordless and handy I don't hesitate to vacuum more often whereas before I would let the dirt and cat hair build up until the weekly pull-out of my much louder and heavier Kenmore canister vac and it's clumsy cord.

Rustyh3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Rustyh3

Any comments, comparisons or experience with the DC44 Animal version?

We have 2 Golden Retrievers and could use something to pick up hair other than the corded vac.

Is there any reason to get the DC44 instead?

Schitty

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Schitty

I have a lab, golden retriever, and two long hair cats. I run this Dyson, the purple one, every day when I get home from work. I use it mainly where the hair gathers around baseboards, furniture, and cabinets. This is on tile and hardwood. I do not recommend using this on carpet. Gotta pull out the full size Dyson every few days for that chore.

wvernon72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wvernon72

I love this thing too! I purchased one here with a slew of attachments. LAst time it was up for grabs on woot I emailed several friends and family because I thought they would benefit greatly from it, they thought I was a bit nuts for making such a big deal of it. I might grab another and gift it to prove my point or just hoard it myself, can't decide. Anyway, why does one of the pictures show an upholstery dohicky attachment but there is mo mention of it in the package contents or in the package contents picture? It would be awesome to throw this in.... Woot?

[MOD: That attachment is not included. We've removed the photo. Sorry for the confusion.]

nmill005

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nmill005

I say it everytime this comes up. That is an awful lot of money for a glorified dust buster.

You folks seem to love the thing though.

Rustyh3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Rustyh3
nmill005 wrote:I say it everytime this comes up. That is an awful lot of money for a glorified dust buster.

You folks seem to love the thing though.

That is my issue.

We have tried 6 vacs and found none that met all needs. We need a quick pick up vac. We have had a few dust busters and they just don't deliver the power and durability. Ugh. It is a lot for a handheld..........

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

Good cordless vacuum BUT not over $100 better than comparable competitors. $69 Lithium-Ion model by B&D gets 4.4 star rating on Amazon with almost 300 reviews.
http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-CHV1410L-14-4-Volt-Lithium/dp/B006LXOJC0

sxcballz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sxcballz

Is there a difference between Purple and Blue? Does either come with the mini motorized head for pet hair?

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii
conanthelibrarian wrote:Pretty good reviews (4.4 out of 5.0) on the Blue model over at bestbuy.com

This only gets 4 star rating on Amazon compared to the B&D which gets 4.4 and about $115 less.

dtumd

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dtumd

so my dc35 stopped working recently. probably because i didn't clean the filter often enough... now you press the trigger, the light goes on, but nothing happens. think i can fix it by taking it apart or is it a lost cause?

wrecks13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wrecks13

Avoid this deal. I got one during a previous Woot event and it was clearly not refurbished. One of the latches was broken and the electrical contacts between the head unit and the floor attachment would not make contact. I purchased a latch for under $10 and replaced myself, and was able to reposition the eletrical contacts so that they worked. Also, got a smart Vizio TV with a DOA remote. Woot advised to contact the refurb house for warranty repair. Refurb house wanted the entire TV boxed and returned not just the remote. Ended up buying a replacement remote online, as it was a cheaper option. Bottom line: Woot refurbs arent the same since amazon bought them.

Rex

wonko80

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wonko80

Does this work well for vacuuming carpeted steps? There are some corded step vacuums that get good reviews (Eureka 71B), but I like the idea of it being cordless as I think that will make it more likely to be used often.

adendrinos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adendrinos

I see on two of the views a smaller vacuum head. Pictures 7 and 11 where the unit is being used on a couch. However, I do not see that part in the "package contents" view. Is this included in the deal or a purchase separately component?

hyochan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hyochan

This stuff is 100-240 VAC
Or is 110vac?

akwebb81

quality posts: 1 Private Messages akwebb81
Schitty wrote:I have a lab, golden retriever, and two long hair cats. I run this Dyson, the purple one, every day when I get home from work. I use it mainly where the hair gathers around baseboards, furniture, and cabinets. This is on tile and hardwood. I do not recommend using this on carpet. Gotta pull out the full size Dyson every few days for that chore.

"Animal" is a loosely used term with Dyson. It generally just refers to additional attachments, not "extra power" or anything like that.

We owned the DC35, purchased from Amazon as a refurb about 9 months ago. After 7 months, it started the intermittent shutting off, then just stopped altogether. I tried all the tricks and called Dyson CS. They would not replace it for free due to the fact refurbs only carry a 6 month warranty. Keep that in mind.

We used this everyday and it is a great product. My wife, who admittedly doesn't like cleaning... said we needed another. Thankfully we purchased using our AMEX card and they refunded our full purchase price due to their extended warranty. We went to Costco and bought the DC-44 about $80 more than this refurb here. If it's something you're going to spend this kind of money on a vacuum, use it and buy from Costco. We have 3 yr warranty on it now, plus the Costco "lifetime" warranty. Never thought I'd spend >$250 on a dust buster, but it is extremely powerful and versatile, plus, easy to use. That's the biggest thing with vac's, most are a pain to pull out and use, this is quick and painless.

keymomachine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keymomachine
adendrinos wrote:I see on two of the views a smaller vacuum head. Pictures 7 and 11 where the unit is being used on a couch. However, I do not see that part in the "package contents" view. Is this included in the deal or a purchase separately component?

Yeah the small brush tool pictured is not included with the DC35, Woot ought to fix that.

I finally convinced my wife to let me buy one of these from Woot back in June and it has basically changed my life. I never have to lug out the big upright vacuum. I can basically clean our whole 900 sq ft. home in one charge. This works great on dusty hard floors because of the carbon fiber filaments in the brush. The main reason I wanted it was for cleaning up my cat's litter and food area, he is messy and this makes short work of cleaning up all the kibble that lazily falls from his mouth. It works reasonably well on the rugs we have, including the high pile wool rug our cat enjoys scratching. I frequently use the included floor brush tool on our upholstery to remove the cats hair and find that it does a great job of sucking dust (farts) out of the cushions. I could not recommend this vacuum more wholeheartedly, especially for those with smaller homes.

acewald

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acewald

The picture thats 7th from the top, do you get this attachement with the package? It looks like an appolstry motorized brush.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

sxcballz wrote:Is there a difference between Purple and Blue? Does either come with the mini motorized head for pet hair?

Just the color. For refurbished Dyson, there is no "Animal" version with the extra attachment.

acewald wrote:The picture thats 7th from the top, do you get this attachement with the package? It looks like an appolstry motorized brush.

No, it's not included. That photo has been removed. Sorry for the confusion.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

coldfyre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coldfyre
Schitty wrote:I have a lab, golden retriever, and two long hair cats. I run this Dyson, the purple one, every day when I get home from work. I use it mainly where the hair gathers around baseboards, furniture, and cabinets. This is on tile and hardwood. I do not recommend using this on carpet. Gotta pull out the full size Dyson every few days for that chore.

This is the post that finally convinced me to buckle up and buy this thing. Cheers!

jeskimo5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeskimo5
dtumd wrote:so my dc35 stopped working recently. probably because i didn't clean the filter often enough... now you press the trigger, the light goes on, but nothing happens. think i can fix it by taking it apart or is it a lost cause?

Give it a full charge, worked for me

dchoudhuri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dchoudhuri

I bought the same item 2 years ago.I will NOT recommend to anyone for this item.But the Dyson regular item is very good.

Manki

jeskimo5 wrote:Give it a full charge, worked for me

That happened to me too. I thought it broke but it did just needed a full charge. Hope that helps you.

For those that have this vacuum... How do I clean the roller head? I've seen that there are these coin slits on the side and I try to spin them to take it apart so I can clean the roller and free it of tangles. Is it possible to remove the roller and clean it or did I misinterpret the design?

-

honestjoe68

quality posts: 7 Private Messages honestjoe68

I Highly recommend the Dyson DC35! It is Not a dustbuster by any means, it's much more versatile and powerful. The airwatts of this vac on max is 65, the airwatts on a Shark Navigator upright is Only 43!! Think about that, and the floor head is much more advanced with the carbon fiber bristles! I own a DC44 which is similar, along with 5 other Dyson uprights. I used to own almost every other brand of upright and handheld vacuums made, and then I bought the DC44. It is true when they say, you truly do get what you pay for! I use mine almost every single day for dry spills and quick clean ups, as well as touch ups between vacuuming with my DC41 upright. I paid full price of $399 and do NOT regret it, so this low Woot price is a no brainer! Thanks and Peace, Honest Joe P.S. I don't work for Dyson but I am the proud owner of 5 Dyson vacuums and a Dyson fan.

trom120

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trom120
gertiestn wrote:I think it's attributable to chance rather than by design, but I love the way it looks like this Dyson is sucking up the comments &avatars from quality posts.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that noticed. Hahaha.

smegheid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages smegheid

Oi, Woot! Can you please sort something out with the whole "Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes and APO addresses not available for this item" rubbish?

I know being on a rock in the middle of the Pacific complicates matters somewhat, but surely there's some way of handling this?

Literally every freakin' thing I've ever wanted to buy on woot has this plastered on the bottom, ruining my chances. I really do mean literally, too; I've bought nary a thing on woot, not because I didn't want to but because I couldn't. I only registered to cake is a lie and moan about it, to be honest...

mdyoung216

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mdyoung216

I have a DC 35 and DC 44. Don't see much difference in the two. The DC 44 battey is supposed to run longer, but haven't tested them against each other. The problem I have with the DC 44 is it was starting to cut on and off. I found a fix online. I had to wire tie the battery to the body. Seems the weight of the battery pulls it away from the contacts.

http://taner-riffat.blogspot.com/2013/05/dyson-dc-44-animal-trigger-problem.html

beware

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beware

I bought one at Target on clearance for $50. Battery died and does not charge anymore, when it did charge it didn't last long enough to vacuum my microfiber couch. I would not recommend.